LG 42-inch OLED

Associate
I can't wall mount unfortunately as it's a plasterboard wall where my desk is. I was thinking a monitor stand/arm thing but I'm unsure how much space that will get me tbh. From a picture I saw it may even be closer than with the original stand.
For a stud wall that is just plasterboard , I would recommend these ...
(I would also recommend getting the setting tool)

For a "dot and dab" wall , I would recommend getting these ...

I have fitted a number of heavy objects onto walls and I have had no issues with any of the above.

Before I moved to my current home , I had a 65" Sony Bravia which weighed 40KG approx , fixed to a "dot and dab" wall with 4x Corefix. No issues.

Soldato
For a stud wall that is just plasterboard , I would recommend these ...
(I would also recommend getting the setting tool)

For a "dot and dab" wall , I would recommend getting these ...

I have fitted a number of heavy objects onto walls and I have had no issues with any of the above.

Before I moved to my current home , I had a 65" Sony Bravia which weighed 40KG approx , fixed to a "dot and dab" wall with 4x Corefix. No issues.

Very helpful thank you.

Associate
Does or did anyone have the Neo G9 and then game on a C242?

I have been thinking about it to gain some vertical real estate because I feel the Neo G9 is too narrow sometimes after 1 year of use. But I am unsure if I will regret it. Currently I think the Neo G9 has incredible HDR picture quality. I don't know if I will find the C2 to be too dimm. Wish I could try it.

Associate
Took delivery of the Sony 42 earlier and it has a dead pixel in the bottom third of the screen.

I can't cope with that - displays are such a ball ache!

Soldato
Took delivery of the Sony 42 earlier and it has a dead pixel in the bottom third of the screen.

I can't cope with that - displays are such a ball ache!
I've not checked mine and i'm not going to check, i can't see any jumping out at me so i'm leaving it at that as i don't want to switch it out.

Soldato
I've not checked mine and i'm not going to check, i can't see any jumping out at me so i'm leaving it at that as i don't want to switch it out.

Spoken like a true wise man.
I'm not saying people should accept screens that are sub-standard, far from it.
But if you do go hunting for stuck or dud pixels and you find one...

That you probably wouldn't have noticed unless you went hunting for it.. And once you've seen it.. It will be a psychological thorn in your side.

Soldato
Depends how OCD you are I guess.. I've a 'lazy' pixel on an older iilyama LCD screen and you really can't notice it unless you run tests to highlight it.

Once you've seen it, the brain keeps looking at it.
Just blank it out and don't worry. Or better still, don't even look too deeply in the first place.

Soldato
Depends how OCD you are I guess.. I've a 'lazy' pixel on an older iilyama LCD screen and you really can't notice it unless you run tests to highlight it.

Once you've seen it, the brain keeps looking at it.
Just blank it out and don't worry. Or better still, don't even look too deeply in the first place.

Agree with this. I mean I go a step further and I don't even look at the monitor. I just keep it switched off.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Firmware update v03.20.24 for all C2 / G2 models is now officially available.

General Info
webOS: 7.2.0-22 (Linux Kernel 5.4.96)
Firmware timestamp: August 9, 2022

The USB variant of the version can be downloaded here. LG's regional support sites will gradually make the version available.
The distribution via Network Software Update (NSU) takes place in stages, not every device may receive the update at the same time.

The official changelog corresponds to the push message that some TVs have already received and that I described here.

The following lists are unofficial and have no claim to completeness or correctness.
They also includes changes that were already introduced with v03.11.56 in some regions.

Changes / Bugfixes
  • Dolby Engine updated to v32.05.
  • Added Dolby Precision Rendering support. The option can be enabled in the supported picture modes.
  • Improved near black handling.
  • Optimized AirPlay audio delay.
  • Firmwares of the Audio DSP, Video Decoder and WiFi / Bluetooth modules updated.
  • Added support for additional models (LG Gaming TV / bendable screens).
  • New advertisement features added to the Home dashboard.
  • Max. AV1 bitrate support of the internal media server increased to 60Mbps.
  • "LG Channels" added as an input to the Home input row.
  • Room Connect app unlocked for several regions and feature enabled for Japan.
  • Improved voice recognition features.
  • Yandex Alice voice recognition support added for select countries.
  • List of pre-installed SSL certificates updated.
  • Bugfix: HDR picture modes didn't allow to set all values of the 22pt adjustments in the user settings menu.
  • Bugfix: Fixed invalid permission in the service menu to change the TV model.
  • Bugfix: Fixed Dolby Vision configuration of Cinema picture mode, which caused a too bright presentation.
  • Several minor bugfixes and improvements.

Unfixed
  • OLED Motion has no real effect when a 120Hz signal is present.
  • Incorrect image output when Dolby Vision verification mode is being used.
  • Incorrect image output of the iTPG in calibration mode.
  • Security vulnerability that allows privilege escalation via crash logs.

Props go to HifiVision over at AVS sister site, you can see his post here, should work on all LG C2s and G2s even, same firmware regardless of country even.

Soldato
Anyone recommend a wall mount monitor arm that’s strong enough to work with the 42” OLED?
Don’t want floppy tilt and height adjustment.
Thanks

Associate
I have been playing multiple games, especially racing in windowed 3840x1660 and the extra widescreen effect is fantastic and a all black windows background I forget it's windowed and it focuses the content. Keeps impressing me :)

Soldato
Finally got my audio set up how I like it..
This TV is seriously impressive.. But the menu and settings system seems a bit all over the shop.. And are sluggish for an alleged 4 core cpu lol.
But I guess that's an inherent issue with all smart TVs? So not really a dig at LG..

Soldato
Finally got my audio set up how I like it..
This TV is seriously impressive.. But the menu and settings system seems a bit all over the shop.. And are sluggish for an alleged 4 core cpu lol.
But I guess that's an inherent issue with all smart TVs? So not really a dig at LG..
Pretty much this. It's a quad core ARM CPU so think mobile phone, and not a flagship one. Most of the silicon is dedicated to image processing anyway, the UI over the top is a (relatively) basic implementation compared to the tech driving the display itself.

Back
Top Bottom