LG 34UC79G + Free Copy of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands @ OCUK

Associate
Hey Everyone!

As you will have noticed Gibbo has just done a thread on Gaming Monitor Offers - included in this list is the LG 34UC79G at a special deal price of £499.99 Inc Vat!

BUT!

Also, when you purchase this monitor at £499.99 from OCUK, you will also get a download coupon enabling a free download of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands from 7th March - when the game officially launches!

Not only a nice price, but a lovely free game treat to boot!

Associate
I gather LG will tend to shy away from gsync and be limited to freesync? Seems common for non gaming focused manufacturers. Shame as you guys make cracking panels.

Associate
OP
The main reason is that we don't like to pay other people for technology, and of course with G-Sync you need to buy the chip from Nvidia for the screen

but saying that, the current 34UC79G (34" curve, 144Hz with 1ms motion blur reduction) will have a sister sku - the 34UC89G which will be exactly the same panel just G-Sync not Freesync - so our first entrant to the G-Sync arena

Caporegime
The main reason is that we don't like to pay other people for technology, and of course with G-Sync you need to buy the chip from Nvidia for the screen
And I for one am thankful! It is ridiculous being locked into a brand if you want sync tech. I could understand them doing it for when they only had their new 9xx cards out as "supposedly", none of their GPUs could work with the adaptive sync tech, not sure if that is still true for their new 10xx cards though... What makes it even funnier is that they use the adaptive sync tech. on laptops...

It's a shame that the main suppliers for gsync screens i.e. asus and acer don't stop with the gsync crap all together as it would mean pushing nvidia into supporting an open universal standard.

Either way, only a matter of time until they do given that freesync monitors are dominating gsync for sheer choice across the board as well as being vastly cheaper in the majority of cases.

Associate

but saying that, the current 34UC79G (34" curve, 144Hz with 1ms motion blur reduction) will have a sister sku - the 34UC89G which will be exactly the same panel just G-Sync not Freesync - so our first entrant to the G-Sync arena

Sure, but how many people want a 1080p 34. I guess you think the market is there if they're going into production.

Associate

Nice to see LG finally making some G sync monitors. 34" curved local dimming HDR 3440x1440 please would be great.:D

Best

Wulf

Soldato
Saw that this was back for £499 so bought it for my son, he is loving it.

I only have it through HDMI right now so it is only 75hz but even that is pretty smooth, I need a mini DP convertor before he can try 144hz.

Back
Top Bottom