1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by elpedro, Mar 18, 2009.

1. mrgee

Associate

can someone tell me how the hell to add and delete a favourite channel on this tv . ive downloaded the manual but i cant see anywhere how to add or delete a favourite ?
    thanks

2. jedi101

Associate

mrgee, I can’t help as I have returned my LG227, but I recall favourites did work well. As per my earlier posts, I could not get a viewable picture on freeview. It was the only freeview TV of 5 we tried at my and my neighbour’s home that could not cope with freeview. Still not sure if I had a faulty model as other people only seem to use this device as a monitor, so likewise, good luck for an answer to your question!

3. as905

Hitman

my PS3 looks & runs amazingly well through hdmi on my LG M227WD,much better than my Dell 24" sw2409 or my 37" (hdmi ready tv).

best monitor for hdmi consoles & for Wii & ps2. ;)

4. pioneer2000

Soldato

Could someone please tell me how wide the base is? Thanks!

5. elpedro

Wise Guy

By base you mean the stand right? It's 10.5 inches wide

6. pioneer2000

Soldato

Yeah- cheers for that! Typically tho i've just read about the issue with hdmi for pc.... so that might make me look elsewhere. Not the end of the world i admit but annoying.

7. elpedro

Wise Guy

I admit it was disappointing receiving the set, having been using HDMI on an older, less equipped LG set, only to find the picture was off. Anyway, using DVI now which is crystal clear, hasn't affected me.

8. deltaluca

Associate

My graphics card has a VGA,HDMI and DVI output on the back, and i'm connecting two of these together as dual monitors (Which is quite impressive with a total resolution of 3840*1080)

Atm, i'm using the VGA cables that came with the monitor and a DVI-VGA adapator i had to connect both VGA cables to the graphics card.

I'm aware that I will get superior quality using the DVI input on monitor, and I can easily use one of the DVI outputs to do DVI-DVI on one of the monitors.

Would i get the same quality using the HDMI output on graphics card, with a HDMI-DVI adaptor to also use the DVI input on the other monitor? Reading the comments on this thread I've noticed many people saying that using HDMI input on monitor for PC is inferior to the DVI input for PC. Will I get the same quality doing HDMI-DVI as simply DVI-DVI?

9. elpedro

Wise Guy

Providing the connection into both TVs were DVI, then it doesn't matter which adapter you're using. I'm connected via HDMI from the graphics card, to DVI in the TV ;)

10. deltaluca

Associate

11. ShaolinDreams

Mobster

i see from one of the above screenshots that the freeview tv picture is 4:3 aspect ratio, possible to set to 16:9 or 16:1O?

also confirm that PC via DVI and PS3 via HDMI looks spot on?

really need a decent multifunctional screen(tv) this is looking like the best contender

thanks

12. Addicted

Mobster

i have just ordered one of these to become my new primary display, and have my LG 227WTQ as the secondary display!
    what a good monitor, cant wait to get it on tuesday :)

13. Conscept

Banned

Yeah I have this already might buy another :D

14. elpedro

Wise Guy

Aspect can be set to "Original", 4:3, 16:9, 14:9, Zoom1, Zoom 2 and "Just Scan"

PC via DVI is perfect

Gaming/movie playback via HDMI is perfect

15. 86JR

PermaBanned

What model number is the 27" version, i can only find a 22" version ?

16. EdGey

Sgarrista

brilliant, thanks for the review.

pretty much made up my mind.

17. elpedro

Wise Guy

Awesome sauce, I see its getting good reviews on the product page too. I fail to see how some people were unhappy with this display!

18. ShaolinDreams

Mobster

using vga most probably :p

thanks for the responding, think ive made my mind up too :)

19. MoRT489

Soldato

Still only using it as a TV and loving the picture and TV guide :)

20. PNE

Associate

Thinking of getting this monitor/tv, but my only problem is the audio. I have a 7.1 speaker set (Creative T7900) and am wondering if there is a way for me to be able to use the speakers with an Xbox 360 and PC, as well as producing sound if I was to switch to the TV tuner, at the same time?

I am pretty retarded when it comes to audio, so if there is a solution, could you please explain it in simple terms that a 5-year-old may understand? Thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009