****LG G6****

Associate
Having removable batteries shouldn't be an issue, have you lot heard of Anker? :D

Anker didnt produce anything for the g5 from what i can see. Only powerbear have produced a battery extender for it so why would anker produce something for the G6?

Associate
I take my phone out kayaking so it's lovely to have. And I'm guessing for manufacturers it does encourage you to upgrade as battery starts to fade. If possible removable would be ideal. But I'd choose waterproof.

And Quick charge is the best thing in quite some time.

Internal battery may be 3000+. In fact I'd want ideally 3500 =
And I'd happily sacrifice 2mm and weight for 4000
Let's not forget the Galaxy S5 had removable battery AND waterproofing. Just the usb port wasn't waterproofed at the time as they went the silly usb 3 extra wide port...

Suspended
Disagree. I really don't get the SoC being the latest requirement. The efficiency helps. But not speed

Of course it matters, nobody in their right mind is going to spend money on a phone with last generation hardware that has to last them for two years.

Soldato
I think most people only see the new phone and have no clue which cpu is in it.

True but consumers do notice battery life, "snappiness", image capture/processing performance, hardware video playback capability etc etc

Pedant\ with phones it's really better to say SOC (system on chip). There is a lot more than the CPU on these chips

Soldato
Of course it matters, nobody in their right mind is going to spend money on a phone with last generation hardware that has to last them for two years.

There was a poll on what of the phone sites which stated if people cared if the G6 had a SD821.

It had a good few thousand votes and it was roughly 50/50.

Soldato
There's a lot to be said for the Software optimisation of the SoC too.

Call me a naive Pixel owner :p but I would bet a fair chunk that the Pixel with it's 821 will still be snappier and more responsive than any other flagship in 2017 with an 835 once the respective manufacturers plaster their UI all over Android.

And to echo a comment further up, LG's software isn't great. I've owned LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC and now Pixel and LG always stood out as the worst for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There's a lot to be said for the Software optimisation of the SoC too.

Call me a naive Pixel owner :p but I would bet a fair chunk that the Pixel with it's 821 will still be snappier and more responsive than any other flagship in 2017 with an 835 once the respective manufacturers plaster their UI all over Android.

And to echo a comment further up, LG's software isn't great. I've owned LG, Sony, Samsung, HTC and now Pixel and LG always stood out as the worst for me.

I honestly wish manufacturers would just keep it stock Android and add a few useful features like OP or Motorola do. There's no need for a skin now as Stock Android is great.

Caporegime
I never found my one plus one slow (it was a dire phone)
My s7E had never had an issue where I've gone 'damn you cpu'

Could not tell you which cpu it had

Ram, screen tech, storage, quick charge and camera and battery are most important.
I know SoC makes a difference but I don't think myself or masters vs screen on time for example.

I would bet if I asked 90pc of people would you have bought your s7edge if it had a two year old soc they still would

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I feel the G6 is pretty much doomed from day one for several reasons. Shame, this could be their best phone yet, big battery, IPX rated, wireless charging (although fast Qi? who knows...).

Soldato
OP
Apparently this is the back of the phone
phpqx9l8e_zpsl12lp5ne.jpg

Looks a bit ugly from the photo.

Suspended
There was a poll on what of the phone sites which stated if people cared if the G6 had a SD821.

It had a good few thousand votes and it was roughly 50/50.

A large potion of them were probably LG fanboys or Samsung haters.

You can't rely on online polls, they don't work.

People read reviews, even if they're not enthusiasts they probably know somebody who is and will ask them for advice, would you recommend the LG G6? I know I wouldn't, two years is a long time to be using outdated hardware.

The rear fingerprint scanner itself will put off a lot of people, that only works if you put your phone screen side down which goes against common sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ebilcake;30479426 said:
that only works if you put your phone screen side down which goes against common sense.

Not at all. I've had a 6P for over a year and think the rear fingerprint scanner is in the perfect place. It's right where I put one of my fingers when I'm holding my phone.

Soldato
ebilcake;30479426 said:
The rear fingerprint scanner itself will put off a lot of people, that only works if you put your phone screen side down which goes against common sense.

Only if you're a couch potato. ;)

For those who stick it in their pocket when they're out and about it's far better, as your finger already has it unlocked by the time it's out of your pocket.

Horses for courses and all that. Both have benefits and it wouldn't bother me if it's on the front or on the back (as in my 6P too).

Back
Top Bottom