****LG G6****

Soldato
OP
Bagged one of these from Ebay for £370. What a great phone it is! Build quality is superb. Can't believe the size of it either. Smaller than the OP3 that I replaced.
I do wish LG would stop putting their horrible skin on Android. Had to put a custom ROM on this phone.

Soldato
What's battery life like with regular use?
It's decent enough but not like the Lenovo P2. I guess it depends where you are coming from. I had a two + year Sony Z3 which was struggling to get through the day and would burn through its last 20% in seconds! The G6 will last 2 days with light use. I was all day in London at the World Athletics taking a lot of photos, using Whatsapp and still got home with 30%. Like all phones its situational and heavily dependent on background running apps and cell signal strength. Having lived a little longer with the phone I am still very impress. The camera is stonking.

Soldato
It's decent enough but not like the Lenovo P2. I guess it depends where you are coming from. I had a two + year Sony Z3 which was struggling to get through the day and would burn through its last 20% in seconds! The G6 will last 2 days with light use. I was all day in London at the World Athletics taking a lot of photos, using Whatsapp and still got home with 30%. Like all phones its situational and heavily dependent on background running apps and cell signal strength. Having lived a little longer with the phone I am still very impress. The camera is stonking.

My requirements are:
Camera quality
Battery life (needs to last 1day+ with fair to regular use)
Screen casting
Budget up to £300

The G6 seems to be the sweet spot now at this price. I'm coming from a redmi note 3 and the battery on that has been great but the camera sucks. I'm tempted by the Lenovo but I feel I'll be similarly disappointed with the camera

Soldato
Yeah I've gone back to SwiftKey. It really is just... Swift

As for the phone, I'm liking features like the smart setting where I can set the WiFi to turn off, the Bluetooth to come on and the mobile data to switch on when I leave home. Perfect for commuting to work and automatically connecting to the car.

Face unlock is a little slow. I'd be surprised if it replaced a simple fingerprint scan or pin pass.

Associate
Thinking of picking up a G6 at the end of the week with Wife discount can get one for under £500, along with a free smartwatch aswell seems a decent deal for the UK model.

BUT I've seen a good few posts about the camera glass scratching really easy is this still a problem or was it just the early batch that suffered this?

Soldato
Whats the battery life on these like?
That all depends on what you do with the phone. I just checked mine and its 31 hours since last charge to 100% and I am still on 37%. I've done a bit of texting, takens a few photos, couple of short calls, browsing and listened to some podcasts for an hour. Screen time says 5%
Compared to my 2 year old Z3 its wonderful and certainly no issue getting through a day.

Back
Top Bottom