Lian Li O11D + 2x EKWB Coolstream 360 PE Radiator Clearance along with G1 Distro Plate.

Associate
Hello fellas, im switching my computer to water cooling for the first time. Ive used "EK Configurator" for required parts compatible with my hardware. According to configurator, I will be able to use 2x EK Coolstream PE 360 radiator in my pc, one bottom and one on top along with G1 Distro plate. Ive made a contact with EK customer support about my first water cooling and parts etc, customer support told me I wont be able to fit Coolstream PE 360 on bottom due to clearance issued with G1 distro plate. He/she told me to get Coolstream SE 360 instead, which is slimmer version of PE. Since configurator says 2x PE is fine and customer support guy says 2x PE woudnt fit in my case, im giga confused.

Id like to get help from the experts if you have any idea about my situation

Regards.

Soldato
Buy one PE and the front distro then put that rad at the bottom and see if it fits. If it does get the top PE, if it doesn't put the PE at the top and SE bottom

Soldato
Hello fellas, im switching my computer to water cooling for the first time. Ive used "EK Configurator" for required parts compatible with my hardware. According to configurator, I will be able to use 2x EK Coolstream PE 360 radiator in my pc, one bottom and one on top along with G1 Distro plate. Ive made a contact with EK customer support about my first water cooling and parts etc, customer support told me I wont be able to fit Coolstream PE 360 on bottom due to clearance issued with G1 distro plate. He/she told me to get Coolstream SE 360 instead, which is slimmer version of PE. Since configurator says 2x PE is fine and customer support guy says 2x PE woudnt fit in my case, im giga confused.

Id like to get help from the experts if you have any idea about my situation

Regards.

I have this case with x2 PE rads and the G1 distro plate. I didn't experience any clearance issues.

See my thread for pictures;

First time watercooler - spec + questions | Page 4 | Overclockers UK Forums

Soldato
buy something else other than EK. You can get cheaper better options.

Your post adds zero value.

If you're going to make that statement then back it up with said options.

OP, I went all in on EK and don't have a bad word to say about them. No loose fittings, no loose screws, radiators were immaculate, build quality is good but as always DYOR.

V F

V F

Soldato
From what I've been reading including watching Youtube stuff, EK is really good with customer service and replacements should it occur. I'm still going with them as their stuff looks so nice.

Soldato
Ek customer service is ok but they take 2 days to reply to an email

the real issue is QC - they often manufacture products like blocks off a diagram, comes off the line straight to the customer without any testing.

their approach to QC is weird, maybe it's a Eastern Europe thing. They just build the product and ship out and deal with complaints later, they think the cost of pre shipping QC outweighs the cost of fixing it later.

So because of this, EK is frequently shipping out replacement jets, replacement screws, thermal pads and sometimes whole blocks

Associate
I sent a query to EK regarding pumps for G1 distro plate and they replied in under 24hrs with all the information I needed. All the EK fittings I have used have also been very nice as well. Only used a very limited amount of their kit but no complaints from me.

@OP I think the EK rep must have gotten confused and may have thought you meant the front mounted distro plate that could have clearance issues. As you can see from Damien's pics there are no major issues making those parts fit.

Associate
Your post adds zero value.

If you're going to make that statement then back it up with said options.

OP, I went all in on EK and don't have a bad word to say about them. No loose fittings, no loose screws, radiators were immaculate, build quality is good but as always DYOR.

Adds a lot of value - there are cheaper and better bits of kit out there without the issue that come with EK. Just have to google it.

Soldato
Ek customer service is ok but they take 2 days to reply to an email

the real issue is QC - they often manufacture products like blocks off a diagram, comes off the line straight to the customer without any testing.

their approach to QC is weird, maybe it's a Eastern Europe thing. They just build the product and ship out and deal with complaints later, they think the cost of pre shipping QC outweighs the cost of fixing it later.

So because of this, EK is frequently shipping out replacement jets, replacement screws, thermal pads and sometimes whole blocks
For me both CS and QC are both shocking, for someone like the OP who doesn't know much about watercooling if they ever got any of the poor QC like i did it would probably end badly. Loose screws around the oring seals for one would be the biggest killer that i've had time and time again from EK. I always double check all screws out of habit but for someone who just expects it to work straight out of the box is gonna get caught out.

Soldato
For me both CS and QC are both shocking, for someone like the OP who doesn't know much about watercooling if they ever got any of the poor QC like i did it would probably end badly. Loose screws around the oring seals for one would be the biggest killer that i've had time and time again from EK. I always double check all screws out of habit but for someone who just expects it to work straight out of the box is gonna get caught out.

Fair statement.

For me I spent well over 2K on EK gear and haven't experienced a single QC related issue. This is coming from a first time water cooling user.

That said my job is fairly technical so I would always check faces, washers, sealing rings, bolt tightness and cleanliness before fitting. I also pressure tested my loop for 24 hrs before filling, something I would recommend.

V F

V F

Soldato
Fair statement.

For me I spent well over 2K on EK gear and haven't experienced a single QC related issue. This is coming from a first time water cooling user.

That said my job is fairly technical so I would always check faces, washers, sealing rings, bolt tightness and cleanliness before fitting. I also pressure tested my loop for 24 hrs before filling, something I would recommend.

Apparently what I've read researching it, so many get caught out here. Saying if you can splurge out, then you can afford a pressure testing kit. I will be purchasing that once my gpu block arrives before I proceed to purchase the other items.

Soldato
Fair statement.

Usually wouldn't recommend pressure testing but after the last few mishaps i've had from multiple brands fail on me i would now lol.

Soldato
Usually wouldn't recommend pressure testing but after the last few mishaps i've had from multiple brands fail on me i would now lol.

I don't see anything wrong with pressure testing. I mean its a tried and tested procedure, if installed correctly the components should take/hold 0.5 bar.

Soldato
I don't see anything wrong with pressure testing. I mean its a tried and tested procedure, if installed correctly the components should take/hold 0.5 bar.
Yeah its just something i've never had to use from when i first started watercooling till now, it wasn't something that was readily available back then so i never had to use it. Double checking fittings, making sure things were tight was more than enough back then not to mention QC for blocks were a lot better and higher back then too. Nowadays i feel its more essential as companies cheap out on production, alphacool and EK to name a few and QC below par its sketchy not to pressure test before filling up your loop. I don't have the same faith in brand names as i did 10 years ago.

The only one thats actually been consistent for me is Watercool.de, their blocks have been and still is among some of the very best available on the market. They're just really slow at bringing out products.

Soldato
I've been building water-cooling for >20 years and never pressure tested but an hour ago took delivery of a Barrow pressure tester because it was £30. Seems crazy not to have one at that price. Seems like a tidy little tool although the instructions of course are garbage.

Back
Top Bottom