LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
We know all that mate. We are talking about the screen that comes out next year. I am only going by what Vincent at HDTV test is saying. I assume he knows more than you so :p I will be using it as a monitor so not sure what webos has anything to with anything. FYI I already have an OLED. I am just hoping the 42" is an improvement in tech over the 48" :)

Put away the attitude:( There will not be big improvements over previous OLED released every year as you might think and yes Vincent will know more I am not comparing with him only you:p If and when the LG C2 42inch Alpha 9 Gen 5 comes out it will have some minor tweets like improve picture quality enhances edges and textures, and stresses colour and clarity also will still be 120hz 2.1 for 30xx cards, if you came from a LG previous Alpha to Alpha 9 in 2018 then yes it was a big improvement for LG OLED CPU Generation.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Put away the attitude:( There will not be big improvements over previous OLED released every year as you might think and yes Vincent will know more I am not comparing with him only you:p If and when the LG C2 42inch Alpha 9 Gen 5 comes out it will have some minor tweets like improve picture quality enhances edges and textures, and stresses colour and clarity also will still be 120hz 2.1 for 30xx cards, if you came from a LG previous Alpha to Alpha 9 in 2018 then yes it was a big improvement for LG OLED CPU Generation.
Sorry about the attitude, did not mean for it to come off that way. I just felt like you did not read my post properly and then replied.

To be fair I am not talking about image quality or anything like that. I am talking about burn in and screen longevity. Again, this based on what Vincent said as I recall. What I remember him saying is something along the lines of instead of improving peak brightness, they may leave it the same and this will lead to better longevity and more resistance to screen burn. I never said anything about image quality (apart from text), hz, hdmi version etc :)

That is all I would be interested in anyway as the image quality is awesome as it is.

Associate
This is categorically the best “monitor” I have ever had, and it would not have thought of going for it had it not been for this thread, so thanks!

0cQjg8g

Associate
Sorry about the attitude, did not mean for it to come off that way. I just felt like you did not read my post properly and then replied. To be fair I am not talking about image quality or anything like that. I am talking about burn in and screen longevity. Again, this based on what Vincent said as I recall. What I remember him saying is something along the lines of instead of improving peak brightness, they may leave it the same and this will lead to better longevity and more resistance to screen burn. I never said anything about image quality (apart from text), hz, hdmi version etc :) That is all I would be interested in anyway as the image quality is awesome as it is.
:)Happy holidays:) Vincent knows what he talk about when it come to OLED I like his channel learn a lot, I hope next month news LG bring out the C2 42inch in March 22 for those who want it! If it comes. But OLED isn't perfect it still have fear of static Burn-in problems if only use as a work monitor and for some people spending 1.5k on a TV isn't worth it. When Samsung release their MicroLED TV sometime in the future it will push OLED out of the King title, micro-LED won't have OLED old problem with burn-in because MicroLED will be more stable than OLED because of its inorganic nature it will also be brighter too.

LG needs to update there Lan port 100Mbps 1995, should be 1000Mbps 20th century also I like to see the 240Hz HDMI @4k wish for thinking, you can get 240hz only in 1080p a waste of spend money on a 4/8K OLED TV and 8K only runs @60hz! A big joke when 2.0HDMI came out in 2013 it could run 120hz but then 2.1 came out in 2017 they cap it the same where was the logic in that? It should have been 240hz or do we have wait for 3.1/4.1 in the near future! And it took Nvidia ten years for RTX to happen?.

Last edited:
Associate
LG needs a serious competition. Is it because of their patented OLED techniques? Samsung could be their OLED competition but unfortunately I won't spend any penny because Samsung their quality-control is non-existent. See the G9/Neo series. And €2200!! And the chance is likely their QD-OLED will be priced very high and of course, the first gen will probably be full of issues... MicroLED is the future but they can't be 'micro' enough for 1440p 27" or 4K 32".

Soldato
LG needs a serious competition. Is it because of their patented OLED techniques? Samsung could be their OLED competition but unfortunately I won't spend any penny because Samsung their quality-control is non-existent. See the G9/Neo series. And €2200!! And the chance is likely their QD-OLED will be priced very high and of course, the first gen will probably be full of issues... MicroLED is the future but they can't be 'micro' enough for 1440p 27" or 4K 32".
- Samsung already did OLED and then backed out

- LG sell panels to 5+ other TV manufacturers in fact... All of them worth competing with. Why set up R+D when you can leave the risk to another company, buy their panels (with increased quality guarantees) and add your own markup?

Ultimately TV technology evolves, I think we've reached the golden era of OLED which means we'll start seeing something new soon. MicroLED is available in homes so I'm hoping to see it shrink and become cheaper before long.

Soldato
When Samsung release their MicroLED TV sometime in the future it will push OLED out of the King title

also I like to see the 240Hz HDMI @4k wish for thinking
I'm just afraid Samsung has put MicroLED on back burner with their hype of QD-OLED.
Which certainly still isn't free of burn in risks from high contrast static patterns, because of being based on same old fragile organic LED.
Blue OLEDs have even long had garbage for efficiency even in already lowish OLED scale.
Though maybe that's been now solved along with their worser than red or green OLED life time.
(or then blue is hardest for quantum dots)

HDMI 2.0 would need DSC to do 240Hz 4K at 8 bits colours:
Required bandwidth is ~55 Gb/s vs ~42,6 Gb/s provided by HDMI 2.0
10 bits colours would again need ~69 Gb/s, for which DSC might not be enough.
DisplayPort2.0's ~77 Gb/s bandwidth would be well enough.

That 240Hz would be indeed good thing to allow use of lower resolution rendering with scaling techs when needing highest fps.

Associate
While LG & Samsung are both pushing for competition, but didn't see there third arrival China coming into the OLED market this year with a Mi 55inch 4K OLED at 5,699 Yuan -£650.00 with 2.1HDMI @120hz, G-sync, Dolby vision, Smart TV but you can only buy it in China shame. Yes Samsung did back out of the OLED program in 2014 because they couldn't fix the blue pixel in OLED that have a shorter light span than others that cause burn-in so couldn't be solved in the short-term one influenced by technology and profits. MicroLED starts at 55-77inch

HDMI 2.0 would need DSC to do 240Hz 4K at 8 bits colours:
Required bandwidth is ~55 Gb/s vs ~42,6 Gb/s provided by HDMI 2.0
10 bits colours would again need ~69 Gb/s, for which DSC might not be enough.
DisplayPort2.0's ~77 Gb/s bandwidth would be well enough.

That 240Hz would be indeed good thing to allow use of lower resolution rendering with scaling techs when needing highest fps.
I wasn't talk about 2.0HDMI I was taking about 2.1HDMI been the same 120hz cap:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom