LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
do you know the defences on JL sale the BX is cheaper!

LG OLED55BX6LB - α7 Gen3 Processor 4K
LG OLED55CX6LA - α9 Gen3 Processor 4K Dark silver TV stand
LG OLED55CX5LB - α9 Gen3 Processor 4K silver colour TV stand
LG OLED55GX6LA - α9 Gen3 Processor 4K is designed to be wall-mounted

I only wanted the 48” model 55” would be to big for my desk

Associate
I only wanted the 48” model 55” would be to big for my desk

When I started looking at an LG OLED the first choice was a 48inch but when I seen it in a store it looked small not much bigger than my old LG 42inch that I had so I jumped to a CX 55inch, and it was cheaper than the 48inch. When I got my 55inch out of the box and put it on the desk at first time I thought maybe I made a big error in size and now after I got used too it now seen it every day it doesn't look that big to me, IMO when I told my gaming friends they said welcoming to family and they have -55 -65inch OLEDs I could not fit an 65inch on my desk and didn't have the space for one plus the cost of one was way over my budget for me. Anyway I got a nice big screen for now the LG OLED55CX6LA.:D

Most of us got LG OLED TV on this thread to game on so no matter 48/55 size:p

Last edited:
Associate
thick Plywood and four metal legs would do the tick on a budget, or best setup is just buy a TV cabinet and arm chair then make a tower case stand if you have the space:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I get your thoughts on a potential set up please?

I'm getting the CX in a few weeks. I'll be using it only for gaming and media content... for all other PC stuff (i.e. web, work, study etc) I'll be using a 27" Dell. I'm just not sure of the best way to set things up. I have a deep (~1m) desk and was thinking of wall mounting the CX, and then getting an ergonomic desktop mount for the Dell, to the left of the TV. That way I could have the 27 incher in portrait mode beside the LG when gaming, but then be able to pull the Dell into position in front of the TV when I need to get my productivity on.

The big problem with this is that any speakers would have to be positioned asymmetrically. I'm not sure I'd even have the space for speakers. Maybe a soundbar would be a better choice? What kind of layout would you go for in this instant?

Associate
Tempting. My current client has a 30% discount on RRT for employes from LG. I'd prefer a 40'', too bad they start at 48''.
Also worried about PWM, do these TVs have something like a DC dimming option?

Associate
Chaps just to clarify, if one were to order this now and it were to later go on sale (thinking about black friday), am I correct in assuming retailers like JL will refund the price difference as it's now within 28 days?

Associate
Just set this up on the swivel stand. Have never been this nervous setting up a TV, it's so delicate! :eek:

Will need to lower the height if it ends up going on a desk vs TV bench... def not looking forward to readjusting it!

Associate
Guys my 3070 is arriving later today and I am downloading the latest firmware 03.11.25 now (it doesn't come up when I try to update from the TV).

Have any of you successfully installed this firmware manually and it's working? Don't want to **** it up.

Cheers

Associate
Hmm... seem to have 2 dead pixels.

Running pixel refresher now to see if that helps but looks like it might be going back :(

Also feeling the 55" could definitely have fit! :D

Last edited:
Associate
My 48" turned up today and wow what a fantastic screen only playing at 60hz until new graphics cards are out, And AORUS yes the 48" doesnt look as big as i thought it would but its just right for me.

Associate
Guys anyone have experience using a floor tv stand like the FITUEYES Cantilever TV Stand for 27" - 55"

Im looking to get the LG 48CX version and need to get a floor stand and currently looking at the below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FITUEYES-U...ild=1&keywords=Fitueyes&qid=1604163863&sr=8-7

I've never used or heard of FITUEYES so are they reliable or is there better quality out there? I dont mind paying more for something that's actually reliable.

Associate
Guys anyone have experience using a floor tv stand like the FITUEYES Cantilever TV Stand for 27" - 55"

Im looking to get the LG 48CX version and need to get a floor stand and currently looking at the below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FITUEYES-U...ild=1&keywords=Fitueyes&qid=1604163863&sr=8-7

I've never used or heard of FITUEYES so are they reliable or is there better quality out there? I dont mind paying more for something that's actually reliable.

I think these el cheapo glass base stands are a bad idea, but other people use them successfully. I'd spend the extra and get a solid metal stand if you can.

Associate
I think these el cheapo glass base stands are a bad idea, but other people use them successfully. I'd spend the extra and get a solid metal stand if you can.

Yes I suppose when your paying so much for a tv, it's better safe than sorry and get the right stand.

Could anyone recommend a floor tv stand to use?

Back
Top Bottom