Lian Li O11 EVO

Associate
Well after spending the day removing my system from the Thermaltake P5 i've finally got it all up and running in the Evo :)

initial impressions are extremely positive, it's so easy to build in, i'll be going custom loop over the next few months but for now i'm happy.

Here's a pic

FAeSiBa.jpg

Very clean, can't wait to get my built up. Just remembers I placed a seperate order for the IO which is delayed. I had included the SSD for my build in that order so can't really go much further that building it up and going into BIOS. :cry: Gonna looks at NVMe options as I don't think I can wait much longer.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
mines finished as well got it at 10:30 but put off building till after lunch , always like a first time power up after a rebuild!

plans going forward...I think I need a 360 rad in place of my 240 as it looks a bit lopsided and I think another al120 for the rear as I have 2 free ports on the lian li rgb hub

and maybe a cable extension set for the ugly black cables

its easy to work on with loads of space to stash the cables at the rear

51832491949_50016faa08_b.jpg

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Just started putting it together love the uni sl120 fans just 2 cables for 3 fans :) cant say I miss the Corsair fans with all them cables
they really do make life so easy..I am amazed nobody else is doing it

wish I had bought a 3rd set of 3 when they were on offer, but I can wait for the right price at the moment

Associate
Just started putting it together love the uni sl120 fans just 2 cables for 3 fans :) cant say I miss the Corsair fans with all them cables

I can never go back to the old style of fans. Lian-Li solidified this for me with their customer service too. A couple of the fans I originally ordered from OCUK had failing LEDs after less than 6 months, showed Lian-Li and they sent me a complete set of 9 of the latest revisions of the SL120s which are substantially brighter. I even got to keep the still functional but slightly faded older set too!

If I didn't already love my O11 build I'd upgrade to the EVO.

Associate
Does anyone know why the Evo has 3 intakes / exhausts but only one dust filter?

I'm intending to have top and bottom intake, but one dust filter is a right pain and I can't see anywhere to buy a replacement/additional unless I'm missing something?

Associate
If by filter you mean at the top, I think it's because dust isn't going in through there as it's set as exhaust and filter would impede air flow with no added benefit

Associate
If by filter you mean at the top, I think it's because dust isn't going in through there as it's set as exhaust and filter would impede air flow with no added benefit
There's nothing that means it has to be an exhaust - the O11D Mini has 4 filters for that reason.

I'm in reverse mode, so the GPU is entirely getting air from the top vent.

Associate
The mini has four filters? I thought it had only a filter on the bottom and micromesh everywhere else?
I guess the conventional wisdom is top exhaust. Of course the Evo throws a spanner in the works

Associate
The mini has four filters? I thought it had only a filter on the bottom and micromesh everywhere else?
I guess the conventional wisdom is top exhaust. Of course the Evo throws a spanner in the works

Ah sorry you're right - it's micromesh on much of it. Not perfect, but still far better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom