****LG G6****

Soldato
apple isn't known for their camera's

Really? I think even less of what you know of mobiles now I'm afraid.

You seem to be of the opinion that Samsung actually define what is needed in a phone? As I said, and shown, I've researched what people want in a phone and health apps/heart rate sensor didn't even register. I'll try and remember to include it in my next survey and we will know for sure.

Associate
Hope this comes out at a good price point, kind of leaves a bitter taste that UK version is offering less hardware wise.

I think LG should have tried to release it a good amount of time before the S8 was announced.

I'll consider it. Huawei P10 is a bit high priced, S8 fingerprint scanner placement sounds poor and it is very high priced, G6 probably going to be a bit expensive. Tough choice! Cost I'm fine with, but it needs to tick all the boxes.

In regards to cameras on smartphones... Very important and popular. People want great quality without having to carry around an actual camera. IMO dual camera setups will be important, especially those that offer portrait modes for the photogenic among us. Personally I'm attracted to the wide lens as I like taking pictures of places/attractions.

In terms of health things like heart rate sensors... Anyone I know that's interested in one has a wrist strap. I've come across a lot of people that didn't even know their phones had heart rate sensors. Heart rate monitoring is useful for exercise, in which case trying to use it whilst doing so wouldn't be slick. Also for those with health conditions, in which case they should not be relying on a phone sensor.

Associate
No-schizo

Show me the evidence that dual cameras are important. There isn't any.

I've not suggest anything about the health benefits of Samsung phones other than they believe it to be important for their phones to interact with health apps and other tech. They want part of the booming health industry.

Show me the study about dual cameras

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I have shown you research on what people want from a phone, heart rate monitor is not on people's radar. A good camera with features is. One feature is being able to fit more into the picture.

What have you shown other than a lack of knowledge? Two or three people in this thread are agree with us about cameras... you seem to be on your own. Ignore list gets one bigger.

Associate
After seeing all the new phones including G6, I really put off by the price.

I am now going to get a LG v20 instead because don't to pay over £500 for a phone.

Soldato
I'm still interested in this, but it's going to have to drop below £500 for me to consider it - and frankly with a SD821 it bloody well should have come in at sub-£500. I'm not paying that much for a phone when there are perfectly acceptable phones hovering around the £200 mark. I'd rather take a hit on the camera and have a Lenovo P2 or Moto G Plus than pay £500+ for a phone.

I'm going to wait to see what the OnePlus 5 is looking like, and it's price, before I choose. If the LG has dropped by a couple of hundred by then then I'll weigh it up too, but not as things stand.

Soldato
OP
Yeah sim free price, many will opt to buy the S8 for a few quid more

If it really is £650 then you may as well pay the extra £40 and get the S8 which is a much better phone.
I think the price is going to be high as LG have still not given us an official price for the UK and the phone is out in a few weeks.

Soldato
If it really is £650 then you may as well pay the extra £40 and get the S8 which is a much better phone.
I think the price is going to be high as LG have still not given us an official price for the UK and the phone is out in a few weeks.

It is pretty much official at this point as Argos are now listing it for pre order at £649 now also.

Really disappointed I really see no reason to go for this over the S8.

Associate
This phone looks nice but after my G4 suffering from the boot loop issue I could never recommend buying an LG phone. They're customer service was absolutely woeful, they kept on fobbing me off every time I called. I don't have the time to repeatedly chase them up and still get nowhere. I get that they were probably a bit overwhelmed with the issue but still... Luckily I had bought the phone through amazon who thankfully gave me a refund 10 months since purchase.

£650 for this knowing that I will have to put up with that if something goes wrong, no thank you. Maybe I got unlucky with which customer service reps I got put with, did anyone else have the boot loop issue and went through a similar ordeal?

Back
Top Bottom