Lil bro just started driving, first car

Associate
hey guys

my lil bro has just started driving and is in need of a first car.
when i first started i drove a small 1.2 corsa (awsome thing!... not) but he wants something a little larger.
I was thiking a mondeo from around '96 cos there so damn cheap and you get good equipment.
Insurance shouldnt be to much of a problem as hes in a pretty good area (countryside, small village, west sussex), very nr me.
anyway, back the mondy, a 1.8 would be fine, not to much power, not to little.
what u gyus think?
i know fox is insured on a 200bhp mondy at 19? or is it 21?
anyways, advice please :)
thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
Consigliere
Mondeos may be cheap but be careful on the insurance, i was quoted at least £900 for a 1.6 litre. Could always try a Fiat 5 door or some of the Citroens?

Associate
OP
SideWinder said:
Mondeos may be cheap but be careful on the insurance, i was quoted at least £900 for a 1.6 litre. Could always try a Fiat 5 door or some of the Citroens?

fiat = fix it again tomorrow ;)
citrown - an old citroen really wont be as reliable as an older mondeo (well, i doubt it)

Soldato
SideWinder said:

:confused:

Am I missing something here?

£900 for a 1.6 is good.

Man of Honour
Chris01 said:
LOL, is it the aspen? or something like that really is the pits?

Originally, yea, has windup windows in the front, it has no remote locking, it has no AC, it has NOTHING. They even took the bumpstrips off the side, it completely defeats the point of getting a Mondeo.

They later did a 1.6 LX as well, has the bare essentials have AC and electric windows but it's still got the gutless 1.6 in it.

Soldato
get him an uber rare 1.4 mondeo :) :) :)

yup they do exist :)

and make it a saloon not a hatch and you'll see the price drop some more

Back
Top Bottom