LG 42-inch OLED

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

On the rear of the screen, what is the distance from centre of screen to right hand edge where the connections start ? I want to create a hole in my wall so I can feed my cables through to the inputs. Also what is the distance from left side and bottom edge to where the little panel is for the power cable ?
Thanks a lot
I wouldn’t worry about getting the hole for the cables dead centre. The panel is big enough that you can get it in the approximate location (take the overall width and drill halfway across).

The panel for the power is within the bottom 20cm of the panel and about 45cm from the side (at a guess). I’d have to take it off the wall to measure and I haven’t got the energy for that :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just picked one of these up, what settings should I be using for best performance/optimisation?

These apply to the C2 too.

FYI if you repeatedly press the mute button you can also access a hidden menu to turn off the “show LG logo on power off” option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Thanks for that, I've gone through and done what he suggested.

It's taking some getting used to going from 21:9 back to 16:9 - it's so tall, and the reflective screen. But it blows my LG 38GL950 out the water in terms of colour, blacks and obviously HDR.

Got an April 2022 panel and everything looks good on it

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Just picked one of these up, what settings should I be using for best performance/optimisation?

This ones good all rounder imo:-

hdtvtest does a solid walkthrough but its most in-depth, if you just want a quick set up the AVforums one is easier imo

Associate
I paid £1043 with 5 years warranty, well worth it imo, paid 1700 for my 38GL950B and doesn't have half the features.

Coming come a concave (curved) screen to a flat screen it feels convex, is this normal?
I went from a samsung g7 32" odyssey and yeah at first it was like the screen was warped but soon looked fine. I have had mine since April and not had any issues and love the screen, for productivity and gaming, very happy with my purchase

Associate
Don't know how do I check, it's from the only highstreet electronic retailer?
Is there a pdf or link to the terms? As when I checked two other big retailers in the UK both their standard ones did not cover it and only one paid did. And the one that did wanted an extra £150 which was annoying. So it negated any saving that the discount I saw had.

Associate
Mine arrived this morning..
PXL-20220627-083352896-2.jpg

Reactions: R3X
Soldato
Amusingly been doing some paperwork on my 77" G2. Using the exact same documents vs my 42" C2, the latter darkens much more with static content. The G2, barely darkens at all if at all and stays decently brighter with static content on similar length of time. Abit both are set to about 40 OLED light and similar setting elsewhere. Wonder how they differ in terms of setup and or if the heatsink is also a reason. Curious now how other 42" models will be as they should have heatsinks. Or could be I am seeing things :cry:

Soldato
Don't know how do I check, it's from the only highstreet electronic retailer?
I had one from the high street retailer with its own 5 year warranty. It hit 4years 11 months and then had issues where by screen burn was one of them, the screen was written off and a fair value that enabled me to buy a replacement was issued. I then bought another with the same warranty. Can’t fault it really, the down time however at near a month was a bit much..

R3X

R3X

Soldato

Nice only made last month so hot off the stove, bought from Rainforest I take it?

You also have C2 42" - 08/00/1/03 - WBE panel so its the same as EVHs panel.

I think someone spotted that is how to tell if you got the latest panel, 52 Watts vs the 63 or more from WBC panels.

Back
Top Bottom