Lighting Up London

Associate
The HMS Belfast's guns are busy flashing outside my office window righ tnow. I'm going to check it out with my camera tomorrow night

Associate
i think i might take a look during next week, not so many people around in the evenings to bump the tripod. Anyone know what the wind is likely to be like?

Associate
My blog entry for the other day

img-4593_8-switched-on-london-panorama_partial.jpg

Click here for full-width image…

On Sunday evening I travelled to the Pool of London, which is the stretch of the Thames between Tower Bridge and London Bridge. I was lured there (which is tricky, as I work there, and being lured to your workplace on a Sunday is tough) by the promise of some amazing lights at the Switched-On London festival.

I was, to be frank, completely underwhelmed. The website promised so much and yet failed to deliver. I should really have read the small print, which indicates that many of the designs on the website are just concepts.

Still, it wasn’t an entirely wasted trip - I came away with some shots. This is the first, a panoramic shot showing the whole Pool of London. Locals can try and spot the difference in the lighting…

Associate
AdWright said:
Locals can try and spot the difference in the lighting…

Go one then, I give up! ;)

I went last night, very dissapointing. It was raining lightly but it was so carp I couldn't even be bothered to set up the 'pod.

Associate
OP
I must admit Adam I was also a bit disappointed after a walk round on Friday night, I thought H.M.S Belfast was the only real landmark that they had added any light's to.

Stunning shot there mate very impressive well done.

Associate
Mohain said:
Go one then, I give up! ;)

Well, Hay's Wharf has a few blue/green lights.
The Belfast isn't bad.
City Hall changes hues slightly.
Part of the Tower of London is lit up red (not seen in this shot though).

Here are some other shots:
img_4592_belfast_2.jpg

img_4600.jpg

img_4605_city_hall.jpg

Associate
Very nice Adwright :)

The City Hall wasn't doing that sort of thing when I was down there. Perhaps I should go again before it's all over.

Associate
I went to see yesterday and I must admit, it was really poor display.
The weather was cold, windy and I'm not happy with the end result. :mad:

I only had time for 15 shots before meeting up with my other half for dinner.

_MG_2294.jpg

_MG_2303.jpg

_MG_2304.jpg

Back
Top Bottom