LG W2363D monitor

Soldato
Hello,

I am thinking of buying two of these monitors for a dual monitor setup. I was going to buy an IPS monitor like the Dell U2312HM but I have decided I don't think I want to spend that much.

What are peoples opinions on the W2363D monitor?

Many thanks :)

Associate
If that's the case, you might want to look into getting an ips as the second browsing monitor, then you can have the best of both worlds :D
The LG is amazing for gaming but I'd say average for everything else, you could get a really good cheap ips that's naff for gaming but great for everything else as your second monitor.

Soldato
OP
Well to be honest I have been thinking that now. Before I was going to get 2 Dell U2312HM monitors, but now I think I want a proper gaming monitor for games. The only thing that annoys me with two different monitors is that I wanted two the same because it looks much better. What would you say a cheap IPS is? Or should I just get 1 U2312HM?

Soldato
OP
How about the LG W2363D and the LG IPS231P-BN? Or like I said the LG W2363D and the Dell U2312HM? This would be a lot more in price though.

Does anybody have the IPS231P-BN?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response. I will probably go with the LG W2363D and the LG IPS231P-BN. But I just wanted to ask, what do you guys think to two of the LG W2363D monitors? Good or bad idea?

Associate
To be honest, it's not that bad of an idea, for one, you won't be constantly comparing how the 120hz monitor looks to the ips and seeing the stark contrast in image quality 24/7.
You won't have to keep adjusting your eyes between 120hz and 60hz, 60hz will look awful and I imagine it'd do your eyes/head in having to keep adjusting.

While going with one of each has it's obvious benefits, best of both worlds, you saying you'd prefer them to be the same for aesthetic reasons, there are other benefits of going with two of the same.

Personally, the lack of input lag and the added gaming performance is way more important to me than colour accuracy, banding and whatnot so I'd go with 2 of the w2363d's personally if I was just getting 2 of one monitor.

I'm a one monitor guy though, I'd prefer just to use the steam browser or windows key out of games if I want to do something else. You'll get issues with point and click games too where if you go off the edge of the screen, your pointer will be on the other screen, I don't know, I don't see the pro's in having a second monitor at all but that's totally your call :D

Soldato
OP
To be honest, it's not that bad of an idea, for one, you won't be constantly comparing how the 120hz monitor looks to the ips and seeing the stark contrast in image quality 24/7.
You won't have to keep adjusting your eyes between 120hz and 60hz, 60hz will look awful and I imagine it'd do your eyes/head in having to keep adjusting.

While going with one of each has it's obvious benefits, best of both worlds, you saying you'd prefer them to be the same for aesthetic reasons, there are other benefits of going with two of the same.

Personally, the lack of input lag and the added gaming performance is way more important to me than colour accuracy, banding and whatnot so I'd go with 2 of the w2363d's personally if I was just getting 2 of one monitor.

I'm a one monitor guy though, I'd prefer just to use the steam browser or windows key out of games if I want to do something else. You'll get issues with point and click games too where if you go off the edge of the screen, your pointer will be on the other screen, I don't know, I don't see the pro's in having a second monitor at all but that's totally your call :D

Thanks for your response. That is what I shall do then, get two the same. I just hope I am making the right decision with the best monitor for the money!

Caporegime
Thanks for your response. That is what I shall do then, get two the same. I just hope I am making the right decision with the best monitor for the money!

Are you planning on getting two 120Hz monitors?

If you are do you have a graphics card capable of running them both at 120Hz?

Caporegime
As I understand it you need to use a dual link DVI connection or DisplayPort for 120Hz.

The LG W2363D doesn't have DisplayPort so that's not relevant.

The HD 6870 has 1 dual link DVI connector and 1 single link DVI connector.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how you can use 2 of those monitors at 120Hz without something like an active DisplayPort to dual link DVI adapter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom