1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Vega, 13 Apr 2020.

1. R3X

Mobster

You could just run a headphone extension cable from the back of the CX, set the CX sound output to Audio out (line out) or wired headphones and tv speaker for both to use. Then simply attach your headphones to the headphone extension jack when you need or leave it always in if you wish.

If you want to prevent that dreadful headphone hiss then look a few post above I linked a device that cost just over a tenner from rainforest which should stop the hiss.

But sure if you have high end headphones and just want the best possible audio quality, it wont beat a dedicated headphone amp with optical input although good ones cost around £100-170. I think most will be more then happy with the above headphone extension lead and that isolator device.

2. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Cheers @R3X

I'm not getting audio hiss from the headphones, but might pick up the isolator just in case. :)

3. ntemples1

Wise Guy

I'm thinking I might upgrade my 30 monitor for one of these as I game but also watch s lot of films on my computer seems like the best option

4. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

Can someone give a bit of advise on settings, trying to run cold war at 2560x1440 - but it wont run full screen, just in a window (even when set to full screen) I alt enter to go full screen and it makes no difference, any advice? Same goes if i change to any resolution other than 4k on a variety of games.

Im using a radeon 6800xt

5. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Change Windows scaling to 100% (it's probably at 300%)

6. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

that makes a difference to screen size in game?

7. stooeh

Wise Guy

Well on Nvidia there's an option in the nv control panel to set scaling mode and it would produce an output like that when set to 'no scaling' - I'm not sure if AMD have a similar settings page somewhere?

8. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Yes, some games don't play well with Windows scaling.

9. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

That has fixed it, thanks!

10. jubei

Mobster

Any confirmed working stable 4k 120hz hdmi 2.1 cables please guys? Managed to bag a 3080 so need a 3m cable to replace my old hdmi lead

11. stooeh

Wise Guy

Using an Anker certified 'ultra high speed hdmi' cable without issue but its only 2m.

12. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088QMXTMV/

13. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Is anyone using this TV with a Freeview box? I'm interested in what picture settings you're using for e.g. BBC HD, Channel 4 HD etc.

14. jubei

Mobster

Cheers guys, i just clicked your link and it told me i last ordered it in nov lol. Must have got this when i bought my TV, i had looked back through amazon orders and seen a basics one but now i remember ordering one for my bloody work laptop :) Guess i'm set

15. SilverCider

Associate

How come you're using a separate freeview box, the TV has a tuner built in? If you plug in a USB HDD or just a memory stick you can record on it too.

16. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

BT TV, I just prefer it to the native tuner.

17. Spikey

Soldato

Just out of interest for nvidia users using the CX, I have VRR on in windows, in NV control panel what are the best settings for this? Vsync on or off? Do you set a max framerate etc?

18. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

19. AORUS

Hitman

I don't use my PC to watch movies or stream I turn it off, I watch all my streaming services with just the oled:D also I am not too picky on ppi on my 55CX the text is just fine for me so I wouldn't downgrade to 42inch again I had a 42inch before the CX so the 13inchs makes it that much better to game on and watch movies/stream IMO:)

Some members here have a 65inch:D

I have the headphone setup and never use a isolator:)

If you want an oled it's not the same as a PC monitor and there for you must change your content also hide the taskbar, icons, leave a black screen as wallpaper, etc:D to lower the risk of a burn-in unless you take out burn-in insurance for 5 years then your fine.

You can have two oleds on the wall one above the other/ side by side your choice 48inch for movies/stream and the smaller 42inch for gaming on job done:D But for me I don't have that much space so can only use one oled so I choose a 55CX in the end from a 42inch LCD having used the oled for sometime now so looking back to an LCD now is ugly:)

If I had the space I would choose a 77inch oled for movies/stream and 48CX for gaming IMO

Last edited: 5 Feb 2021
  20. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I turned VRR off on my tv, it was giving me massive frame drops, smooth sailing without it.