Life in South Africa...

Caporegime
Africa. Where people openly firing off guns in the middle of the road in broad daylight...
they must be firing pellets though because people are using road signs as shields.

seems way risky, only takes one guy to get hit with a pellet and come back with a real gun.

they might think they are brave defending their stores, but it probably just escalates things

Caporegime
Some of the footage is quite shocking, though this clip is quite comical:

There are at least 3 police officers surrounding that guy and they're too lazy or incompetent to even chase after him or stop him then the other they just put in the van runs off too....

Warning though, some of the other stuff on twitter is deffo not for the faint-hearted and very NSFW!!! There is a video of a guy bleeding out while some Indian(?) guy filming him proceeds to mock him.... some of this stuff is like full-on race war stuff and getting quite dodgy - WhatsApp messages of Indians (presumably shop owners etc..) coordinating and warning about gangs of looters etc.. There seem to be "community defence groups" and security firms out in force taking potshots at looters etc.. Guardian mentioned 70+ dead but I doubt they've been able to account for them all so far.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Warning a single swear word in this one but they're talking about security companies running out of information and a big mob of people heading towards some neighbourhood because it's not yet burning:

That's crazy, not only is a firearm seemingly essential in parts of that country but imagine being put in the situation where you not only need a firearm to defend your home/neighbourhood against a horde of thousands but you're running low on ammunition and there simply aren't enough police to do anything.

Man of Honour
Warning a single swear word in this one but they're talking about security companies running out of information and a big mob of people heading towards some neighbourhood because it's not yet burning:

Is it sad I can recognise some of those people i.e. Anton from their voices and know what their company and/or YouTube channel is (not just the bit you linked).

Caporegime
Is it sad I can recognise some of those people i.e. Anton from their voices and know what their company and/or YouTube channel is (not just the bit you linked).

LOL, gotta wonder how Anton Leo is doing right now - is he dashing about in his little van trying to stop some of the looting.

edit - just realised Anton is the youtube channel/security company boss(?) and Leo is the driver from that earlier cash-in-transit robbery video.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hard to say none of these kind of companies have been posting anything on their social media the last few days.

EDIT: Anton is posting on FB - though mostly just sharing news.

Man of Honour
From Anton's FB (reposted from an acquaintance of his):

"Our small and fragile town of richmond is no more today...burnt down to the ground....not a single shop left......no food anywhere...the police helped with the looting.....thousands of young ppl did burning and shopping and left a pile of rubble.....spare a thought for us today.....God bless"

Several videos show some of the personnel from various security companies trying to defend communities but hard to tell what is going on.

LOL, gotta wonder how Anton Leo is doing right now - is he dashing about in his little van trying to stop some of the looting.

edit - just realised Anton is the youtube channel/security company boss(?) and Leo is the driver from that earlier cash-in-transit robbery video.

Yeah Anton runs an anti-hijacking response unit, there are a whole load of organisations like that out there (which I probably don't need to tell you heh). For some reason I get videos from them in my recommendations all the time.

Soldato
I thought those Americans were a bit crazy for buying so many bullets and GPMG's and assault rifles, but clearly i was wrong.

GPMG positions with some landscaping and you are pretty much immune from looting etc.

Soldato
This is a good example of what will be happening in the years to come with some areas of the world become uninhabitable. If people think everyone is just going to sit around and say "O well" think again, there will be madness in the streets. And when we start to let millions into the country it will only get worse.

Man of Honour
"...water treatment facility in Pietermaritzburg has been set on fire during unrests."

Some are claiming there is a lot of [politically motivated] targetted stuff going on rather than just random looting, violence and protests due to stuff like Zuma being arrested. That a lot of infrastructure is intentionally being attacked.

Caporegime
"Our small and fragile town of richmond is no more today...burnt down to the ground....not a single shop left......no food anywhere...the police helped with the looting.....thousands of young ppl did burning and shopping and left a pile of rubble.....spare a thought for us today.....God bless"

LOL reminds me of this clip from hurricane Katrina where a news crew found some police officers looting:

Soldato
Some are claiming there is a lot of [politically motivated] targetted stuff going on rather than just random looting, violence and protests due to stuff like Zuma being arrested. That a lot of infrastructure is intentionally being attacked.
Yeah I've heard claims about EFF strategically targeting food stores and other locations. But who knows.

I've seen the fuel stations burned, and the trucks that supply food stores also burned.

2xlx5RQ.jpeg

2 of the 6 ports closed due to security concerns: https://www.maritime-executive.com/...ared-as-violence-disrupts-south-african-ports

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I've heard claims about EFF strategically targeting food stores and other locations. But who knows.

I've seen the fuel stations burned, and the trucks that supply food stores also burned.

2xlx5RQ.jpeg

Surely that's still regional like I'm not sure it implies Ethiopian famine levels as a result, there are other parts of the country unaffected.

No doubt large number of hungry and angry individuals in that area though in coming days!

Interesting how twitter made a big song and dance about Trump but Malema, the EFF leader still has his account and is happy to stir this stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom