lian li v2000 phase and watercooled - done!

Associate
AdamEW said:
nice work there you got, those temps are, fantastic!

may I ask what program you are using to show your temperatures in the shot of your desktop?,

motherboard monitor 5 combined with a pugin and ati tray tools for the graphics temps

Soldato
Very nice. Im very interested in this one as im having almost exactly the same done. Im having a custom phase unit built as we speak for the cpu, then im going to watercool the gpu and maybe the chipset. The only differences are that ive got a black v2000, and the pump is likely going to have to be in the bottom chamber as all of the 5 1/4" bays will be filled with harddrives. How does the 120.1 rad cope wit the gpu? Also how well does the 120.1 rad fit? Does it interfere with the mobo at all?

Associate
messiah khan said:
Very nice. Im very interested in this one as im having almost exactly the same done. Im having a custom phase unit built as we speak for the cpu, then im going to watercool the gpu and maybe the chipset. The only differences are that ive got a black v2000, and the pump is likely going to have to be in the bottom chamber as all of the 5 1/4" bays will be filled with harddrives. How does the 120.1 rad cope wit the gpu? Also how well does the 120.1 rad fit? Does it interfere with the mobo at all?

fits fine with no mobo obstruction and the gfx are about mid 50's under load at 1.6 v. That is with a very modest fan though.

you could maybe get the pump in one of the bays if you use a low profile like a laing dcc. then use soemthing like I have for the hdd's (coolermaster 4 in 3) which will get 4 hdd's in 3 5 1/4 bays. I also chose this so that i had some sort or air intake at the front of the top. otherwise you're just relying on the rad fan which may not take much air past the ramsinks on the gfx.

Soldato
Unfortunately, literally ALL of my drivebays will be taken up. Im going to have;

Phase controller HDD (36Gb raptor for windows)
DVD Writer
HDD (250Gb for Programs/Games)
HDD (250Gb for Files)
HDD (500Gb for Media files)
Hdd (500Gb for backup)
Hdd (500Gb for backup)

All of the harddrives are going to be in Smartdrive 2002C enclosures, and the phase controller display is slim enough to fit infront of the top harddrive. Doesn't really matter though as its very likely that there will be enough space in the lower compartment for the pump. Nice to see that the 120.1 is enough for the GPU.

Permabanned
now get a venice or sandiego under there and watch it fly ;).

what load temps is the gpu getting? seems a little hot at 46. esp with its own rad.

Tom

Permabanned
messiah khan said:
;) I'd say thats not too bad really. Certainly better than air.

yea, not brilliant though. You must consider it has a rad with water running through it that is a fair bit bigger than the original cooler.

I'd expect load temps of less than 50 really.

Tom

Associate
The fan isn't a very powerful one. Just one of the papst case fans that came with the v2000. it's a quiet fan though.

if it's high, thats the only reason i can think of.

Associate
welshtom said:
now get a venice or sandiego under there and watch it fly ;).

what load temps is the gpu getting? seems a little hot at 46. esp with its own rad.

Tom

that's the choice. I have someone willing to buy the mobo and cpu and I'm sure I can sell the ram easily. Still going to leave me £200 ish short of a conroe set up and I've spent loads recently

maybe just sell the cpu and get a 3700 or a 3800x2