Lian Li PC-O11D Xl - Rad setup

Associate
Hi all,

Given popularity of this case, wondered how folks have configured their rad setup?

Im going EKWB PE360 up top with fans pushing air out through rad.

For bottom, EKWB XE 360 (when it arrives!), but haven't made my mind up whether to push from under rad, pull from above rad, or push-pull (and if that makes any perf difference worthwhile for the additional fan cabling, potential extra noise etc).

Thanks!

Associate
I'm using a single 360 rad on the top as a push for a CPU only loop.

I've got fans pulling from the side at the moment but once I add the GPU into the loop I'll pull through a bottom rad.

Associate
Yeah from what I've read there's basically no difference in performance so just choose for your own aesthetics, personally I like seeing the fans....Mine are brown noctua nfa12x25s, I'm fairly alone in this but it's a branding I wear with absolute shameless pride :D.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm about to do a build myself with 2x60mm rads.

My current plan is to have push intake on both and exhaust the rear with a fan as well as keep the option for exhausting out the top with fans as well if required.

Not 100% sure how it will work as one of the rads and all the computer hardware is currently in use but it should look something like this:
uK46z0e.jpg

Associate
I have the ColdZero package which coverts the front glass to 3 fans blowing in at the front, blocked off the side fans for the res/pump, then 2 360mm 60mm thick radiators blowing out top and bottom. Running a 5900x and 3090 (both overclocked) temps are very manageable, 3090 doesn't go above 45 degrees and the 5900x over 70, single loop:

Last edited:
Associate
You can go top, bottom and side 360 45mm, as I had for a while.
Easier with top 30mm, as would allow a bit more space to work with.
Mine was bottom intake, ports next to the back of the case, opposite to your.
Side intake ports up, top exhaust ports towards back also.
Pump Res to bottom rad (running behind vertical GPU, GPU, top rad, CPU/Monoblock, Side rad, Pump/Res.

Soldato
I have the ColdZero package which coverts the front glass to 3 fans blowing in at the front, blocked off the side fans for the res/pump, then 2 360mm 60mm thick radiators blowing out top and bottom. Running a 5900x and 3090 (both overclocked) temps are very manageable, 3090 doesn't go above 45 degrees and the 5900x over 70, single loop:
Ah the coldzero front end! I was looking at a similar one from PPCS, was meant to pick one up from them when i went on holiday to Florida but covid cancelled that! Is it worth having? Was considering 3 slim intake fans for abit more fresh air.

Associate
I think it’s worth having, for me at least. It dramatically changes the look of the O11D-XL but again for me it’s essential so it has some good airflow. I tried with side intake and glass front but temps suffer, at least in my testing. I picked up the ColdZero side and rear and mobo blanks as well and it does look awesome

Soldato
My loop goes: pump > CPU > GPU > top rad (360x30) > bottom rad (360x55). Top fans push and exhaust, bottom pull and intake. This time of year it'll mostly idle with just 1 bottom fan running. 3 bottom fans is enough for work, and the top 3 come on for gaming and rendering when liquid temp hits 32. They ramp up in a way to maintain +pressure.

Associate
On my build I went for:
- XE 360 bottom with 3 fans pulling air in
- PE 360 top with 3 fans pulling air in
- Rear fan set to exhaust
- Side 3 fans set to exhaust
- Front distro

At the moment all that cooling is for a 5950x only as I am waiting on water blocks for 3090's. Under load, temperature of coolant never goes over 33 degrees. I have my top and bottom fans set to react to coolant temp. so they never spin more than 25-30%. Rear and side fans set to react to the higher of the motherboard temp. sensors to exhaust warm air from the case; generally these never go above about 40% and when I eventually have water blocks on my GPU's, I will run these off coolant temp. too. All in all, very quiet setup.

Back
Top Bottom