Lian Li O11 EVO

Associate

750w PSU isn’t working well with a OC'ed 12900k and 3090 so have ordered a 1300w unit, also took this time to change a few bits over as the back of the build was looking a bit unbalanced. Added another FLT120 level both sides out and made the run over to the other side different. On the front again for balance added the same size rads and monoblock as the Velocity2 just looked a bit small... Last of all moving to 14mm hardline on the front as wanted to try Corsair satin black tube.

This case far more versatile then I first thought. What do you think of the changes?

U42tPy0.jpg

Pdae6PQ.jpg

SbsvC99.jpg

89rVrDA.jpg

IuPIlGs.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
That's the worst thing about upping a tube size. All the new fitting inserts. It's at least £50 - £70 for fittings then £18 each for a few packs of tubing.

Associate
Does anyone noticed fans louder noise on the side bracket,i tested a12 25 as intake and arctic p12 pwm pst they have very noticable sound on the side bracket,on the radiator and bottom are dead silent

Soldato
Does anyone noticed fans louder noise on the side bracket,i tested a12 25 as intake and arctic p12 pwm pst they have very noticable sound on the side bracket,on the radiator and bottom are dead silent
Yes but it's not that much different imo. I have my AIO radiator on the side intake bracket (pulling air in from outside with fans visible on inside of case) which reduces it a little due to it being 'heavier' but it's basically resonance you're hearing. What it seems to be is 'tolerances' in manufacturing allow a small amount of movement which increases resonance and turn makes that section a little louder.

I'm using noctua a12x25 chromax black swap with the 'gasket seal' against the surfaces for reference.

Associate
I dont want rad and fans on a side bracket,both a12 25 and p12 are much much louder then on a bottom and top,bottom a12 25 i can pull up to 70% barely hear them,while a12 25 on a side i cant do more then 47% anything after this level is very loud,im gonna try p14 on side as they move more air with less rpm.

V F

V F

Soldato
Got the new fittings today, now think the fans look out of place. There is too many options with the o11 evo I keep thinking of different things to do.

I always liked the look of the fans in push mode versus pull which leaves you only seeing the fins of the radiator.

Associate
Someone should mentioned side bracket can be insert in two different ways...i had a resonant problems with any fan i mounted on a side bracket,didnt know what to,and just find out this info,resonant probles are gonne ccc

V F

V F

Soldato
I do the same on most build but couldnt run the pipes over the motherboard and the rad hit the rear I/O on the top.

I see now. That plastic over the I/O jots out quite a bit. Plus the quantum rads are wider than your fans. Even if you could pull it off, that squeeze for the CPU power cables looks rough.

Real shame to an extent that sometimes I feel the EVO and XL still isn't quite big enough for the range of certain parts. I still wish the XL was even taller.

Soldato
I want to get an evo for my next build, I currently have an XL and love it. I saw a video yesterday on YouTube where a guy has the hanging mount for his gpu with 3 fans behind, with the increased size of the cards do you think it will be possible to do the same with the 4090?

Back
Top Bottom