Lian Li 011 Air - Fan Layout

Associate
Anyone have experience with this case using an AIO radiator?

I was thinking of
  • Side panel = Radiator mounted as intake
  • Front Panel = Exhaust (mainly to take the radiator's heat out)
  • Bottom panel = Intake for GPU
  • Top Panel = General Exhaust

Do you reckon this'll work, or just stick with a traditional set-up having the radiator exhaust out the top? (I'm putting a 9900k system together so 5-10 degree of CPU temps will be worth thinking about).

Thanks.

Associate
I'm getting the same case & am probably going to use the top bay for my AIO (I picked up a Fractal Design Celscius S24 on a black friday bargain) Although I'm not cooling a 9900k:p

I bought the RBG version so it comes with 5 fans so I'll just keep them in the front & side intakes. The Air isn't as popular as the Dynamic but you can filter completed builds at *popular uk website for finding parts that ocuk don't seem to want me to post:p

Soldato
Anyone have experience with this case using an AIO radiator?

I was thinking of
  • Side panel = Radiator mounted as intake
  • Front Panel = Exhaust (mainly to take the radiator's heat out)
  • Bottom panel = Intake for GPU
  • Top Panel = General Exhaust

Do you reckon this'll work, or just stick with a traditional set-up having the radiator exhaust out the top? (I'm putting a 9900k system together so 5-10 degree of CPU temps will be worth thinking about).

Thanks.
Looks good. Keep in mind if you use good pressure rated intake fans there is no need for exhaust fans .. but obviously the radiator will need fans. ;)

Using both intake and exhaust fans in a case is the same principle as using push pull fans on a radiator or air cooler. With good pressure rated fans the 2nd fan is more show than go. Also exhaust fans and case grill make noise usually making system louder than without exhaust fans.

Soldato
Most water cooling systems (at least the good ones) keep components cooler with warmer air into radiator than air coolers do at same fan speeds. Problem is 240-280mm radiator CLC cannot cool 250 watts of heat from a CPU any better than a top tier air cooler can. The only difference is how case airflow is setup. Corsair used to say in the CLC instruction manual to mount radiator as intake so radiator always gets cool air and CPU runs cooler .. but it's heating the air going to everything else and making them hotter.

Most of not all CLC owners who rave on and on about how much better their CLC cooler than their air cooler did never did anything with their case airflow to make sure their air cooler on CPU was getting cool air like it should. Most stock case fans are no good or case is not supplied with enough good fans if by chance it does come with good fan. Computer case airflow needs to be adjusted and optimized just like overclocking or getting your bike ready for a race. You don't just take a bike off of store room, bolt on some performance parts and go racing, you tune all the components on the bike to get the best combination for performance .. a computer is no different.

Associate
OP
Most water cooling systems (at least the good ones) keep components cooler with warmer air into radiator than air coolers do at same fan speeds. Problem is 240-280mm radiator CLC cannot cool 250 watts of heat from a CPU any better than a top tier air cooler can. The only difference is how case airflow is setup. Corsair used to say in the CLC instruction manual to mount radiator as intake so radiator always gets cool air and CPU runs cooler .. but it's heating the air going to everything else and making them hotter.

Most of not all CLC owners who rave on and on about how much better their CLC cooler than their air cooler did never did anything with their case airflow to make sure their air cooler on CPU was getting cool air like it should. Most stock case fans are no good or case is not supplied with enough good fans if by chance it does come with good fan. Computer case airflow needs to be adjusted and optimized just like overclocking or getting your bike ready for a race. You don't just take a bike off of store room, bolt on some performance parts and go racing, you tune all the components on the bike to get the best combination for performance .. a computer is no different.

Thanks for the input.

Yeah an AIO was chosen for a reason other than temperature/price ratio, aesthetics and form factor were the main points. The NHD-15 won't fit in the case (ironic for an "air" case right?) and anything less won't cut it based off what everyone is saying with their temps. Outside of a proper water setup, a 360mm AIO is the best compromise i could come up with.

Back
Top Bottom