• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LHR Potentially Hacked

Soldato
i can see it all crashing soon due to russia, russia is hoarding btc but rumors around the world is it will be strictly regulated or banned because of the conflict, so take profits while you can, plus elec is about to literlly go through the roof again so wont help miners either

Associate
OP
i can see it all crashing soon due to russia, russia is hoarding btc but rumors around the world is it will be strictly regulated or banned because of the conflict, so take profits while you can, plus elec is about to literlly go through the roof again so wont help miners either
Electricity here as already gone through the roof. Our standing charge has gone from 26 pence per a day to 51 pence:eek: but that's for another tipic. The way Ethereum is mined will soon be changing, so that will then burst that bubble even more. Some new crypto will come along to replace it , like it did with bitcoin and we will be back to square one again.

Soldato
Electricity here as already gone through the roof. Our standing charge has gone from 26 pence per a day to 51 pence:eek: but that's for another tipic. The way Ethereum is mined will soon be changing, so that will then burst that bubble even more. Some new crypto will come along to replace it , like it did with bitcoin and we will be back to square one again.
Totally but while energy is this high I can't see mining on the scale we have seen last few yrs returning anytime soon. These prices are in for a long time yet

Associate

That's exactly what I think. Everybody hope when etherium merge done, mining will over. No, it won't be over, other x-coin will eventually replace and be profitable to mine on gpu's. During the uknown period people may be selling gpu's on auctions (most likely more expensive than msrp's) to invest on 40 series and boom.

Soldato
That’s just your utility company taking the **** as the standing charge is for maintenance of the network.

Soldato
If true could effect prices, not that it bothers me anyway as I don't mine crypto.

https://www.techradar.com/news/hack...very-nvidia-gpu-into-a-bitcoin-mining-machine

Quality reporting...

If the information stored in the 1TB of data stolen from Nvidia actually allows users to bypass LHR, the full power of the RTX 3060 all the way up to the RTX 3090 could be used to mine cryptocurrency. Even if this is the case though, Ethereum's upcoming move to Proof of Stake (known as The Merge) would give those mining for cryptocurrency only a little time to make a return on their investment into Nvidia GPUs.

3090s are not LHR cards and never have been. Just rubbish as always from such sites now and all clickbait articles.

Associate
I sure hope cryptocurrency is banned once and for all because it's financing war

Lol, but fiat currency is pure as the driven snow and has never financed any war right?

Without fiat printing most of the wars of the 20th century would not have been possible.

Crypto is one way that you can get around scumbag governments freezing your bank accounts just because you dared to protest in a highly effective way against them, I.e. Canadian truckers and their supporters.

Fiat = evil
Crypto = neutral
Gold = holy

Back
Top Bottom