LG 42-inch OLED

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got it and set up the buet. Pretty small box overall. Size wise works perfect for me and overall the profile is pretty slim. With slim wall mount sticks out 7cm to front of bezel from the wall so works well. I sit about 75cm - 80cm from the screen and it works perfect, the sweet spot for me as any bigger is not ideal unless sitting further back. Setting wise will take some time but gets bright enough this close to the screen. The ABL is there and active. Can be noticeable for example if you have a bright background / wallpaper then open up a white page and increase the size, largely expected however with OLED experience. Someone asked about text, its sharp and works well. PPI is pretty nice. Not as much as a 27" 4k panel of course, but works well without seeing any pixels from where I sit.

KW3pc7d.jpg
XRaDlST.jpg
WClyTi0.jpg
Oooh, that looks very nice mate. Enjoy :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Got it and set up the buet. Pretty small box overall. Size wise works perfect for me and overall the profile is pretty slim. With slim wall mount sticks out 7cm to front of bezel from the wall so works well. I sit about 75cm - 80cm from the screen and it works perfect, the sweet spot for me as any bigger is not ideal unless sitting further back. Setting wise will take some time but gets bright enough this close to the screen. The ABL is there and active. Can be noticeable for example if you have a bright background / wallpaper then open up a white page and increase the size, largely expected however with OLED experience. Someone asked about text, its sharp and works well. PPI is pretty nice. Not as much as a 27" 4k panel of course, but works well without seeing any pixels from where I sit.

KW3pc7d.jpg
XRaDlST.jpg
WClyTi0.jpg

Opulent-Entire-Canvasback-size-restricted.gif

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Apparently Mr Curries do have stock of the product but they might just be doing the pre-orders for now. Estimated time was 26th this Saturday for 42" C2 stock.

Hopefully Curries orders get sorted by next week.

Soldato

KW3pc7d.jpg
XRaDlST.jpg
WClyTi0.jpg
Wow, you've got one hell of a setup, very stylish! Enjoy the new screen, it looks great.

Soldato
Ta lads :) Awesome to see others getting there ones too soon.

Now half the fun, working these settings, everything moved around to what I am used too :o

Soldato
Can you elaborate on that? Curious because I usually have my monitor set at a lower brightness level.

ditto

tbh, I've never owned a TV or monitor in my life that I haven't turned the brightness way down on - every single screen I've ever used has been too bright for me

Associate
I’ve been tweaking the settings on my TV and am finding the picture quality to be brilliant, I’ve used the follow video from AVForums as the base and tweaked to my preferences from there. Need to work on PS5 next, loaded HZD2 and with Eco mode off (doh!) the colours look really vivid and bright, definitely a notiable step up from the Sony.

Soldato
I’ve been tweaking the settings on my TV and am finding the picture quality to be brilliant, I’ve used the follow video from AVForums as the base and tweaked to my preferences from there. Need to work on PS5 next, loaded HZD2 and with Eco mode off (doh!) the colours look really vivid and bright, definitely a notiable step up from the Sony.

Thanks for sharing this, my C1 arrives tomorrow, if you've found any settings that suit the TV as a monitor well, please share!

Cheers and enjoy!

Associate
@Radox-0 setup looks great, grats!

Thanks for the feedback on text clarity and ppi. When you've had some time I'd love to hear your further feedback on how you find it for productivity stuff, for example keeping scaling at 100% or increasing to 125% for e.g., whether it being a flat screen and not curved is an issue when reading text at outer edges, whether the glossy screen and reflections are a problem etc.

Thanks again, and enjoy!

P.S. damn nice speakers, what stack are you using there?

Back
Top Bottom