Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic - Demciflex Filters installed.. cat then sick on them !

Soldato
OP
I feel like i should have seen this ages ago, this build fills me with ideas for my own. Nice 1!

And congrats on the news about your third!

not sure whether to install ITX in the top or back chamber or wait for the ROG version and install full ATX at the back

cases are becoming more and more extravegant now and are going back to that chunky style too i find

waiting for Lian Li to now redo ITX version like this as well as make a mATX version.

also redo their PC-06 to 08 wall mount versions in steel - would sell better

Associate
defo not many wall mount cases on market that i've seen

QUOTE="orbitalwalsh, post: 32574356, member: 180030"]thanks :)

not sure whether to install ITX in the top or back chamber or wait for the ROG version and install full ATX at the back

waiting for Lian Li to now redo ITX version like this as well as make a mATX version.

also redo their PC-06 to 08 wall mount versions in steel - would sell better[/QUOTE]

Soldato
OP
Image may be a bit big until I can edit sorry

Slapped on a vertical mount kit from Cooler Master

Gonna have to rethink the RGB PCIe cables a little bit :/

id79C1X.jpg

36fcZAp.jpg

36fcZAp.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really liking the vertical mount, esp with being able to squeeze the fans in below. Is there any cutting needed to get it all in? I know there are a few versions of vertical mounts available so trying to figure out pros and cons.

Also congrats on the third. Not sure I could go back to the sleepless nights after 2 already. But they ARE the best things ever. Congrats.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thats better, great work mate

:)

Might be able to spruce spare MSI itx from a friend.. thinking either in the top or the back :) or wait for the ROG version to do it ...

That is one colourful pc!

Kids love it, I turn it off haha

I'm really liking the vertical mount, esp with being able to squeeze the fans in below. Is there any cutting needed to get it all in? I know there are a few versions of vertical mounts available so trying to figure out pros and cons.

Also congrats on the third. Not sure I could go back to the sleepless nights after 2 already. But they ARE the best things ever. Congrats.

No, the coolermaster has like a step up in it . As their cases and few others have SSD mounts on the PSU shroud so designed to go over it :)

And thanks :)

Associate
No, the coolermaster has like a step up in it . As their cases and few others have SSD mounts on the PSU shroud so designed to go over it :)

Ah great to know. Will stick it on the to buy list :D you notice much temp variance between vertical and horizontal? These are nicely set back, so should still have air in front of them, but would be good to know your thoughts on it

Soldato
OP
Ah great to know. Will stick it on the to buy list :D you notice much temp variance between vertical and horizontal? These are nicely set back, so should still have air in front of them, but would be good to know your thoughts on it

Hot air escapes quicker as well as the backplate not being a heat trap !

Only issue I had was Team Group Xtreme ram being so tall, touches the backplate . This ram is taller then others but also Aorus and others like Strix / Gaming X have wider PCB then reference or lower custom models

GPU sag is also gone :)

Plate sits a good 5mm have the bottom fan so room for air to move around. Could drill holes if I was made about airflow

Soldato
OP
Stunning. Can you reconfirm what the fan set up now is? Top Exhaust, Side Intake etc.... (obviously I guessed those)

Bottom and sides are intake, top is exhaust . Positive pressure . As there are lots of unfiltered areas . Technically still pulling from unfiltered area at the back PSU chamber but nothing can be done about that

Soldato
OP
Was sorting out cables yesterday and having removed all filters and replacing only one with DemciFilter 360 at the top, dust was sitting everywhere from PC being idle or went in use ....

didnt want to spend £60 on 3 more 360 Rad filters that don't fit 100% then you've got the gap at the rear as well as 2nd PSU . I've seen most run Negative pressure - both top and side as exhaust for maximum bling and in theory, slightly lower temps - but would be a dust mine!

roll up DemciFilter and producing Dynamic AIR filters ...

https://www.demcifilter.com/lian-li-pc-011-air

Full air kit works out $54 or £40 plus $16/£12 postage .

Normal Dynamic owners don't need the extra filter for the front nor do anyone need 2x PSU rear filters as we all run one PSU with top slot blank..

3x top/side + 1x bottom + 1x rear PSU + 1x rear main chamber = $45.41/£35...

wondering if OCUK @ChugNorris can strike a deal with them for Air and Standard Dynamic versions ?

Associate
ordered this chassis tonight , Drinking on a school night makes my wallet hurt... followed by my head in the morning. only took me 8 months since my OG post in this thread to actually have the hardware to pull it off. Only thing that will niggle me is running a 240mm CLC , clearly this case deserves a 360mm at the least but money spent so sod it.
Not really fancing the verticle GPU mount unless temps decide it may be better ( my 2080 is no flashy anyway ) will be running a balanced airflow , 3 x 120mm intake at the side and then the 240mm CLC as an exaust up top , whats this thing like for temps generally compared to something poor airflow wise like my current kolink stronghold? . would like to see GPU temps not hit temp limit anymore.

Soldato
OP
@MasterOC

Prob one of the best purchased you can do whilst having a drink or to !!!

240AIO will be fine ! Some people either beef the looks and cooling by doing Push and Pull, or still having 3 fans at the top with 2 on the AIO.

Temps will be better vertically but see how you get on. Large custom AIB should now be mounted vertically due to weight and size. Aorus had a support stand included but this is much better.

Temps are better due to cold air being blasted from bottom case for good airflow. The .In verticals position the airflow doesn't hit the GPU acting as a sail.. slip streams past and forces hot air up the top quicker. Also stops the issue of backplates being heat traps for GPUs !

Straight away you should notice temp drops at fault position. Even with just AIO fans installed !

Back
Top Bottom