LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
Would be interested in what peoples settings are like for
HDR gaming
HDR movies
Std HD terrestrial content

I have had a look on rting and reddit and i find some of the settings i see on there horrifically sepia

Soldato
Would be interested in what peoples settings are like for
HDR gaming
HDR movies
Std HD terrestrial content

I have had a look on rting and reddit and i find some of the settings i see on there horrifically sepia

When I asked the question on AVForums, they said the standard settings include too much blue. Therefore, when you change them it looks sepia. You get used it it and apparently those settings are professionally calibrated (obviously without the actual testing of your unit).

Soldato
I get that kinda, but a blue sky doesn't look blue anymore so how can that be right? I mean literally no tv I have ever seen looks like the picture i had after that, I think its lacking the blacks are a bit too deep as well, the shadows in PUBG are PITCH like that to the point where you are at a massive disadvantage

Soldato
I get that kinda, but a blue sky doesn't look blue anymore so how can that be right? I mean literally no tv I have ever seen looks like the picture i had after that, I think its lacking the blacks are a bit too deep as well, the shadows in PUBG are PITCH like that to the point where you are at a massive disadvantage

Have you tried the settings in the post I made a few pages back?

Soldato
Ah perhaps its that then, I didnt have a problem (or as worse a problem) on the KS7000

BUt then again I think I set that up myself to my own taste (which i thought was very good....)

Associate
Seriously tempted on this :eek:

Any idea how long it will stay at that price? And is it worth waiting until the World Cup is over?

I doubt it'll go down after the World Cup, they'll likely discount some of the cheaper TV's to clear them out in time before the Christmas rush in a few months.

Don't hesitate! I paid £1299 3 weeks ago, and it's totally worth it.

Caporegime
At that price, especially with it being from a good seller = no brainer.

Prices will only go up after world cup. Doubt you will see anything cheaper than that again until black friday. I paid £1099 for my e7 but would have more than happily paid up to £1500 for it.

By far my best tech. purchase ever.

As for settings, just follow this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...osQ79CUArQv9doO4UvVCCXtgFw/edit#gid=854865656

I use technicolor for everything.

Soldato

Prices will only go up after world cup. Doubt you will see anything cheaper than that again until black friday. I paid £1099 for my e7 but would have more than happily paid up to £1500 for it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...osQ79CUArQv9doO4UvVCCXtgFw/edit#gid=854865656

I’ll try those settings when I’m back home. Have you changed the game mode settings by any chance? Can’t find anything that I’m satisfied with for that yet.

And yeah £1200 is a steal. I was delighted with my c7 for £1425. Luckily the other day I found I was a winner in Currys 1 in 20 get their TVs for free promotion.

Caporegime
I’ll try those settings when I’m back home. Have you changed the game mode settings by any chance? Can’t find anything that I’m satisfied with for that yet.

And yeah £1200 is a steal. I was delighted with my c7 for £1425. Luckily the other day I found I was a winner in Currys 1 in 20 get their TVs for free promotion.

I haven't found a need to use game mode yet. (I use my PC for gaming)

Nice one on the promotion! :cool:

Soldato
I doubt it'll go down after the World Cup, they'll likely discount some of the cheaper TV's to clear them out in time before the Christmas rush in a few months.

Don't hesitate! I paid £1299 3 weeks ago, and it's totally worth it.

Uh yeh at that price it's a total no brainer

Thanks for the comments :) I’m going to order it today :D

Can anyone comment on how it plays with PS4 and PC gaming? I don’t play many games on the TV, but when my mates come around we’ll probably play some FIFA.

Caporegime
Thanks for the comments :) I’m going to order it today :D

Can anyone comment on how it plays with PS4 and PC gaming? I don’t play many games on the TV, but when my mates come around we’ll probably play some FIFA.

Don't know about console gaming although I'm sure it is superb.

PC gaming is fantastic, haven't found any issues with input lag especially if using 1080P @ 120HZ mode (resolution shouldn't be a problem if you're sitting about the recommended distance of 7/8 feet from the TV)

Back
Top Bottom