LG G1 OLED 2021, now in 42 inch size

Soldato
No 42” TV has been announced, LG display don’t just make panels for TV’s they make 31.5” panels too but that doesn’t mean we are getting a TV in that size.

42” is more likely to be a monitor.
Whilst no announcement's been made yet, I would be very surprised if it isn't a TV. 42" monitors aren't going to be anywhere near as popular as a 42" TV, only a few high end PC gamers are going to try and perch a massive 42" on the end of their desk whereas there's been a gap in the mass market for people who want a high end TV without their living room being taken over by the eye of Sauron.

Associate
I cant see the market for a 42" TV that is well north of £1000 being very big either TBH.
I have a very small lounge and currently have a 42" which just about fits in the corner next to the chimney breast. I would love to try OLED/HDR, but >55" is just too big. 48" is a squeeze, so this size is prefect for me.
My fire place is huge, so wall mounting would result in uncomfortable viewing.
This will have a TV market, but the gaming aspect as a monitor will likely be the biggest draw.

Soldato
You'd pay 1500 for the 42, what if the 55" was cheaper?
Yes I would. The size of it is the issue for me, not the price particularly. A 55" could be £4.59 but that means nothing as I can't fit one of those in my living room. If it's made in smaller numbers due to the mother glass blah blah then I would rather have it at the price premium than not. I'll keep it for 5+years and use it every day so although it's annoying to pay extra I'll do it so I can have an OLED that fits and I'll have 120hz, VRR etc for the Series X.

Back
Top Bottom