Lian Li O11 EVO

Soldato
Yeah I saw the same video, unfortunately all the z690 DDR4 mobo have like a PCIe Gen 3 down there - mine has a 16x slot at 4x speed. Also supposedly those extra long extensions are of iffy quality which might not matter now but will do once we have GPUs that require PCIe 4 bandwidth...

I'm pretty annoyed by the whole thing (to the point I feel duped by Lian Li) and now agree that the upright metal piece should have been thrown in with the Evo and at some point you could select the PCIe extension you wanted. I am considering daisy chaining two so the first goes behind the mobo entirely and then the second connects to it on the mobos left side and into the top PCIe slot - no idea the lengths needed and if that maintains PCIe 4 compliance.

I do find it surprising that some youtubers think you have to have the mesh front with the upright GPU - the less said about Bitwit's review the better...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Check out the following video he did use strix 3080 and with it upright temps were worse what surprised me is that with gpu vertically mounted he got the best temps , might be different with the FE cooler design ?;

And front mesh with fans hardly makes much difference

https://youtu.be/tAeoVEY5JRk

Caporegime
Check out the following video he did use strix 3080 and with it upright temps were worse what surprised me is that with gpu vertically mounted he got the best temps , might be different with the FE cooler design ?;

And front mesh with fans hardly makes much difference

https://youtu.be/tAeoVEY5JRk
Well the way Im expecting to run the 3080FE upright is with the side fan mount in place rather than the solid side panel. I will need to hack something to allow me to hold the card in place but what Lian Li has provided only stops sway so rather have something that is under the card to support its weight and ultimately hold it in place - only problem is that I will have a chimney fan config.

Will have a look at that as not seen that video yet - I know he's done a few on the o11 Evo already...

Soldato
Well the way Im expecting to run the 3080FE upright is with the side fan mount in place rather than the solid side panel. I will need to hack something to allow me to hold the card in place but what Lian Li has provided only stops sway so rather have something that is under the card to support its weight and ultimately hold it in place - only problem is that I will have a chimney fan config.

Will have a look at that as not seen that video yet - I know he's done a few on the o11 Evo already...

Yeah would be interesting to see what results the 3080fe gets with one fan blowing up out of case and bottom fan exhausting

I think I will just be doing the basic setup and maybe later change depending what others report

Vertically mounting especially 3 fan AIB does look good even more surprised it's getting better temps , just need to find someone testing with 3080fe guess while we wait we will get more tests done :)

V F

V F

Soldato
Love how Jay's video says "IT JUST GOT BETTER" when I've watched his PC viewer builds videos when he disses/or frowns on anyone with a 011 Dynamic build. Though the face expression says it all.

Caporegime
Yeah would be interesting to see what results the 3080fe gets with one fan blowing up out of case and bottom fan exhausting

I think I will just be doing the basic setup and maybe later change depending what others report

Vertically mounting especially 3 fan AIB does look good even more surprised it's getting better temps , just need to find someone testing with 3080fe guess while we wait we will get more tests done :)
Thanks for posting this - gonna cancel the upright GPU accessory - just silly to have that difference in temps especially when the FE won't do as good due to poorer application of memory thermal pads. I suspect using the side fan bracket and active cooling behind the upright GPU would lead to better temps but I'm not paying the privilege to be the guinea pig :p

I think the temp improvements with it vertically purely depend on the orientation of the fins in the GPU, not really sure if the 3080FE is better in normal or vertical position in general (suspect it a wash and mostly about aesthetics)...

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Physically fit prob - but the holes may not be in the correct positions for such large rads

Yeah but may get away with offsets? The case looks slightly longer... It's impossible with the regular 011 unless using the circular reservoirs.

Associate
lian li didn't do behind the board because the cable would be too long, pcie4 cable can't be too long or signal noise will give problems. I do agree though, they should have just used pcie3 instead of 4 and routed through the back. It will get worse over time, pcie5 riser cables probably have to be like 5cm or something

They can... just at a price. Look at my build. Given mine is a Mini, i could've gotten away with a 45cm one, so i expect a 50cm should be more than enough for the EVO.

Yes i paid sub £200 for a 50cm PCIe4.0 riser cable, but that was the only way to hide the cable behind the mobo and loop it back round. (ps. After testing with several games etc, i've not experienced any noise or drops etc. All good touchwood)

For the price LL opted for the riser, i had a feeling that they would go for a shorter cable and connect it from the front.

Obviously not the same case, but i have a 240mm radiator and 2x AL120 as intakes. From my previous setup to the current, i saw a 10c+ drop on all components. My 3080FE junction temps never reach beyond 50c (even when mining). Will be interesting to see how the EVO pans out

Last edited:
Associate
Put in a preorder today. Also ordered the mesh front with the vertical GPU Mount(not the side GPU mount), as I'm still undecided as to how I'm going to set my PC out.

Associate
Love how Jay's video says "IT JUST GOT BETTER" when I've watched his PC viewer builds videos when he disses/or frowns on anyone with a 011 Dynamic build. Though the face expression says it all.

That's not because he dislikes the case though, quite the opposite he really likes the case (Pretty sure from memory he built his daughter's rig with one). The reason he doesn't put O11D's in his reaction videos much is because he could fill up the entire segment with 15 minutes of reacting to O11D builds every single time he made one of those vids. That's pretty boring (And that's coming someone that ... you guessed it owns an O11D)

I'm pretty much ready to chuck the O11D on eBay for one of those Evo's in Grey!

Associate
Gonna be interesting when I start building in this. I'm going to be running a dual loop and I also want to have my GPU vertically mounted (not upright), but I don't want it covering the OLED screen on the Asus Z690 Formula. So I can only have fans at the bottom otherwise the GPU will be too high. Hoping to mount a radiator to the front using the mesh kit for the GPU loop and have the CPU radiator at the top with the side holding my Radikult Twin 360 reservoir.

Associate
Merry Christmas all,

Pre ordered the white last night.
Any idea if I would have clearance issues fitting the Arctic freezer ii 280 as top mount?

FTM

FTM

Soldato
looks like I might dive in as well

I only have a 240 rad and fancy mounting on the side with intake fans...it looks like I can mount the rad on one side of the side plate then mount three intake on the other side so they all line up nicely with no daft bump

then 3 in the bottom for intake as well which will push straight onto the gpu then echaust top and rear?

FTM

FTM

Soldato
well pre-order the black and a load more lian li SL fans

no hurry waiting on the order , its not like I dont already have a pc, its juts a cosmetic upgrade for me from an ancient case..its still has front drive bays for flips sake!

Last edited:
Associate
Just placed pre-order for the black, but forgot to add the top mounted I/O panel, but I'm not too fussed as this will be sitting on my desk.

Planning on a fully air-cooled setup. Just debating on going for a stealth build, or a full disco build :D

Back
Top Bottom