• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LHR fully 100% unlocked now - expect GPU prices to rise

Soldato
Lolwot?

Why would you report them?

Because he can't get a graphics card at MSRP. You know that fake MSRP that was never real and only available on FE cards that many people seem to snap up more than one on these very forums, for someone that spends so much time on the forums I would have thought he would have got one by now on the many discord,telegram,twitter feeds when the FE are in stock.

Also this was going to get hacked in the end and everyone knew that. I was hoping it would take a little longer than it has but sadly that's life with DRM on anything.

Soldato
Because people will watch the video and start mining more. I'm fed up of miners and fed up of high prices.

What card are you after at MSRP ? because i'm shocked you have not got one yet, 3080 Fe I understand are really hard to get, but all the other FE models always last a good while before being snapped up, once people realise they are in stock. Yes some 10-15mins but if you have an alert set it makes it easier. 3080s last 2-5mins max because I suspect there is so little of them in the first place.

Soldato
What card are you after at MSRP ? because i'm shocked you have not got one yet, 3080 Fe I understand are really hard to get, but all the other FE models always last a good while before being snapped up, once people realise they are in stock. Yes some 10-15mins but if you have an alert set it makes it easier. 3080s last 2-5mins max because I suspect there is so little of them in the first place.

Its been difficult while at work because I work with customers etc. The last drop happened during my day off so I ordered a 3060 ti. I was so excited and started to panic because it was taking a while to go through checkout and I accidently chose in-store collection instead of delivery. I live at the other end of the country so phoned them up to add delivery. However, they said the rules for FE cards stipulate that the delivery address can't be changed. So I had to cancel the order. It still counts as an order on Nvidia's database so I've lost my turn.

I'll try and get an Intel card when they release.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It's pointless with the current energy prices - Trading is the way to make more money!

Depends if you already have the equipment, especially if they have ROI. It seems some dont understand you can also use your mined tokens on an exchange and trade with them! The more tokens you amass the more you can profit on a trade, mining and cashing straight out I can see your point - but some of us mine and use them tokens trading on and on. Its definitely not pointless.

Caporegime
OP
Its been difficult while at work because I work with customers etc. The last drop happened during my day off so I ordered a 3060 ti. I was so excited and started to panic because it was taking a while to go through checkout and I accidently chose in-store collection instead of delivery. I live at the other end of the country so phoned them up to add delivery. However, they said the rules for FE cards stipulate that the delivery address can't be changed. So I had to cancel the order. It still counts as an order on Nvidia's database so I've lost my turn.

I'll try and get an Intel card when they release.

Why didn't you just get a 3060ti off here when they were on offer?

Associate
LHR, the cards that were too expensive already got more expensive.

No surprises here, nor no interest in purchasing one either. Not an issue for anyone who has other spare cash to spend on other hobbies.

It'll be interesting finding how far prices go up though, that's for sure.

Soldato
Energy prices would have to go up about 3x for me to not be making a profit on mining

I'm paying roughly £60 a month for electricity from Scottish Power and it's been steadily going up every 3-6 months, My current flat I started out at £20 per month 2 years ago, I use no more now than I did then and by the end of the year it's going up to £80 per month, If I started mining they'd see the huge spike in usage and before long I'd be paying hundreds per month.

Caporegime
I'm paying roughly £60 a month for electricity from Scottish Power and it's been steadily going up every 3-6 months, My current flat I started out at £20 per month 2 years ago, I use no more now than I did then and by the end of the year it's going up to £80 per month, If I started mining they'd see the huge spike in usage and before long I'd be paying hundreds per month.

My recent DD from BG was £16 for electricity which is a bit weird, I must have been out a lot getting rat-arsed last month :D

Caporegime
OP

What difference does that make though if it pays for the difference and more?

Associate
Considering energy prices in the UK are about to go up even more to feed the greedy shareholders I don't think mining is worth it at all anymore.

my mining costs are £70pm but considering I’m making £12-14 per day I would say it’s still very profitable. Even on the current variable rate I would still me making decent money.

Soldato
My recent DD from BG was £16 for electricity which is a bit weird, I must have been out a lot getting rat-arsed last month :D

Lol XD

What difference does that make though if it pays for the difference and more?

my mining costs are £70pm but considering I’m making £12-14 per day I would say it’s still very profitable. Even on the current variable rate I would still me making decent money.

I actually use my rig though, At night it gets turned off and the time I did try mining I got maybe £2 per day which wasn't worth the outlay in electricity and the inability to actually use my rig.

Caporegime
OP
Lol XD

I actually use my rig though, At night it gets turned off and the time I did try mining I got maybe £2 per day which wasn't worth the outlay in electricity and the inability to actually use my rig.

You need an efficient modern current gen gou to make it worthwhile but for that £60 a month you were likley looking at £5 a month of leccy. You can also still use the rig. You can do everything bar game when mining and if you want to game you can turn mining off and then back on again when finished.

Don't see the issue myself

Back
Top Bottom