LG 65CX or ?

Soldato
My B7 has burn in on the bottom left from playing too much Apex... the health bar angled bracket bit on the far left shows up on a solid coloured test background.

Image retention is more annoying than burn in... but yes, actual burn in is definitely an issue with OLED.

Caporegime
My B7 has burn in on the bottom left from playing too much Apex... the health bar angled bracket bit on the far left shows up on a solid coloured test background.

Image retention is more annoying than burn in... but yes, actual burn in is definitely an issue with OLED.

I'm glad I bought the xf90 for gaming a couple of years back. I was going to go oled but yeah burn in for a TV that was going to be used console only with zero movies or TV use was likely going to drive me mad.

I was prepared to take a drop in picture quality coming from a plasma with retention issues.

I am going to get an oled though likely Jan/Feb 2022 and get the John Lewis upgraded warranty. That way if it does happen I get a new TV. I'm hoping that the 2021 models are better and fixed the initial hdmi 2.1 issues.

Soldato
All this burn in malarkey reminds me of the daily anxiety I faced when I bought my Kuro 6090, I went mental at anybody even thinking about hitting pause... that said its had so much abuse over the years, mainly due to me falling asleep in front of it and screen burn has never been an issue, yet it was all the rage when I bought it.

Caporegime
All this burn in malarkey reminds me of the daily anxiety I faced when I bought my Kuro 6090, I went mental at anybody even thinking about hitting pause... that said its had so much abuse over the years, mainly due to me falling asleep in front of it and screen burn has never been an issue, yet it was all the rage when I bought it.

How does falling asleep cause a static image?

We had burn in on a plasma top tier several generations after yours. One of the last generations before it died.

Soldato
My 7 year old 1080p 50" TV just died so am in a bit of a predicament. Buy now and possibly miss some features (looking at you Sony XH90 with 4k blur @120hz) or wait 5 months or so and pay significantly more whilst perhaps still not seeing what I need. Currently have a 24" monitor as my main TV. Not sure I can hold out that long!

Soldato
OP
Well thanks for the replies everyone... I've come to the decision that there's no point worrying about potential screen burn, if it happens it happens.

It's arriving Monday :)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Lol at the disinformation in this thread about burn-in...

Had a B6 for 4 years, now just upgraded to a CX. Both have exactly the same screen saver and it's intelligent enough to know when to activate it.

If your missus is a dumb couch potato and manages to find a way around that, then buy burn-in protection from JL for piece of mind. 95% of normal people won't need it.

Associate
I'm hoping to upgrade my 2015 lg47lb730 which is a 1080p led, loved it but now i need the switch to 4k especially switching soon to a ps5. i've seen the 65" cx is now £2000 the alternative is my friend said i can buy his Philips 55" oled803 which he got about 3 months ago wants about £900 for it (in 3 instalments) thoughts ?

Soldato
Lol at the disinformation in this thread about burn-in...

Had a B6 for 4 years, now just upgraded to a CX. Both have exactly the same screen saver and it's intelligent enough to know when to activate it.

If your missus is a dumb couch potato and manages to find a way around that, then buy burn-in protection from JL for piece of mind. 95% of normal people won't need it.

What disinformation? You know the screensaver doesn't work for external sources right?

Caporegime
I'm hoping to upgrade my 2015 lg47lb730 which is a 1080p led, loved it but now i need the switch to 4k especially switching soon to a ps5. i've seen the 65" cx is now £2000 the alternative is my friend said i can buy his Philips 55" oled803 which he got about 3 months ago wants about £900 for it (in 3 instalments) thoughts ?

That's a ridiculous price for a second hand oled especially a Phillips. Don't care if it's only 3 months old.

I'm sure you can get a Phillips oled brand new for around £900.

It's worth £600 at best especially if he's a mate.

Just did a search and yeah Phillips oled with 10 movies was available from Costco for £999. So I'd argue that's £899 without the 10 movies brand new.

Back
Top Bottom