****LG G6****

Soldato
The Pixel is £599 and the Pixel XL is £719 both 32GB so really not far off.
Pixel's overpriced but at least you get the best of Android and arguably the best phone camera. At the time of launch it also had the best SoC available, plus screen is quite good.
I had LG phone and tablet. You'd be lucky to get 1 major update during lifetime of the phone.
anyway...if I wanted to burn 700 quid, it would be on S8, not this. Even 499 is too much for G6 in my view. 450 tops.

Soldato
Why is everyone so shocked at the price? How much is the Google Pixel and the forthcoming Samsung S8?
because when the pixel launched it was top spec and the S8 will also deliver far higher spec than the G6. Its a £500 phone with a £700 price tag hence the shock...

Soldato
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the S8 wasn't over £800.

The G6's price will drop like a stone, as usual, and the only question is how long it takes to make it a reasonable choice. I was looking forward to it, and may still get one, but I think I'll look elsewhere as long as it stays over £500.

Soldato
Nice stoosh. How are you getting on with the 3T? Better or worse than you expected?

It's a decent phone kona. An all-rounder and it does basically everything without a minimum of fuss. It's much better than I expected and OnePlus support has come a long way since they first started. I like the device.

Have you still got your OP3? I read that your Nexus 6 is still going strong and is your daily driver. Great device that...

Soldato
Good to hear. I still have my OP3, great build + design + OS and support.

Yeah still using my Nexus 6 as my daily, looking for a replacement this year, possibly S8/OP5.

Soldato
Yes you've summed up the OP3 very nicely there.

The S8/OP5 are both decent choices. I don't know about you but it all comes down to cost and flagship devices these days cost a fair bit of money. I'd think twice before shelling out for one as there are alternative devices at reasonable prices.

I think that's where LG got it wrong with the pricing of the G6. Had it been around £499-,£550 it would have stood a chance against 2017 devices.

Soldato
I agree the cost is a major issue. I keep my phones for a while and use it all the time so it's something I don't mind investing in.

I agree with your pricing for the G6. No more than £550.

Soldato
I must admit that I'm liking the look of this phone. Every review I've seen says that it's great. I'm just going to wait on the OP5 first.

Agreed, the reviews have been encouraging so far.

What really disappoints me however is the sheer lack of noise coming out from LG over the UK release. I mean the US know they will be getting a Google Home as part of their promo and it's available for pre order but over here we don't know so much.

It kind of makes me wonder if they are waiting for the S8 Europe details to come out and then they'll release their European launch details especially if they can undercut/offer something attractive alongside the device.

Back
Top Bottom