Lian-Li PC-011 rig photos?

Associate
I have the O11 (non xl) but they shipped mine without a bracket so had to RMA. Have to say it looked stunning in person. I found it annoying that with the non XL version you couldn't mount the bottom 360mm radiator on the case. Such a shame. I ended up going for the G1 side mounted distro.

Also how did you upload the pictures. They appear quite nicely and enlarge when you click on them. I used imagur for the below:

JOOhe9l.jpg

Soldato

I struggled to take pictures with the glass on, it's so reflective and I don't have enough lights! This was a rebuild from a slightly dubious custom case and amazingly I only needed 2 extra 90 degree bends to make it work. I'm very happy with it but a couple of the pipes need trimming by a few mm and I'll replace the Varders at some point.

It's got 2x EK 360 XE radiators push/pull bottom, push top for a total of 9 EK Varders. That keeps it pretty chill. The GPU is a 1080 TI Arctic Storm mini-itx, when I upgrade the GPU it'll be full-sized and I'll have to redesign the whole thing :(

Best case I've ever owned. Functional and beautiful.

Is that the XL?

Associate
Has anyone managed to get 3 x 360 rads in one of these?

If so how have you routed your tubing?

No to include distribution plates.

But there wouldn't be much benefit of you put in 3 radiators I think. If you use bottom rad and side rad as intake then the top rad will be getting hot air so not so much room to exchange heat from the top rad. But yeah I have seen people do it in the XL version

Associate
Can someone explain to this noob how to close the side window please? i swear it is freaking my brain out. I see in the bottom the couple of supports that fit in the case but then nothing to attach the top to. Am I missing anything?

Soldato
Can someone explain to this noob how to close the side window please? i swear it is freaking my brain out. I see in the bottom the couple of supports that fit in the case but then nothing to attach the top to. Am I missing anything?

I line up the bottom first in to the holes. Push up against the case, lift up again a bit. You should see a 2 or 3 short pins sticking out at the top that should slot in to the case.

Soldato
Curious to know what the best placement of 6 intake fans and a 360mm AIO.

I currently have the bottom and sides as the intakes, and then 360mm AIO as an exhaust up top. However my temperature probe measures the air before the radiator as around 35-40c when I'm gaming/under load, which is caused by the graphics card.

I'm tempted switch it so the radiator acts an intake for fresh cool air. It could either do this at the top or on the side (then switch some fans to act as exhaust). However I see most people do the layout I already have, why is that?

Associate
You slide in the panels from the top and then install the top panel to hold everything together - its mad genius that design.

Associate
Curious to know what the best placement of 6 intake fans and a 360mm AIO
I would try AIO rad as side intake, bottom fans intake and top exhaust.

I'm tempted switch it so the radiator acts an intake for fresh cool air
What is the ambient air/room temps. It also depends on that. also what is your GPU and is it vertically mounted?

However I see most people do the layout I already have, why is that?
Logically without the AIO it makes the most sense to do so. also I think one youtuber tried all configs and found this to be the best. I'll try to find the link

Soldato
@sadat

Thanks, I’ve seen that video. The temps suggest the rad as a side intake are lowest, but he mentions the GPU temps are a little higher as a consequence.

Room temp I’m not sure, but mid to high 20s I’d guess right now. Temp before the radiator inside the case can be up to 40c.

The 1080Ti GPU is not vertically mounted. Is it expected to make a difference if I vertically mount it?

Associate
Yes. So its a tradeoff between the GPU and CPU temps. But you will notice it is not a big jump in GPU temps. You could just bump up the bottom fans slightly and increase GPU fan speed slightly as well and you will be back to same temps for GPU. I'd say for the fun of experimenting you could give it a stab and share the results :)

Associate
Oh and yeah vertical mounting may make a difference to overall bottom to top air flow but may impact GPU temps slightly negatively but not that significant. I mean the 1080ti doesn't have that many known thermal issues so you should be fine i'd imagine eitherways

Associate
i love the front of that case with the waterblock
stunning idea, i might have to think of trying something similar as a second loop perhaps, using some of the amazing looking coolants i refuse to put in my loop or some UV and add some black lights behind it
ill think on it for another project

Associate
^^^ yup. It's a shame that running fancy looking coolants that you have to worry about gunk and nickel plating corrosion. I'm going to run with distilled water and then do a couple of flushes to clear stuff out and then run a clear fluid first.

Associate
So I'm in a predicament having a pc case that literally weighs 65-75kg. It's a Corsair 1000D with rads for days. I want to downsize to the 011 dynamic if possible and not the xl without losing all my cooling performance. I'm thinking 2 x 360rads push/pull rad thickness is about 5.30cm. Would I be able to get a distro in front?
https://i.imgur.com/er6G3lm.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So I'm in a predicament having a pc case that literally weighs 65-75kg. It's a Corsair 1000D with rads for days. I want to downsize to the 011 dynamic if possible and not the xl without losing all my cooling performance. I'm thinking 2 x 360rads push/pull rad thickness is about 5.30cm. Would I be able to get a distro in front?
https://i.imgur.com/er6G3lm.jpg
Not the D5 distro. I think you need to cut away the PCI slots on the back of the case to fit the rad if you want to do that. Like the user sadat in this thread said, I think he ended up sending the front distro back and going with a side one. I myself have the DDC 3.2 pump side distro.

Soldato
Hi, this case seems great to work with and enough air flow wanted to ask about the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Midi-Tower and having the GPU vertically can that be done with 3 fans installed underneath ? I have been reading and seems possible with the Coolermaster Vertical GPU mount ? not the Lian Li mount ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom