LG OLED55B7V price hikes everywhere??

Soldato
Any reason not the B8/C8?
I was going to say because of price but after a quick look it appears you'll be hard pushed to find any more 7s now anyway. For me it's LG for oled and nothing else. They offer best bang for buck, the UI is the best and DV and HDR standard is up there as one of the better performers. The only gripe seems to be quality control for some owners, but personally I've had no problem .

Soldato
DOA ..no spectacular deals on the 'live' john lewis black friday offering, that I can see, across panasonic/sony/lg tv's .. 65c8 £2k not new.

Soldato
Grabbed a 55B8 from Richer Sounds earlier in the week for my new place - it's still sitting in the box as we're just not ready to fit it to the wall yet!

Can't wait to get it setup - we're getting a cat5 cable fitted under our floor for the TV so shouldn't have to rely on wireless.

Got a VonHaus bracket arriving later today for it - cheap but should do the job!

Soldato
Managed to get the LG C8 65 from Richersounds for £1970.
Another store (online only) has the TV available for £1999 with a discount code.
Phoned RS and they price matched it (the code is invalid now)

Soldato
Associate
Aloha, quick one (sorry if already mentioned)...

If anyone has slow internet access on their TV, make sure on screen share than listening mode is switched off.

I had the same issue mentioned in this thread like a few people - https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/lg-oled-tv-wireless-issue/

Turned it off and went from 3mbps to 65mbps.

Thanks =]
Top tip this...Worked a treat on mine. I was contemplating sending it back because of sluggish internet, so glad I didn’t. Amazing tv, best bit of tech I’ve ever bought.

Soldato
Awesome, glad someone else had the issue and it's sorted it.

Can finally watch uhd Netflix without any problems =]

Associate
So after nearly 4 months after buying it, I moved into my new house and was finally able to unbox my 65" B7.

And what a beauty she is. Even the wife couldn't help be in awe of it.

First thing that went on it? Frozen. Bloody kids.

Soldato
Aloha, quick one (sorry if already mentioned)...

If anyone has slow internet access on their TV, make sure on screen share than listening mode is switched off.

I had the same issue mentioned in this thread like a few people - https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/lg-oled-tv-wireless-issue/

Turned it off and went from 3mbps to 65mbps.

Thanks =]

Is that all it was!!! Jeez!!

Be interesting tonight what I get when I do this. Had to wire it with a (albeit very good but not anywhere near utilising the full gigabit hyperoptic internet) homeplug lol.

Soldato
The changelog for 05.80.10 is:

1. Improvement
1) To improve that the subtitle is not displayed when HbbTV app in on. (except US Model)
2) Change HDR luminance curve. (webOS4.0 O18 Model)

Soldato
Has anyone noticed some edge blur while watching certain content on this TV? I've noticed it on HD sports channels on Sky Sports and while watching some 4k content on Netflix. For example, recently I've been watching Narcos: Mexico and there are times where it's very obvious. In one scene the trees in the top left and right of the image appeared blurry and out of focus, and in another it was a character's tie. Both were foreground images rather than something that was deliberately out of focus in the background, so I don't think it's something intentional by the director. I assume it's the poor image quality of the content rather than my TV as I didn't notice any such problems watching Dynasties in 4k HDR on iPlayer, but I thought I'd check to see if it's a known issue.

Back
Top Bottom