LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Soldato
Got the TV today and mounted, loving the thing so far. Had C2 for a bit and knew largely what I was getting, G2 is the best of C2 + some with the better brightness. For gaming, outside the QD-OLED stuff its pretty much one of the best you can get, been playing a bunch of games on it to try it and its been a blast. One issue I had with C9 is ATMOS passthrough did not work period and normal Audio chopped in and out 10% of the time which required restarting a game / PC to sort things out, may have just been my sample, but largely gone here.

Is a heavy beast, unlike the C2 range, seems they decided to keep them heavy nearly doubly the C2 in 77" version which I initially looked at to get a weight estimate.

gR94oKv.jpg

Soldato
Got the TV today and mounted, loving the thing so far. Had C2 for a bit and knew largely what I was getting, G2 is the best of C2 + some with the better brightness. For gaming, outside the QD-OLED stuff its pretty much one of the best you can get, been playing a bunch of games on it to try it and its been a blast. One issue I had with C9 is ATMOS passthrough did not work period and normal Audio chopped in and out 10% of the time which required restarting a game / PC to sort things out, may have just been my sample, but largely gone here.

Is a heavy beast, unlike the C2 range, seems they decided to keep them heavy nearly doubly the C2 in 77" version which I initially looked at to get a weight estimate.

gR94oKv.jpg
Does look smart.

Soldato
Thanks, happy with it so far. Not unexpected as a whole as had baby C2 as a monitor for a few months, this is just mostly supersized. Some nice tweaks over C9 I have, size is biggest change, although used to it now wondering about the 83" :cry:

But yeah doing without the sound quirkiness I had is the best bit for me so far.

Soldato
Are the speakers the same shad of cream/white as your stand as well? If so bet that took some doing.

It is all similar colour, gloss white, but honestly not too hard to do, with speakers coming about 4 or so years after the stand. Gloss white is not too hard to get furniture wise and speaker wise, Love the Tannoy sound and the speakers were end of line before the engineers broke off to become Fyne Audio so got them very solid price and were in gloss white so win win.

Associate
I'm incredibly frustrated with the customer service from LG store. I've never experienced such terrible customer service from any retailer, in terms of helpfulness, response times and impersonal behaviour.

This experience distils in to one simple request.

Order for 77" LG C2 placed, taking advantage of the 5% welcome voucher and June members discount voucher.

Last week LG then added a further 10% discount code which stacked as of Thursday last week.

It's taken more than a week for them to cancel my existing order - and still not complete yet. Bearing in mind the members discount voucher expires today.

As of today, the 10% discount code no longer stacks with the member discount - it is now only either/or. Combined it meant a further £350 reduction.

Right now I have a quandary - commit to the TV today before the June member discount expires or take the risk and hope a SIMILAR or BETTER discount takes its place.

Its £2939 best price on LG currently. If I had taken the advantage on Thursday when the codes did stack I could have had it for £2589. I didn't commit as didn't feel comfortable not having confirmation of the prior order being cancelled.

What do I do guys?

Soldato
My C2 has just been collected for return after bitting the bullet and deciding to upgrade from my C9. I was really disappointed with the C2 if I’m honest maybe I was expecting too much but it was no real improvement over my C9 and in some ways it was worse. I think I have been lucky with the C9 and got a good one which probably helps somewhat.

Im going to hang on for a couple more years I think and see what comes about although I’m thinking maybe I just had a bad C2 as I really don’t agree with most of the reviews based on my example.

Soldato
My C2 has just been collected for return after bitting the bullet and deciding to upgrade from my C9. I was really disappointed with the C2 if I’m honest maybe I was expecting too much but it was no real improvement over my C9 and in some ways it was worse. I think I have been lucky with the C9 and got a good one which probably helps somewhat.

Im going to hang on for a couple more years I think and see what comes about although I’m thinking maybe I just had a bad C2 as I really don’t agree with most of the reviews based on my example.
Wow you can't have had it long, although isn't there an unwritten rule where if its going to fail its most likely when it's either really new or really old but not in the middle?

Soldato
Wow you can't have had it long, although isn't there an unwritten rule where if its going to fail its most likely when it's either really new or really old but not in the middle?

Only a few days I’m not sure if there was anything really wrong with it more just underwhelmed compared to my C9. It just did not offer much of an upgrade. I spent two days running them side by side in every situation possible. It was better in some ways but not enough that it was a worthwhile upgrade. Tbh if anything it just made me more happy with my C9.

Soldato

I wrote on different forum, but position is largely the same as I too had the C9 to other users.

The C9 to C2 upgrade is NOT worth it. The C9 is still an exceptional TV. The C2 does have some improvements however but may not be noticeable unless your really looking for it. Only reason I would jump is your looking to upgrade in size or something. G2 is a bit better of an upgrade given the brightness levels it can hit in content which is noticeable I found vs the C9, but even then not worth the jump in most cases unless you got exceptional pricing.

In my case C2 I got was the baby one and G2 in bigger form then my C9 + exceptional pricing. Outside of that, the C9 would still be hanging on my wall and have told my parents who I gave C9 too, to go get there own TV :cry:

Soldato
Mine was the same size 65” I wouldn’t want any bigger for my needs. I imagine if it had been bigger it might of then had more wow factor I found this going from 55” to 65” size was impressive.

I think I’m going to stick with the C9 until something a bit more of an upgrade comes along. The QD OLED’s look good so hopefully LG will do something with these as I would never buy Samsung again and refuse to pay the Sony tax….lol

Soldato
Iv'e recently taken delivery of a C2 42 inch... it's pretty sick....but my outgoing tv was a 1080p bog standard LED 37 inch, so it was always bound to be a big bump in spec/visuals. The sound is also suprisingly good for such a thin pannel, although I think I'm going to hook it up to my amp and 2.0 floorstanders and just run it in stereo, or possibly 2.1 with my ten inch sub, (as impressive as the dolby atmos or whatever it's called), it just doesn't have the bass or depth of sound. That's not really a criticism though, you can only do so much the audio in such a slim line cabinate.

Probably not worth the upgrade if you arleady have a decent OLED screen though. my philosopy is a tv or monitor should last 10 years or more, anything in-betweeen is always going to be a very incremental upgrade assuming you bought something half decent in the first place?

Soldato
my god the input lag is like something out of the 90's though, when connected to a PC with a BT xbox control pad.

Is it becase its HDMI rather than DP? the input lag is seriously bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad to hear the C9 still holds it own as I think it's still fantastic. TV Tech usually takes strides every 5 years. My last TV was Samsung F8000.

See you in 2024

Soldato
my god the input lag is like something out of the 90's though, when connected to a PC with a BT xbox control pad.

Is it becase its HDMI rather than DP? the input lag is seriously bad.

Nothing to do with hdmi Vs DP. Using two (c2 and G2) from this gen for gaming and lightning fast as expected in response times and inline with prior gens with Xbox controller pretty much 80% of the time.

Would recommend game mode for gaming as mentioned above. Also possibly try not connecting via Bluetooth, I have always found it pretty garbage and added input lag for me with Bluetooth mode Vs wireless adaptor with the xbox controller and it sometimes cuts in and out.

That said there was an issue for retro gaming if you use 4:3 (retro gaming) which added input lag. If that is not fixed and your doing retro gaming could be the issue your seeing.

Back
Top Bottom