Libya is finished, what country will be next?

Soldato
In my early 20s I used to believe some of the conspiracy stuff around 9/11, not the really outlandish things but WTC7 collapsing I found very suspicious. As I grew up and operated more in the real world, travelled, met people, became more involved with how business and governments operate I realised how ridiculous it would be to try and plan such a thing.

It's really not a case of being open or closed minded it's a case of not thinking in isolation. Once you actually flesh out conspiracy ideas starting from the person dreaming it up to all the things that would need to happen for the event to take place you tend to realise how impossible it would be.

Draw yourself a timeline of 9/11 how everything needed to be coordinated, the people you would need to carry out each task and how you would coordinate it to all happen on one day. Then you need the aftermath cover up, how are you controlling that? What if you need more people to help cover up as there are unforeseen circumstances, where would you get the resource, how do you convince them to help, etc etc etc.

Nearly 20 years and not one death bed confession or whistle blower, how are you controlling that also?

Last edited:
Soldato
Without derailing the thread with this new topic, final thing I will say about it is that aside from the stupidly wacko stuff (David Icke stuff for example), a lot of CT have turned out to be true eg the "heart attack gun", MK Ultra, insider trading, banks laundering money for criminal enterprise (cheers for the shouts Noel). Those type of conspiracies are forgotten to be such, but people have lost their livelihoods and reputation because of this.

Galileo would be a conspiracy theorist as he went against mainstream dogma, which is in many respects what we have still occurring.

Soldato
I think you're mixing up conspiracies with Conspiracy Theories.

And coming back to Alex Jones, so you're saying the two options are :

He told the truth in court, and that what he says is an act

Or

He lied in court and he actually is a crazy loon

Neither options seems one where you can believe what he says when he's doing his show.

Soldato
I think you're mixing up conspiracies with Conspiracy Theories.

It was a conspiracy theory about MK ultra, forget the guys name but he had his credentials and career ruined. The heart attack gun was was a conspiracy theory until it was released in some congressional report. Insider trading and money laundering for criminals was also the same. People lost their jobs and were called nutjobs for holding such stupid views (we have laws that stop that nuthob!)

And coming back to Alex Jones, so you're saying the two options are :

He told the truth in court, and that what he says is an act

Or

He lied in court and he actually is a crazy loon

Neither options seems one where you can believe what he says when he's doing his show.

You didn't read either of my previous posts did you?

He said it was an act because he may very well have been stopped from seeing his kids. He acts like that maybe because of what he sees or has uncovered and is outraged people don't take it seriously

Soldato
You didn't read either of my previous posts did you?

Oh I did read them, but there isn't a 3rd option of "He lied in court but tells the truth on his show"

He said it was an act because he may very well have been stopped from seeing his kids.

Well, if he has to lie because his actual personality is worrying enough for a court to stop him from seeing his kids.....then it sounds like he shouldn't be seeing his kids in the first place! :eek:

He acts like that maybe because of what he sees or has uncovered and is outraged people don't take it seriously

And I'm still chuckling about that one..:D

Lets check out this inside knowledge he has that he's outraged that we don't take seriously..

That nobody died at Sandy Hook Elementary.
That the U.S. government plotted the Pulse shooting in Orlando in order to pass more restrictive gun laws.
That the FBI engineered the Boston Marathon bombing.
That former Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was murdered.
That mysterious black helicopters, the “strike force of the New World Order,” once flew around Austin for the sole purpose of following motorists, landing unannounced in schoolyards and dropping cedar ash all over the city (start at the 4:25 mark).
That 9/11 was an "inside job” planned and carried out by the U.S. government.
That Lady Gaga’s Superbowl halftime performance was satanic.
That Bill Gates is a eugenicist and IBM is a front.
That the U.S. government controls the weather and uses it as a weapon. He also asserted that the “weather weapon” was behind a devastating tornado that hit Oklahoma in 2013.

Caporegime
Anecdotal_Evidence.jpg

Sigh... just next time you read a wiki page evan try and follow up on a couple of the sources you'll find many are broken.

Simply because of how will works there's no way for it to automatically check that media outlets haven't rejigged thier site removed an old article or changed format.

There's no way people can keep up with the sheer volume.

If you'd like There s a handy Wikipedia page about it!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Link_rot

Like most large websites, Wikipedia suffers from the phenomenon known as link rot, where external links, often used as references and citations, gradually become irrelevant or broken (also called a dead link), as the linked websites disappear, change their content, or move. This presents a significant threat to Wikipedia's reliability policy and its source citation guideline.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_rot

Caporegime
Conspiracy theorist (nut) is just a label for people that can think critically, or for themselves.
I would rather be that than a sheeple/zealot.

not really, the usual usage is for the sorts of conspiracies where critical thinking needs to be abandoned i.e. 911 was an inside job., moon landings were faked etc..etc.. then you get the people who are into legal "woo" and end up inspiring others to rack up fines through non payment of council tax, their mortgage.... (remember the guy in Nottingham who lost his house?)

Perhaps you can give an example of some conspiracy where people have used the label conspiracy nut on here but where the conspiracy theorists have simply been making use of critical thinking?

Soldato
A conspiracy generally exists because the truth hasnt been explained properly. When people ask questions they get branded a conspiracy theorist, and the question remains unanswered.

In my early 20s I used to believe some of the conspiracy stuff around 9/11, not the really outlandish things but WTC7 collapsing I found very suspicious. As I grew up and operated more in the real world, travelled, met people, became more involved with how business and governments operate I realised how ridiculous it would be to try and plan such a thing.

What as you growing up, operating in the real world, met people and become involved in business/government told you what happened to WTC7 then? I'm assuming this is about the tower that collapsed near to where 9/11 happened.

To answer the thread question, well at the moment Yemen isn't looking that good, and the world is doing its best to ignore it.

Caporegime
A conspiracy generally exists because the truth hasnt been explained properly. When people ask questions they get branded a conspiracy theorist, and the question remains unanswered.

Can you give an example then where people have been labeled conspiracy nuts on here in a situation like that?

Caporegime

What as you growing up, operating in the real world, met people and become involved in business/government told you what happened to WTC7 then? I'm assuming this is about the tower that collapsed near to where 9/11 happened.

To answer the thread question, well at the moment Yemen isn't looking that good, and the world is doing its best to ignore it.

Growing up and realising the world is made up of largely normal people not faceless organisations and henchmen from video games and movies with vague bond villain esque motives?

Soldato
Growing up and realising the world is made up of largely normal people not faceless organisations and henchmen from video games and movies with vague bond villain esque motives?

I replied earlier because it sounded like because he'd done all that stuff he'd suddenly realised and got an answer. To me it sounds like he got tied up in the chatter of a conspiracy theory, then had better things to do.

So why did WTC7 collapse? I'm genuinely asking because I've not followed every detail of 9/11. But from what I can remember some parts were never officially explained, at least I never heard the answer.

Can you give an example then where people have been labeled conspiracy nuts on here in a situation like that?

I think merely asking questions about 9/11 immediately makes some people be labelled as conspiracy theorists. People should ask questions about everything imho. As someone said, the truth shall set us free!

For me I can always remember Bush, the day after I think, was making a statement about 9/11 and said something like they won't tolerate any outragious conspiracy theories. I think there is a youtube video somewhere of this. I can remember at the time thinking how odd that he would say that in the immediate aftermath of it when people were still in shock.

I always like to relate things to real life. If me and you were going out for a beer at a bar. We sat outside. I went in and came out with 2 beers. We had them and left the bar. Later in the evening I turned to you and said "now don't be thinking I've stolen them, and ignore any outragious questions people might ask". Would you think that was suspicious on my part?

Caporegime
For me I can always remember Bush, the day after I think, was making a statement about 9/11 and said something like they won't tolerate any outragious conspiracy theories. I think there is a youtube video somewhere of this. I can remember at the time thinking how odd that he would say that in the immediate aftermath of it when people were still in shock.

within days of 911 there were blatant fake news stories going around via e-mail re: how all "the jews" didn't go to work that day because they were tipped off by the Israeli embassy etc..

conspiraloon is generally aimed at those who come up with "alternative" explanations that union closer inspection often require rather unlikely events to occur or many different actors to collude together and generally aren't too plausible - like 9/11 being an inside job or the moon landings being faked etc..

I always like to relate things to real life. If me and you were going out for a beer at a bar. We sat outside. I went in and came out with 2 beers. We had them and left the bar. Later in the evening I turned to you and said "now don't be thinking I've stolen them, and ignore any outragious questions people might ask". Would you think that was suspicious on my part?

I'm not sure that is a good analogy, it doesn't seem to compare to any conspiracy theories

Soldato
within days of 911 there were blatant fake news stories going around via e-mail re: how all "the jews" didn't go to work that day because they were tipped off by the Israeli embassy etc.

Ok, I heard about those stories. I think the problem is that there was no information coming out and people wanted answers. I found the video were he says the line. It was on November 10th 2001 to the UN. It was such an odd thing for him to say though. Even if emails about jews were going around in nerdville it seemed out of place that he should be saying that at such a high profile event.

I had to listen to the video to get to the part were Bush said that line. The speech is interesting listening in hindsight.

Soldato
Oh I did read them, but there isn't a 3rd option of "He lied in court but tells the truth on his show"

You don't get to define the parameters of a question when you discover there are mitigating circumstances. To give you an example:

Me: "Did you kill this man?"
You: "Yes, but-"
Me: "Thank you. Sit down."
You: "but because he was about to attack me with a knife"
Me: "Nope, those weren't your options. You did or you didn't kill him"

o.0

Well, if he has to lie because his actual personality is worrying enough for a court to stop him from seeing his kids.....then it sounds like he shouldn't be seeing his kids in the first place! :eek:

That's exactly the wrong attitude. Who are you to judge what behavior is acceptable? That's also - ironically - a big problem with "Family" courts. They set such lofty expectations (that they allow one side to ignore) while simultaneously forcing it to be so for the other party. I would lie about something of that nature if it meant seeing my child(ren). And trust me, as a 6yr veteran of the "family" courts I've seen things that are downright abominable.

And I'm still chuckling about that one..:D

Good for you

Lets check out this inside knowledge he has that he's outraged that we don't take seriously..

I don't take everything the guy takes seriously of course not. However particularly when he was younger he did some big exposé's:
- Filmed Bohemia grove for the first time
- Spotlighted Bilderberg
- Filmed Police working with paid agitators (wasn't it at the G7 riots many years ago)
- reported stories not touched for days or even weeks after they occurred by MSM (cases in point: Mass sexual assaults on NY in Germany and across Europe/HSBC tax scandal a fair few years ago/publishing full videos or incidents rather than a very tight edit (migrants in Germany/fights and how they actually started).

Again, they aren't a main source of news, but Infowars/Breitbart/Online alternative media are winning the media platforms now. Some people (individual people) have four times the reach on Twitter as the BBCNews handle.

Its because people see the deceptiveness of the BBC in younger generations (and the TV media as a whole). There are hundreds of examples available.

Caporegime
- Filmed Bohemia grove for the first time
- Spotlighted Bilderberg

These two go straight into the 'So what?' basket.

- Filmed Police working with paid agitators (wasn't it at the G7 riots many years ago)

Evidence please.

- reported stories not touched for days or even weeks after they occurred by MSM (cases in point: Mass sexual assaults on NY in Germany and across Europe/HSBC tax scandal a fair few years ago/publishing full videos or incidents rather than a very tight edit (migrants in Germany/fights and how they actually started).

Evidence please. Also, you might want to check your facts on some of these.

'Report of mass sexual assault by refugees in Frankfurt was 'baseless', police say.'

'Bild Apologizes for False Article on Sexual Assaults in Frankfurt by Migrants.'

The HSBC tax scandal was exposed by whistleblower Herve Falciani, who stole a buttload of secret HSBC files in 2007. The files detailed transactions from 2005-2007, revealing the bank's tax evasion practices. Falciani passed the files to French authorities in 2008, and a formal investigation commenced in 2009.

Le Monde (not Infowars) had been investigating the story right from the start, and broke it in 2014. The files were made public for the first time in 2015, during the Swissleaks scandal.

Now, would you like to talk about Alex Jones' dozens of failed predictions, and his notorious habit of spreading fake news and conspiracy theories?

Again, they aren't a main source of news, but Infowars/Breitbart/Online alternative media are winning the media platforms now. Some people (individual people) have four times the reach on Twitter as the BBCNews handle.

They're using the time honoured 'old media' tactic of generating outrage for clicks. This is a tabloid tactic that's more than 100 years old. The only new thing about the so-called 'new media' is the method of delivery. In every other way, it's exactly the same as the 'old media.'

Its because people see the deceptiveness of the BBC in younger generations (and the TV media as a whole). There are hundreds of examples available.

Caporegime
I replied earlier because it sounded like because he'd done all that stuff he'd suddenly realised and got an answer. To me it sounds like he got tied up in the chatter of a conspiracy theory, then had better things to do.

So why did WTC7 collapse? I'm genuinely asking because I've not followed every detail of 9/11. But from what I can remember some parts were never officially explained, at least I never heard the answer.

being hit by hundreds/thousands of tones of debris, having huge multistory chunks ripped out of it and being on fire for hours?

also im not sure what the sismic result of something like WTC 1 &2 falling down nearby are but i bets its not great for structural integrity

I think merely asking questions about 9/11 immediately makes some people be labelled as conspiracy theorists. People should ask questions about everything imho. As someone said, the truth shall set us free!

here's a thought on that front, if these people want "truth" how many people "just asking questions" do you know who have read the NIST report?

https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/NCSTAR/ncstar1.pdf

oh it does answer WTC7 as well.

But from what I can remember some parts were never officially explained, at least I never heard the answer.

well now you too can have the answer in only 302 pages

Back
Top Bottom