Lian-Li - OL11 - Dynamic Fan options

Associate
Hi all,

I have a new case, the Lian Li OL11 & am about to assemnble, after reading reviews etc and have decided to go with this set up; would love to hear your thoughts:

Bottom - 3 x 120mm intakes - 800RPM ish
Side - 360mm Corsair Radiator with the mag lev fans
Top - 2x noctua ultra low noise fans (to help with ventilation when GPU is strained).

I think this should be a pretty efficient set up. I did consider the radiator on the bottom, but it will probably blow warm air onto the GPU...

Also, I've bought a pack of Akasa sound proofing sheets, which i will apply in all the applicable places (obviously not the windows lol).

What do you think?
Quiet & Cool?

Cheers :)

Soldato
I use:

bottom - 3 intake fans
Side - 3 intake fans
Top - 360mm AIO outtake

this also gives positive pressure and I remember a video on YouTube somewhere that this configuration is the coolest regarding case temperatures.

Soldato
I use:

bottom - 3 intake fans
Side - 3 intake fans
Top - 360mm AIO outtake

this also gives positive pressure and I remember a video on YouTube somewhere that this configuration is the coolest regarding case temperatures.
I think Gamer nexus did an extensive test with this and said it was the best result.

Soldato
Not even looked at this one tbh. But judging from looks, i would say it would perform on par or slightly worse for cooling. I feel like the front fans only have the side vents for air which in itself is restrictive so you’ll just be recirculating warm air through your system. The 2x 80mm fans at the rear won’t be good unless you run them at high rpm which will be a noise issue. Only way i can see this working correctly is to occupy all the bottom and top with fans to creative a positive airflow from bottom to top following air’s natural flow (hot air rises).

Associate
Not even looked at this one tbh. But judging from looks, i would say it would perform on par or slightly worse for cooling. I feel like the front fans only have the side vents for air which in itself is restrictive so you’ll just be recirculating warm air through your system. The 2x 80mm fans at the rear won’t be good unless you run them at high rpm which will be a noise issue. Only way i can see this working correctly is to occupy all the bottom and top with fans to creative a positive airflow from bottom to top following air’s natural flow (hot air rises).

Fair that's what I've gone with.

Associate
OP
cheers, and the bottom & side fans, acting at say 600 RPM, will provide more than adequate intake?

also - anyone else notice that the dust filters don't seem very fine?? the holes are quite wide - i cant see them filtering much dust at all!

Soldato
cheers, and the bottom & side fans, acting at say 600 RPM, will provide more than adequate intake?

also - anyone else notice that the dust filters don't seem very fine?? the holes are quite wide - i cant see them filtering much dust at all!

Im not 100% sure what my RPM is on them..but with 6 intake and 3 extraction its creating positive pressure which is what you want.

I have taken out my dust filters for extra flow in the case, and the one where my AIO is, I will just clean it more often, its a worthy trade off for me, imo..

Associate
OP
cheers pal - does an AIO still count as exhaust? given the radiator slows it a little...

Oh also - I'm using Asaka sound proofing material on any bare metal areas - just to give it a bit more solidity & to dampen any vibrations and nullify high pitched fan noise. Hoping it makes a difference anyway haha

Soldato
I have a new case, the Lian Li OL11 & am about to assemnble

Top - 2x noctua ultra low noise fans (to help with ventilation when GPU is strained)

Also, I've bought a pack of Akasa sound proofing sheets
Forget any low pressure fans.
That case has from badly mediocre to plain bad meshes blocking fans, which need to be able to produce good pressure to get real airflow.

NF-S12 is downhill in tail wind fan and bad at pushing air through any obstacles.
NF-F12 has crappy acoustics with restless sound profile because of marketing BS design...
And just like in NF-P12 its motor is one miniaturized vibrating roller/halved radial engine, which will turn case into loudspeaker.
They do that already to 1½cm plywood, which is acoustically light year better than thin sheet metal.

Arctic P12 is fan for such places without having to take Big Ben into butt while paying for big BS departments.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arctic-cooling-p12-pwm-pst-black-fan-120mm-fg-04h-ar.html

And Akasa Paxmate (or similar Silverstone stuff) is pure cosmetic scam.

The Akasa Paxmate is far too light, way too thin and has too low a density to meet any of the criteria set above... It is unlikely that applying this product could have any significant impact on the noise of any PC in any case. Anyone with the least bit of understanding of acoustic damping will come to that conclusion in a 30-second examination. Not recommended.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/AcoustiPack_delux

If you want to actually do something to stop vibrations/increase acoustic opacity of sheet metal get some car acoustics bitumen mat or similar.
And for actually absorpting any airborne sounds forget foams thinner than 1cm.
From PC case damping materials BeQuiet's Noise Absorber with combination of ~2mm bitumen layer and ~8mm foam was good.
So of course they don't make it anymore, because BS sells better.

Soldato
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Watching this thread as planning a build with the white version of this case.

Likewise! I've just brought the same case, fans and a H150i and I'm trying to work out how to wire it all up! I've also ordered the commander PRO and RGB fan hub (but no splitters!).

It's my first RGB build, more for the kids, so lacking any previous experience in this area!

Associate
Likewise! I've just brought the same case, fans and a H150i and I'm trying to work out how to wire it all up! I've also ordered the commander PRO and RGB fan hub (but no splitters!).

It's my first RGB build, more for the kids, so lacking any previous experience in this area!

Similar but slightly different as I've got listed the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE (240 mm Rad) unsure if that's big enough? or where to put it? its on offer on here. Thinking on top as intake?

Along with 4 x Corsair LL120 RGB White with Lighting Node PRO 63 CFM 120 mm Fans.

Wondering if that's enough? also whether i'd need a commander pro like the post above?

Back
Top Bottom