Lian Li PC-O11 White: let me be your Halo! (Phanteks halo test)

Soldato
Friend asked for some help to build a PC that could handle gaming but the key focus is working with CAD , rendering and Animation .

would have loved to have done a Thread Ripper build with a Ti but with lack of 4K monitor and 16 threads being enough for the CAD files and Raytracing he does- couldn't quite justify the money on it- nor could he afford Intel Workstation level components

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £2,434.22
(includes shipping: £12.60)

Thats whats going in it, He has 2x 4TB HDD coming in along with 500GB SSD free so fair play to him on getting that- also i got the Zotac Trade... £460 BOOM!!!

But case , ram, AIO & PSU is from Caseking- thanks !!!

960 will house the OS and programs, SSD for the Games and HDD in RAID 1 for all the saved work .

We were thinking about going full or simi custom waterloop but he felt it safer going AIO and then learning to do a water loop himself later down the line and the case should allow him a lot of play... a lot lot lot lot of play!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Managed to grab some snaps of the Zotac AMP Extreme 11Gbps this morning (had to use the flash)

Have to say, after dealing with Aorus and Strix cards this things is just a beast! so heavy! shame the VRM isn't part of that main heatsink and has the smallest heatspreader on it.... but least that could allow for Kraken G12 to go on in the future- thank god no stickers on screws!

(yes my fence is only half painted )

kyOFQct.jpg

QnGEyWv.jpg

xIUbWKR.jpg

mt71kC7.jpg

pAvSeKk.jpg

DQGKOaj.jpg

jtDBiPS.jpg

LmqBrlo.jpg

oYxdryq.jpg

Kmj8eZm.jpg

GdvfKkh.jpg

bR9AMmW.jpg

koVK6JN.jpg

jRTWu7D.jpg

4XKjiyG.jpg

D0Ggn9V.jpg.png

6TFjN8V.jpg

5Fh7wtC.jpg

k2wPH4u.jpg
LmqBrlo.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
aND THE GREAT THING IS HE CAN WRITE off the cost of this kit as IT eqpt , over the course of three years . CAPEX .and he could even mine a little amd make some bucks at night , electricity OPEX. win win

Soldato
OP
aND THE GREAT THING IS HE CAN WRITE off the cost of this kit as IT eqpt , over the course of three years . CAPEX .and he could even mine a little amd make some bucks at night , electricity OPEX. win win

yeah, hes going to check with his accountant - funny thing is Zotac were about 11 in stock and boom! all gone by 9am ! could have been a Aorus Ti Xtreme but yeah went within about 15 mins of being listed up!

He's also being supplied with 2x 4TB 2nd hand HDD and 500 GB SSD so more savings his end :) Been a while since i've set up a raid but seems can do it through the BIOS - big change since I last did it in 2005

Soldato
OP
and the board meets the card
**Sorry imgur doesn't upload the into order and was in a bit of a hurry to they're a bit mixed up
lcrad1N.jpg

vT8P5QK.jpg

xBkiZXW.jpg

98Vbn4I.jpg

FFoRjxK.jpg

8MNh5GM.jpg

ClIFhWJ.jpg

A5taejw.jpg

YyvScJj.jpg

baxWjX0.jpg

WVvDceX.jpg

0Uuz0cn.jpg

AQWyFZt.jpg

Hv3fGCk.jpg

QcN2Vfn.jpg

wLwjt9Y.jpg

kryvHDF.jpg

tGZw8n1.jpg

Yb3h9lw.jpg

N5md7LJ.jpg

0knH04c.jpg

tjBJTT7.jpg

aYT2x8M.jpg

Ph79YcC.jpg

W0FoNad.jpg

zupQ19h.jpg

Oc1Tmmz.jpg

krlJhvl.jpg

cP8c2CE.jpg

eGrlalt.jpg

YQrKS5R.jpg

Ze918CQ.jpg

ep1E0jt.jpg

GpW91Y5.jpg

YyFbnrs.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
***horror pics of quality hardware cruelly subjected to the inevitable risks of 'Newton's Law of Gravity***

^^^ Does your friend know you're using his hardware in an ad hoc balancing act on window sills orbital? :D

And, agreed, the Zotacs feel very solid compared to the Gigabytes - i added additional support to the one i fitted for a friend.

And get back to work on your Parvum!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
^^^ Does your friend know you're using his hardware in an ad hoc balancing act on window sills orbital? :D

And, agreed, the Zotacs feel very solid compared to the Gigabytes - i added additional support to the one i fitted for a friend.

And get back to work on your Parvum!

Pmsl, I'm now sure he'll be pointed towards it !

The shroud feels a lot more complete then Aorus. I do love their triple fan stack as that's ground breaking but the casing seemed to be rushed on afterwards , as if the engineer that came up with the idea also had to make it look pretty, so he did a F117 job :)

Still painting on the panels that were cut at begining of month, so no i61 for it , not sure if it'll be done in time for September show...

Seeing how I get on with this case then might get the ROG version for myself :)

Soldato
OP
Did you just upload literally every photo you took? There are WAY too many photos here. You could take away 90% of them and still show everything.

Yep, don't have time for the arty style shots anymore , snap upload and paste :) I'm also far to lazy to spend 5 mins choosing and just dump the stuff on the web :D
Although I will spoiler it for yourself :)

And this thread is for my friend to see if come together , not to fussed on anything else like the other ones ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a big fan of Lian Li premium cases - simple, clean lines - classy.

Probably one of the few windowed cases i would consider for myself too (i'm boring and build silent monoliths) - as i like the fact the PSU is removed from sight altogether. Tried to persuade a friend to buy the black version for a recent Ryzen build but he went for very blingy corsair glass case - looked nice but not as refined... (horses for courses) :)

Right - put the 'Hot Wheels' away and build it. I expect finished pics the by end of the day :D

Soldato
OP
I'm a big fan of Lian Li premium cases - simple, clean lines - classy.

Probably one of the few windowed cases i would consider for myself too (i'm boring and build silent monoliths) - as i like the fact the PSU is removed from sight altogether. Tried to persuade a friend to buy the black version for a recent Ryzen build but he went for very blingy corsair glass case - looked nice but not as refined... (horses for courses) :)

Right - put the 'Hot Wheels' away and build it. I expect finished pics the by end of the day :D

Yeah, built is the smaller 460x and after owning aluminium cases or building in them I just hate steel cases . Also few ideas from here would have loved to have moved over to the Parvum case- specially use of intake solely at bottom and not front of the case.

Might start building today. Should be straight forward

Also thinking all the black rubber pass through need to come off. Paint work should have smoothed the edges

Soldato
Also thinking all the black rubber pass through need to come off. Paint work should have smoothed the edges
I would have thought so - depends how the holes look i guess with minimal wires passing through.

Removed they may make the gaps/holes look conspicuous without them - purely due to the lack of cabling on this build - especially the holes that you won't need to use at all. Shame they're not a matching white - as you hardly notice them on the black cases.

Worth trying though...

Might start building today. Should be straight forward
So, built yet? :p

Soldato
Case is beautiful. My mate bought something that looks really similar but I've totes had a brain fart and can't remember what it is. Sure I will find out today as he's building it. Looks great though man, will look killer with a light show :D

Anidees? it's slowly coming back to me.. Not yours like, his, it just looks really similar :)

Soldato
OP
I would have thought so - depends how the holes look i guess with minimal wires passing through.

Removed they may make the gaps/holes look conspicuous without them - purely due to the lack of cabling on this build - especially the holes that you won't need to use at all. Shame they're not a matching white - as you hardly notice them on the black cases.

Worth trying though...

So, built yet? :p

I'm hoping as the back panel is all white the holes might blend out in a sea of white - until a shadow appears....
Also the white HDD cages are directly behind the holes
Got red braided cables for him, 2x 8 pin GPU, Mobo set and 3 sata, shame couldn't find yellow as would matches the zotac paint .

Case is beautiful. My mate bought something that looks really similar but I've totes had a brain fart and can't remember what it is. Sure I will find out today as he's building it. Looks great though man, will look killer with a light show :D

Anidees? it's slowly coming back to me.. Not yours like, his, it just looks really similar :)

Think I may have to see how much CS can do the ROG version haha.
Anidees are sweet looking, steel but do have a nicer thicker 5mm glass panels over the 4mm o think are on here or 3mm others use

Wondering if the back could have had a thin glass panel, would have looked pretty cool

Soldato
>discussing build - when should be building, build<

^^^ Less typey, type - more buildy, build! :D

I wish they did this case without so much glass for my needs (dark glass may suffice) - and less opening for noise to escape. I think my next, personal, build with mandatory brick air cooler would look a bit isolated and lonely in such a big case with a window. But i'm still sorely tempted. Will be interested to see how your build looks with just a large AIO...

/Goes to mow lawns...

/Orbital goes to build Lian Li build...

Soldato
OP
^^^ Less typey, type - more buildy, build! :D

I wish they did this case without so much glass for my needs (dark glass may suffice) - and less opening for noise to escape. I think my next, personal, build with mandatory brick air cooler would look a bit isolated and lonely in such a big case with a window. But i'm still sorely tempted. Will be interested to see how your build looks with just a large AIO...

/Goes to mow lawns...

/Orbital goes to build Lian Li build...

Pmsl, kids are awake so when they go sleep, I go build :)
Glass is good as it's a better sound insulator in metal panels and some cheap thin sound proof matting - although best go bequiet cases that offer both .
Was the same as you, needed pure silence so went with UMX4 for glass and we'll vented but hidden approach with a lot of expensive Silent Wing 3 fans .

For the AIO have a 2nd row of Pure wing fans mainly to bulk it out a bit at the top lol. could have done custom route but for himself works best this way and personally think he should venture into it himself slowly :)

Hard to tell on all the pictures only but either the White version has a weaker tint or the black panels on the other versions makes the glass seems darkened... No idea.

Bequites blow down fan could look sweet on this as not just from the side but from the front you'll see the cooler design

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £83.69
(includes shipping: £8.70)

Soldato
OP
@Plec - started to get the build underway but not as quick/far as i wanted to go :(

PSU, AIO & Mobo in - managed to grab some snaps but will have to upload pictures later but do have one off my phone

m0s9eFc.jpg

Was unsure with the choice of the White case version but seems to look really smart, although my wife picked out one flaw... the glass is tinted in what she described as 70s glass. And will agree- for the white version no tint of a very dark tint should have been used . Have a spare Panteks LED kit so that should lighten up the case/glass when powered on
Chose against going for the last fan in the Push/Pull Silent Loop AIO- blocks cables, could be done but would just a be bit of a pain for himself should any issues pop up in the future and 5 Pure Wings fans will easily be enough. Does a nice job of filling the void in at the top . Also should be the limits of this case if I want to transfer my build from parvum case over to a PC-O11

Last edited:
Soldato
although my wife picked out one flaw... the glass is tinted in what she described as 70s glass.
I find sticking my fingers in my ears and singing 'LA LA LA LA LA LA!' repeatably helps with this :D

Have a spare Panteks LED kit so that should lighten up the case/glass when powered on
Should prove effective.

and 5 Pure Wings fans will easily be enough.
Hehe - you think? :D

That will be one chilly CPU even at 1.4V.

Does a nice job of filling the void in at the top
It does.

What about adding the fans to the bottom of the case - with the lighting your adding it may add some extra interest and i'm pretty sure the AIO will still perform :p

needed pure silence so went with UMX4 for glass and we'll vented but hidden approach with a lot of expensive Silent Wing 3 fans .
I love that case - never worked with one. Ooozes quality and in innovated internal design

I will have follow up questions...

Soldato
OP
I find sticking my fingers in my ears and singing 'LA LA LA LA LA LA!' repeatably helps with this :D

What about adding the fans to the bottom of the case - with the lighting your adding it may add some extra interest and i'm pretty sure the AIO will still perform :p

I love that case - never worked with one. Ooozes quality and in innovated internal design

I will have follow up questions...

HAHA, is was surprised by the whiteness - quite like it and really makes the mobo stand out :D

Have 3 PWM Pure Wing 2s for the bottom- thinking may stick the AMP + down there to try and make it stand out over the bottom void.

Its really good, the UMX5 is a step back in my view and should have corrected some errors with the 4. first being only 27mm rad up top with 25mm fans unless your lucky with your board and the CPU power socket and heatsink are lower down.
secondly trying to get a rad in the bottom- can only be M3 Thread and ou loose the dust filter and have to use your own. plus it can clash with the HDD tra which is a pain to install as the screws at in the bottom air gap with then could have screwed from ontop !

to me its a smaller modern TJ07 :D

Back
Top Bottom