Lian Li PC-011 - Beginners Build Log

Soldato
I just wanted to share with you all my recent gaming tower build.

Specification

Case:
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro
Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti
Memory: Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack" 16GB 3200MHZ DDR4
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Fans: Corsair ML120 Pro RGB 120mm

I am absolutely delighted with how the build has turned out and wanted to say thank you to @orbitalwalsh for advice given when choosing components. Pictures to follow.

Soldato
OP
Overclocking

CPU currently running stable at 5.0GHZ on all cores with a vcore of 1.3v and LLC set to 5.

Initially I was disappointed with my core temps whilst running Prime95. Although not terrible, my CPU package maxed out at 89 deg C after about 11 minutes. This prompted my to check my initial paste job, clean, re-paste and re-seat the cooler. That said when I removed the cooler I didn't think the coverage looked that bad.

6Lhd1ts.jpg

vUNwIpR.jpg

CPU and cooler cleaned up, fortunately I hadn't been cursed with abrasive Kryonaut;

ck36q3V.jpg

9iLDGUR.jpg

Kryonaut reapplied using the spreading technique;

jiopEOe.jpg

er1q9W1.jpg

Which seems to have done the trick, max CPU temps now 79 deg C after a 10 minute run;

ASpJhcp.jpg

Associate
I really like this case it was top of my list but i ended up get the phanteks p350x which i really like.
Good job it looks good and the braided cables will make it look better.

Soldato
OP
I really like this case it was top of my list but i ended up get the phanteks p350x which i really like.
Good job it looks good and the braided cables will make it look better.

Its an awesome case, I've always been a fan of Lian Li.

Thanks for the comments, pictures with braided cables installed should be posted tonight.

Associate
Hi Damien - got a question for you; is there any room to place lighting strips along the inside to emulate the glass lighting that is achieved in the razer edition?

Soldato
OP
Hi Damien - got a question for you; is there any room to place lighting strips along the inside to emulate the glass lighting that is achieved in the razer edition?

Hi, I'll take a look tonight when I fit the new cables. I'll post some pictures for you.

Associate
Hi, I'll take a look tonight when I fit the new cables. I'll post some pictures for you.

That would be fantastic, thank you. Additionally, I'm thinking about this case because I'd quite like to get some symbols etched into the glass - would you say it could be safely done? Is the glass thick enough? I know the case isn't designed for airflow strictly speaking, but aesthetically I prefer the dynamic over the air.

Soldato
OP
That would be fantastic, thank you. Additionally, I'm thinking about this case because I'd quite like to get some symbols etched into the glass - would you say it could be safely done? Is the glass thick enough? I know the case isn't designed for airflow strictly speaking, but aesthetically I prefer the dynamic over the air.

The glass is very thick, as always the build quality from Lian Li is top notch.

With regards to the airflow, id actually say its fairly good. It has plenty of options for fan and rad mounting.

Soldato
OP

Glass thickness;

lMUYbz3.jpg

Ff6mAXI.jpg

Space for LED strips;

vPs1P5B.jpg

zmHnYe6.jpg

Soldato
OP
Update:

3 more fans and braided cable set fitted today! (Wondering if OCUK have stopped Haribo? Over 2.2k spent and not a single packet.)

XwsjG66.jpg

rzCJfBj.jpg

4cPLTu3.jpg

hQz2sJI.jpg

Q4BI5Xn.jpg

JmnmSV0.jpg

Soldato
OP
Looks fantastic!

Out of interest, did you consider using the side/front mounting for the radiator rather than the top?

I did. The only options this case offers is top, side or bottom. It looks best top mounted and my temps are good so I've just left it there for now.

Loving it !

How you finding the Temps ?

Temps are good when stress testing. Yet to try extended gaming sessions but during heaven and superposition GPU and CPU didnt breach the 60 deg C mark.

Very nice indeed.

What's the noise like with 9 120's? Presumably you have them on fairly low rpm?

Noise in my opinion is more than acceptable. I have the fans set to balanced and I just let them manage them selves based on the default temperature response curve.

Back
Top Bottom