LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Associate
Hello, can someone tell me the difference between the OLED65C24LA vs OLED65C26LD?

I had a look and it appears one has a heavier stand I can't see any other difference (https://www.lg.com/uk/compare?bizType=B2C)

Presumably, they are both the same actual TV and it's just a difference in stands but I've not paid any attention to TVs in 5 years so perhaps I am missing something.

Looking to replace my OLED55E6P (2016 model).

Many thanks.

Soldato
Hello, can someone tell me the difference between the OLED65C24LA vs OLED65C26LD?

I had a look and it appears one has a heavier stand I can't see any other difference (https://www.lg.com/uk/compare?bizType=B2C)

Presumably, they are both the same actual TV and it's just a difference in stands but I've not paid any attention to TVs in 5 years so perhaps I am missing something.

Looking to replace my OLED55E6P (2016 model).

Many thanks.

Primarily the rear cover also, LD is white, LA is black rear which is a non-issue really. Usually one is also exclusive to wholesalers hence they also differentiate the code. Outside of that will be similar.

Soldato
LD is white, LA is black rear which is a non-issue really.

Actually, i don't entirely agree with that view. If the panel is going to be wall mounted, then yes, you are right. However, if the panel is going to be stand mounted in front of a window that has full sun on it for a large part of the day, then defo the white back would be the best choice.
Much more likely to reflect more of the sun's heat than a black panel.
LG in particular use the extra heatsink on the 2022 G panels to help the screens brightness. Funny thing is though all the G panels have a black back....................but are only available with wall mounts as standard.........................i use my G2 77inch stand mounted in front of a window. I also leave the curtains closed all day while i'm at work. The reason you may ask ? because i know full well that the sun will negate that heatsink and make it useless after i get home and start watching tv.
So, black if you are wall mounting, white if you are stand mounting.

Soldato
Actually, i don't entirely agree with that view. If the panel is going to be wall mounted, then yes, you are right. However, if the panel is going to be stand mounted in front of a window that has full sun on it for a large part of the day, then defo the white back would be the best choice.
LG in particular use the extra heatsink on the 2022 G panels to help the screens brightness. Funny thing is though all the G panels have a black back....................but are only available with wall mounts as standard.........................i use my G2 77inch stand mounted in front of a window. I also leave the curtains closed all day while i'm at work. The reason you may ask ? because i know full well that the sun will negate that heatsink and make it useless after i get home and start watching tv.
But then black also radiates heat better. And LG recommend to keep the device out of direct sunlight.

I agree leaving any dark coloured tech in the sun is a nightmare for absorbing heat.

Soldato

If its getting to the point IMO that the sun is causing issues to the TV due to the colour of the back panel plastic, then I think you need to take action either way tbh black or white will not make a huge difference over hours of use.

I too have the 77" G2 so good idea of how it does in the sun, its largely fine, even with the sun directly on it at times.

Soldato
I too have the 77" G2 so good idea of how it does in the sun, its largely fine, even with the sun directly on it at times.

Mine is fine as well. But when i'm out at work all day, why would i leave it in the full glare of the sun ? Especially with the amount of heat and sunlight we have had over the last month or two.
Even just stood outside my front door a few mins ago, i could feel the heat from the sun burning my arms. I can deal with that easily by moving into shade...........................my G2 can't move into shade unless i have the curtains closed.

Soldato
Mine is fine as well. But when i'm out at work all day, why would i leave it in the full glare of the sun ? Especially with the amount of heat and sunlight we have had over the last month or two.
Even just stood outside my front door a few mins ago, i could feel the heat from the sun burning my arms. I can deal with that easily by moving into shade...........................my G2 can't move into shade unless i have the curtains closed.

Where did I say you should not shut your blinds? I never said that thanks, I was saying not had any issues with mine in the sun, your the one that went down the sunshine conversation. As I say, if you get to point that the black paint is causing problems, then white is hardly going to be better shrug. Plenty of models, infact 90% probs have a black back and I doubt they are having significant issues to the point white vs black would make a significant difference.

Soldato
Ok so after a few months of owning the c2 42 ive come to some conclusions.

I'm using it as an occasional second pc monitor, for couch games like horizon 5 and mortal kombat 11... but mostly as a TV.

• As a TV it's great. The onboard AI audio is supprisingly good.

• The OLED is great and a definate plus, but the glossy screen makes it rubbish for gaming in anything other than a dark room if you're playing a dark game.

• One of the 'game enhancement' modes is terrible, it just makes the screen flicker, so is pointless.

• For gaming, despite it's OLED and 42 inch rather than 27inch, my dell IPS/freesync/hdr/165hz is a better overall gaming experience, and it's less than a third of the price.

In summary I'd say this is a really good TV thats ok for playing games, but it's no replacement for a well specc'd (but smaller) gaming monitor. It works well for me as that'ts basically how I use it. I will say though If I was just buying it purely as a gaming screen, I'd look elswhere, but as a 'jack of all trades' it's a very good overall package.

EDIT, of course you get OLED, all the dolby sound gubbins and and SMART tv processor and software, so you are actually getting a lot for the money, which you are not going to get with a dedicated monitor, the addition of freesync and 120hz is a good selling point aswell.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where did I say you should not shut your blinds? I never said that thanks, I was saying not had any issues with mine in the sun, your the one that went down the sunshine conversation. As I say, if you get to point that the black paint is causing problems, then white is hardly going to be better shrug. Plenty of models, infact 90% probs have a black back and I doubt they are having significant issues to the point white vs black would make a significant difference.

I'm not looking for a forum fight Lol :p All i was doing was pointing out why i thought there are 2 backs available for the same panel. It's obvious to me, maybe not to you though.

Soldato
I'm not looking for a forum fight Lol :p All i was doing was pointing out why i thought there are 2 backs available for the same panel. It's obvious to me, maybe not to you though.

Likewise.

It is obvious to me, that really it's not really temperature. Very few panels get white on the back, even on OLED range white is pretty much only on the C range on few models and markets at that. If the black was that much of an issue I would expect far more models to get the treatment if it made such a difference, this goes back to plenty of other oleds which also get heatsinks and are not wall mounted out the box, your A90J, JZ200, and with the serious effort they put into there picture accuracy and tech would expect them to go white if it made a massive difference. That is ignoring LG Saying to not have them in direct sunlight anyways. IMO its really down to the market and there at times being a preference for white SKU's more then anything.

Any who you have your opinion, I have mine. But meh, maybe your right and its not obvious to me :)

Soldato
Yeah films at 4k + hdr are really, really good on these screens. Even if you use the built in speakers, the sound is pretty top notch for a thin screen, relativley speaking.

Soldato
HI all,

I have an older LG c6V OLED TV which is mainly used for Virgin content, plex and steaming services for movie and TV time with the kids.

Ive been thinking about a C1 as an upgrade for a little while, 55" i think is the biggest i can fit in the space comfortably, but wondered if its really worth the punt?

I can then move the C6V up into the bedroom so its like a double upgrade - would this be worth it?

I have an Xbox series S Console that i would use on both screens on occasion. Just after some thoughts from anyone who has experience with both if there is anyone out there?

Back
Top Bottom