Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Man of Honour
Hi David,

We published our quarterly newsletter today.

Although we are excited to share our best ever pricing with you, please note the '3 months free*' offer included in the newsletter dated 26th April 2022, is only available to those in a live LilaConnect area.

For updates on when your area will become live, please keep an eye on your emails over the coming months.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

The LilaConnect Team

*3 months free - offer ends 31/07/2022

So basically when I get turned on in August the offer ends

Associate
Weirdly I had an email from them the other day saying my area is now live, however I've had it installed since January 2021. Definitely issues with go live for different areas.

OcUK Staff
My street is "done" as in they've laid all the ground works for months, but they have been digging around the estate and it looks almost complete. They told me it should be ready in a couple of months. I'm relying on a 4G/5G router at the moment (the builders never installed fibre at all on this new build estate) which can be fast sometimes, but it's very unreliable, especially with the ping and disconnection issues. I can be watching a TV show and I have to RR the router 2 or 3 times. Same when playing games on my PC, and even video calls when I'm working!

So getting 1Gig line will certainly make my life less stressful! I just hope Lilaconnect fulfil the promise of it being installed in a couple of months, I am so impatient right now as this will make my life a lot easier.

I noticed there's a few ISPs to choose from, is there a best one, or does it not really matter because the line is going to be super fast anyway?

Associate
My street is "done" as in they've laid all the ground works for months, but they have been digging around the estate and it looks almost complete. They told me it should be ready in a couple of months. I'm relying on a 4G/5G router at the moment (the builders never installed fibre at all on this new build estate) which can be fast sometimes, but it's very unreliable, especially with the ping and disconnection issues. I can be watching a TV show and I have to RR the router 2 or 3 times. Same when playing games on my PC, and even video calls when I'm working!

So getting 1Gig line will certainly make my life less stressful! I just hope Lilaconnect fulfil the promise of it being installed in a couple of months, I am so impatient right now as this will make my life a lot easier.

I noticed there's a few ISPs to choose from, is there a best one, or does it not really matter because the line is going to be super fast anyway?
I'm with Breeze and never had issues with them and I have a static/public IP also as the default is CGNAT. In regards to other providers, when I check my account area, I only have the option to choose Lila as the ISP now. From what I saw, Lila undercut all of them by at least £10 per month so there was no point in the other ISP's offering a service. You can get a static/public IP address from Lila so you're not behind the CGNAT.

Soldato
I'm with Breeze and never had issues with them and I have a static/public IP also as the default is CGNAT. In regards to other providers, when I check my account area, I only have the option to choose Lila as the ISP now. From what I saw, Lila undercut all of them by at least £10 per month so there was no point in the other ISP's offering a service. You can get a static/public IP address from Lila so you're not behind the CGNAT.
That costs an extra £6 a month from lila but is worth it imo. Still way cheaper than alternatives (and much faster ofc..)

Soldato
anyone with Lila connect had anyone issue and used their support, thinking of moving from VM, although VM has been pretty much flawless for me over years! extra speed would be nice :)

Man of Honour
anyone with Lila connect had anyone issue and used their support, thinking of moving from VM, although VM has been pretty much flawless for me over years! extra speed would be nice :)

I'm waiting for Lila to contact me in August to say it's all go then I'm ringing VM retentions to get a better deal.
If they don't give better deals Lila will wipe the floor with them.

OcUK Staff
I am yet to experience Lila, the cables have been down in the ground on my street for months. I should be connected between July-Aug. I can't wait to connect, so I'm not using this 5G Router that I have to restart every 30 minutes! :D

Soldato
I had to contact them to get a public I.P and they replied via email within minutes and had it setup probably less than 15mins after my enquiry.

Soldato
I think something is happening. Every ISP caps all Internet in my street to 40mbits after passing the change of mind month but now they're letting me have 55mbits. Plus Lilo adverts on Facebook (unless OCUK sell viewer info to FB).
Is anyone being allowed to have this giga Internet in the Meir area yet?

Associate
Just got this installed. Is the hub any good or should I be looking for third party one. I use for gaming and maybe bit of oculus VR.
How do I know if I got my static Ip which I'm paying extra.
Cant wait to ring Virgin and tell them to do one though if this turns out alright.

Associate
That's where my Dad lived until he passed away a couple of months ago - Oldfield Street.
Haven't you only just had the cables put down?
They were installed about 3 or 4 months ago in our residential street. Thought I might give them a go since I spend half my life stuck in roadworks because of them around the city as I drive for a living.
It just been installed today, no issues and they done a good job, not left mess even though they had to dig up some pavement outside because the connection was outside the neighbours and not mine.

Back
Top Bottom