Life used to be simple; but now I've Scottished myself.

Soldato
I have Irish, Polish, French (or german, from alsace-lorraine, german name but french in identity, probably) somewhere along the line. Oh, and great grandfathers father wasn't really his father he was some titled gent who got the housemaid up the duff and she had to marry the chaffeur to hide the shame, apparently.

Would make a good Who Do You Think You Are programme, except I'm not famous. Pity that.

Depends on how far you want to go back, in theory we all came from the first men and woman on this earth.

Adam and Eve, gotcha.

P.S. don't say that to the Chinese government, according to state policy they all evolved in china separate from everyone else.

Also, you are now a heroine addict.

You have a sudden hankering for chick lit novels, Bridget Jones Diary and Jane Austen?

Last edited:

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I always thought that my Grandfather from my mothers side was Romanian, but it was recently discovered that he was actually Austrian, Making me 25% Austrian, 25% Polish and 50% South African British Colonialist :eek:

Best of all? I'm an Irish Citizen :D

Permabanned
Blood wise I'm half Scots half English. My English bloodline comes from my mothers side. My fathers line goes back to William the conquerer and knights who were then invited to settle in lower Scotland; one of my ancestors was singurlarly responsible for fighting and saving the independence of the Scottish Crown. All without raising so much as a sword. I wonder if I can follow in his illustrious footsteps.

And checking.. most of the friends on OcUK are English not Scottish actually! ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

We've tried to trace our family tree but once we go back a few generations it seems a member of the family couldn't read or write and must have spelt the surname wrong, because the trail goes cold.

I know I have ties to German ancestors, but nothing in the immediate 4 generations.

Back
Top Bottom