LG 42-inch OLED

JUST pre-ordered my LG 42" C2 OLED today and it only cost me £749. :D (those gift vouchers mount up). ;)
Delivery due between April 12th to May 11th.

This will be my first 4k screen I will be using for my PC monitor.
Their are a few reasons I opted for this instead of the Alienware 34" QD-OLED.
One of them being I now have a XBOX Series X, as well as my gaming PC so it just made more sense.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
ABL has nothing to do with burn in protection and more to do with energy efficiency requirements.

And very likely to prevent the panel getting too hot at the same time.

yep that makes sense as well although none of my oled tv's get hot to touch only barely worm.

I think its a combination of all so everyone is right, energy saving, panel overheating and pixel burn in/out.

This guy on AVs forums describes it best:

"ABL is Auto Brightness Limiting. This does prevent burn in by limiting full screen peak brightness to around 150 nits. It also prevents the tv from overheating or shortening the lifespan of the tv. With some of the 2021 tv's, ABL will be less aggressive, (hopefully allowing full screen peak brightness to reach at least 300 nits), due to an added heat sink, and better panel engineering"

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/how-to-turn-off-asbl-on-lg-oled-tv.2440714/post-60465051

Still good to hear it saves energy and overheating, wasn't aware of that.

Soldato
Couldn't stand SC2, its probably the game that put me off gaming forever and the last real game I played. SC1 was where it was at, 4hrs to build a base and an hour to destroy it :p

Not tried SC2 on the LGC148 yet, but SCFA is great...in fact everything on it is great!

I've just finished my first day of work on it, out of fear I've set the brightness to 20% in the Nvidia control panel, and screen brightness is 50% in the LG menu...not had anytime to mess around any further, screes is "dim" compared to how I'd game on it, but I'm in a proper mancave with no windows so easy to control the light and in the fairly low light environment its absolutely fine for work, not used Powertoys to dish up the screen but will give that a go when I get time.

For me personally 48" has been easy to use, I'd have probably gone 42" if all things were equal, but as I got this ~£400 cheaper than a 42" I'm very happy...

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Currys have the 42C2 in stock now. Got a text with a scheduled delivery date of Saturday 2nd April.

I went onto their live chat and managed to bring delivery forward to Tuesday 29th March.

Great work, what did you say to get that good service?

Mines due Wednesday, fingers crossed their good units. Nice to see Currys delivering stock now.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Phil from Avf is going to do an up to date LG G2/C2 best settings video soon, but he gives some early tips here:

Its pretty much switch off Energy eco mode, set picture mode to filmmaker mode and Cinema for Dolby vision though

Soldato
Phil from Avf is going to do an up to date LG G2/C2 best settings video soon, but he gives some early tips here:

Its pretty much switch off Energy eco mode, set picture mode to filmmaker mode and Cinema for Dolby vision though

That is the one neat thing, each Gen LG are getting better out the box with settings you can simply apply. Granted not as good as calibration, but easy to get looking good and natural.

Soldato
Couldn't stand SC2, its probably the game that put me off gaming forever and the last real game I played. SC1 was where it was at, 4hrs to build a base and an hour to destroy it :p
It was ok, I put around 50 hours into it. It certainly didn't have as much depth as SC.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
That is the one neat thing, each Gen LG are getting better out the box with settings you can simply apply. Granted not as good as calibration, but easy to get looking good and natural.

Yeah LG done a great job, Value electronics did a review recently where the TV calibrator gave props to LG since out of the box it was almost colour accurate to d65 standard and didn't really need calibrating. He also said compared to previous LG TVs its the most detailed and accurate out the box.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Have these dropped in price yet? :D

flat-screen-tv-tv.gif

Associate
Mr Lewis delivery schedule email finally came through tonight, scheduled for this Saturday.

Can’t wait to upgrade my crappy 6 year old TN monitor. Have been hating going back to it after playing games on my TV (also and LG OLED).

Back
Top Bottom