LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
If that's really the 42C2, then I would be disappointed big time because screw that stance. I hope it's the 42A2. The 48A1 got the crappy stance too.
The 3 photos are 42", 55" and 65" C2 according to the text.

Edit: derp, what I mean is that 42" is a new size so they have likely designed a new stand. Which is what is in the photo.

Associate
Associate
Exactly, this is the implication. Although those are very basic feet, I wonder if they're a generic component as the final design hasn't been manufactured yet
Let's hope that stand is for the A2 or B2 otherwise LG can go **** themself if that stand is for 42C2 too. Yeah, sorry for this kind of reply but we already have a LG tv with that kind of stand and it's ****** stupid. The stand like for C1 series is just fine. I wonder too (and I hope) that's not the final design because it looks cheap, way too cheap and hideous.

Associate
Odd my reply did not show in my post.
I have had problems with Netflix crashing but turning the tv off and unplugging it for a few seconds seems to sort it, thought it was my wi fi but could be down to the last update
Thanks for the info:) I was watching Army of the Dead it was freezing and crashing back to home page 5 times, I reload Netflix app also turn off the TV at mains and held the power button. then turn it back on hope it fixed my problem!

Yep. I would prefer 32” but 42” fits perfectly fine on my desk and all I have to do is put it a little further away.
You don't want to sit too close to an OLED like a LCD imo

Last edited:
Associate
Out of curiosity, can you tell more about it?
When I got my 55CX OLED in 2020 I sit 6/7ft away with HDR on/off without headache imo because it was much clearer, sharper, with the best IQ @4K that I have seen compare to my old LCD 4K, 42inch the ideal distance is seeing the whole screen without adjusting my eyes or turning my head of cause if you want to sit face close up that's your choice. It was debated on Reddit/Avforums.

Distance Calculator
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

How comes? Many others have been for a few years now, not heard of any issues.
Did I say it was an issue! What I said was 'IMO' and yes it was debated here too but on a 48inch OLED

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Did I say it was an issue! What I said was 'IMO' and yes it was debated here too but on a 48inch OLED
What else is what you said meant to be if not an issue? I don't get it to be honest. You say stuff, then when called to explain you get upset :cry:

You said you don't want to sit too close to an OLED like a LCD. So what's the difference between OLED and LCD at same size screen that creates the issue is all I am asking. Simples.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

There are rumours of the new C2 model, and the size being 42" !!!!!

I always liked the idea of using the tv as a monitor, but even 48 seems far too big, however 42 might be an excellent size! Should be fair bit cheaper too, at least RRP.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
There are rumours of the new C2 model, and the size being 42" !!!!!

I always liked the idea of using the tv as a monitor, but even 48 seems far too big, however 42 might be an excellent size!
Should be fair bit cheaper too, at least RRP.

This was the contentious issue that normally makes sense (smaller display should equal cheaper to make/charge) but not necessarily so as it will be new and likely cost same as 48" unless on 'specials'.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

This was the contentious issue that normally makes sense (smaller display should equal cheaper to make/charge) but not necessarily so as it will be new and likely cost same as 48" unless on 'specials'.

Really hope you're wrong, but we shall see within the next few days

Back
Top Bottom