Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic - Demciflex Filters installed.. cat then sick on them !

Associate
@orbitalwalsh - ditch the case and make the cubby hole the actual case:

0259q8L.jpg

You could have an RGB modded front - i'm sure your wife would love that idea.

Some inspiration for you - imagine it's the cubby hole of your desk:

oFvjHai.jpg
good suggestion but orbitalwalsh's desk is an Ikea one, which I would be cautious coz the boards are not solid wood.
A hole here and there may weaken the structure significantly.

Soldato
OP
Yours a Ryzen 7 while I am using a 7-year-old E3 1220v2 (just spoiled my i7 3770k deliding it, memory error on slot 1&2) with 1080Ti
your cpu have way more juice to squeeze. Dont let it dusted!

had a 7600k doing 5.2ghz and 8700k doing 5.1ghz before that as well - they are missed ! just my 2700 was a poor poor overclocker and took a lot of volts !

yeah- ikea might be an issue ... so might go for this !

https://www.sliger.com/products/cases/sm580/

9.JPG

Soldato
good suggestion but orbitalwalsh's desk is an Ikea one, which I would be cautious coz the boards are not solid wood.
A hole here and there may weaken the structure significantly.
Yeah, i know our kids rooms are kitted out like a multi coloured Swedish advert. The Kallax unit and add-ons, are like honeycomb cardboard in parts - strong and lightweight but you can only drill/adapt from the edges (an epoxy might work - depending on strength of laminate) - but my suggestion was done in jest :). Orbi, won't have the time to set up an RGB profile in a couple of months time - let alone break a desk with his DIY skills.

Gently ribbing @orbitalwalsh breaks up my day - his potential desk miss-measurement was a gift i couldn't pass up (although, the fire risk in a potential hot box not so much - Orbi, if the case does fit you may have to do some tasteful drilling in the door and remove a large part of the pack panel for airflow?).

@orbitalwalsh - does your wife know yet or is this part of some elaborate plan to justify a Gigabyte x570i based upgrade at the expense of a £130 'accidental' miscalculation?

Soldato
OP
@Plec haha , she mentioned if it could go any smaller ! Dynamic was a gift from Cybermedia so not to bad and all the fans and cooling from bequiet and alphacool so not to much of a concern - just a pain PSU is 190mm !!!!!!

problem is, ITX still cant go in the cupboard really :( kids will miss watching RGB !

Soldato
Reply to Case Forum post:

And still only 240 up top . Raijintek new Evo mATX looks interesting
They're nice looking/good value cases - the Ophion M (M-ATX) - being smallest glass panel case in the range i would get too. The ITX versions all look cramped once the build is complete - not sure why they're not shipped with regular drilled panels like other smaller designed cases(?) I've yet to see an ITX evo using an AIO that doesn't look like a mush of cables which are parted enough so that they can expose the RGB elements of the build. Defeats the purpose of the idea - why light up tangled mess...

But, the Ophion M should give you room to manage cables - and still keep your kids engaged. Are you thinking of custom water again?

@Plec was good but lack of usb 3.1 c port is a bit of a thing .

Have a newer version now

http://www.jonsbo.com/en/http://www.jonsbo.com/new/products/qiaosiboU5ban.html

Of course these exist (have you told the wife?):

b5rrYRg.jpg

And when coupled with this...

DmoglAb.jpg

...would kinda resolve your 3.1 C issues for the princely sum of ~£10 :D

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread; but I wonder how bad the original filters on the PC-011D are compared to the one such as Demciflex's, etc. Are the original filters that bad?

I did notice that ocuk dont still sell filters for the PC-011D either. I was thinking of putting 3x 120mm at the bottom, and an 280mm AIO at the top and maybe 3x 120 on the side - are the filters that bad to effect the cooling that badly?

many thanks,

Soldato
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread; but I wonder how bad the original filters on the PC-011D are compared to the one such as Demciflex's, etc. Are the original filters that bad?

I did notice that ocuk dont still sell filters for the PC-011D either. I was thinking of putting 3x 120mm at the bottom, and an 280mm AIO at the top and maybe 3x 120 on the side - are the filters that bad to effect the cooling that badly?

many thanks,
Yes the are, i can tell you straight off the standard filters are horrendous. I did a simple paper taste on mine and with the standard filters on, the paper won't stick to the grill.. a good indication of just how restrictive the filters are. I've resorted to no filters at the moment but looking at this thread, i may invest in the Demciflex ones and see how they are.

Associate
Yes the are, i can tell you straight off the standard filters are horrendous. I did a simple paper taste on mine and with the standard filters on, the paper won't stick to the grill.. a good indication of just how restrictive the filters are. I've resorted to no filters at the moment but looking at this thread, i may invest in the Demciflex ones and see how they are.
thanks for the info, it sounds like the filters are really bad then. I guess the filters will be the same on the dynamic, xl, air, etc. Is dust going to build-up pretty quickly without any filters?

hmm... with all the extra costs (fans, filters, etc.), its making me thinking about another case - something like the S2. Although I do like the 011D for the bottom fans blowing into the gpu area.

many thanks,

Soldato
thanks for the info, it sounds like the filters are really bad then. I guess the filters will be the same on the dynamic, xl, air, etc. Is dust going to build-up pretty quickly without any filters?

hmm... with all the extra costs (fans, filters, etc.), its making me thinking about another case - something like the S2. Although I do like the 011D for the bottom fans blowing into the gpu area.

many thanks,
Not that bad tbh, i've been running mine for a few months now and theres been no really bad build up of dust. With such high pressure airflow inside the case, i actually see more stuck to the bottom of my top and bottom radiator. Once you get it setup, it really is a great case. So far really happy with mine and actually looking at buying the mini now for my wifes build.

Associate

many thanks,
I might as well just give you the comparison shot

Left: Demciflex
Right: Original
82120938_10221378017350230_4724963242533715968_o.jpg

Associate
The Demciflex actually looks even more restrictive!
Thanks for posting, I do agree with Jay it does look more restrictive than the original (but I guess its not).

Although I can see how restrictive the original. It does seem like there is a lot of material to block air-flow.

Those Demciflex filters, are they ones meant for the 011D, or just 360mm size, etc.? ie. do OCuk sell them?

many thanks!

Soldato
Thanks for posting, I do agree with Jay it does look more restrictive than the original (but I guess its not).

Although I can see how restrictive the original. It does seem like there is a lot of material to block air-flow.

Those Demciflex filters, are they ones meant for the 011D, or just 360mm size, etc.? ie. do OCuk sell them?

many thanks!
I think its quite an old product, ive been doing some digging today and i couldn’t find any UK based reseller for them apart from direct from their US site. OCUK no longer stock them either.. shame really...

Associate

P.s nice to know another fellow HK'er on here.
Liberate Hong Kong :)
yeah it does look more restrictive but thats the point right?
A filter that doesnt do its job then why would you have it installed the first place?
the holes on the original is approx. 1mm in diameter each
so actually it actually does very limited filtering
I am very satisfied with the Demciflex filters on my O11D as only the finest dust particles escape
I havent order the full Demciflex bundle for O11 Air as two of the filters are not necessary for O11D
Total price is cheaper ordering the filters individually and the shipping cost is less expensive (half price as I recorded) than having 2 more redundant filters
Take note Demcifex ships the filters from South Africa instead of USA even they charge in USD

btw, you mentioned "another" HKer
Are you from HK as well or just that you managed to know someone from HK here on OCUK?
:cool:

Soldato
yeah it does look more restrictive but thats the point right?
A filter that doesnt do its job then why would you have it installed the first place?
the holes on the original is approx. 1mm in diameter each
so actually it actually does very limited filtering
I am very satisfied with the Demciflex filters on my O11D as only the finest dust particles escape
I havent order the full Demciflex bundle for O11 Air as two of the filters are not necessary for O11D
Total price is cheaper ordering the filters individually and the shipping cost is less expensive (half price as I recorded) than having 2 more redundant filters
Take note Demcifex ships the filters from South Africa instead of USA even they charge in USD

btw, you mentioned "another" HKer
Are you from HK as well or just that you managed to know someone from HK here on OCUK?
:cool:

Yeah true that, i just find that when filters are too restrictive it kills the airflow in the case and things start to heat up pretty quickly when its starved of fresh air. I guess thats the price to pay, a cleaner case but less airflow or a more dirty case but very good airflow. I've been running without a filter for several months now and so far the dust build up isn't too bad or anything to complain about. my case does sit on a table though and not on the floor so it does help a lot with the dust.

I'll have to look into ordering from demciflex themselves then, thanks for letting me know. Like you i don't think i'll be ordering a full set as i don't need the top or rear ones except maybe the rear psu.

I was born in the UK but my parents are from HK, we go back regularly to visit family. I haven't been back since the protests but want to at some point this year to show some support :)

Associate
Yeah true that, i just find that when filters are too restrictive it kills the airflow in the case and things start to heat up pretty quickly when its starved of fresh air. I guess thats the price to pay, a cleaner case but less airflow or a more dirty case but very good airflow. I've been running without a filter for several months now and so far the dust build up isn't too bad or anything to complain about. my case does sit on a table though and not on the floor so it does help a lot with the dust.

I'll have to look into ordering from demciflex themselves then, thanks for letting me know. Like you i don't think i'll be ordering a full set as i don't need the top or rear ones except maybe the rear psu.

I was born in the UK but my parents are from HK, we go back regularly to visit family. I haven't been back since the protests but want to at some point this year to show some support :)
Well to be honest my current system is definitely not as fancy as yours
No custom water cooling just 240mm AIO for CPU
With all the Demciflex filters installed my hottest component, the ROG Strix 1080Ti maintains 67 degree when fully loaded
So I am quite ok with the temp + amount of dust

I was born and raised in HK, lucky you to have sensible parents before the CCP invasion, frustration free for your generation
btw, add me on steam

Soldato
Well to be honest my current system is definitely not as fancy as yours
No custom water cooling just 240mm AIO for CPU
With all the Demciflex filters installed my hottest component, the ROG Strix 1080Ti maintains 67 degree when fully loaded
So I am quite ok with the temp + amount of dust

I was born and raised in HK, lucky you to have sensible parents before the CCP invasion, frustration free for your generation
btw, add me on steam

I only do this kinda stuff purely because i like to tinker. If i didn't i would probably just go the easiest route and go aircooled. I love the challenge of doing custom loops and taking my time with it, making sure everything is as good as i can get it before calling complete. If i didn't have things like this to keep me busy i would honestly say i would be pretty bored all the time.

I'm gonna have to give these filters a try i think, although i don't think the dust build is that bad if im honest because the case is sat on my desk, i wouldn't mind the extra filtration.

Added you on steam mate.

Soldato
OP

P.s nice to know another fellow HK'er on here.
Liberate Hong Kong :)

many thanks!

sorry, the secret police on here had banned me for a week.

Demciflex filters are vastly superior ! specially when you using high Pressure or High Airflow fans . Always ran my silent wings at 100% and changing out the stocks could feel the positive pressure set up at the top of the case more with the Demci's

Soldato
sorry, the secret police on here had banned me for a week.

Demciflex filters are vastly superior ! specially when you using high Pressure or High Airflow fans . Always ran my silent wings at 100% and changing out the stocks could feel the positive pressure set up at the top of the case more with the Demci's
What did you get banned for? :p

I’m placing an order tonight for some, side, bottom and rear should do it i think. Need some flush screws for the bottom rad as well, XSPC only ship their rads with the big hex screws you use on PSU’s! Gutted.

Back
Top Bottom