Linkin Park - Living Things (New Album)

Soldato
There are a couple of weak songs on there, notably Runaway, A Place For My Head and Forgotten.

The rest of it is pretty special, it sounded very fresh at the time.

Hybrid Theory & Meteora are two albums out of only a few in the world where I love every single track. I guess that's what made A Thousand Suns so disappointing - I think the only track I enjoyed on that album was "Blackout".

Caporegime
Hybrid Theory was great, Meteora wasn't as good but still a good album.

I saw them live in 04 and they were incredible.

A thousand suns and minutes to midnight were complete dump.

Had a listen to the new track, as expected, garbage.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm a massive LP fan. And while i'm not too keen on A Thousand Suns i went to see them at the O2 arena just after it was released and they were awesome. Played plenty of their older stuff still.

Hybrid Theory is definately the best album they've done but i still really like their other albums. That new track sounds quite good to me.

Will look forward to the release of the new album

Soldato
Just had my first listen...

Pretty bland and boring in my opinion :( Am still looking forward to hearing the whole album, but at the moment I'm not that impressed :(

Soldato
Just had my first listen...

Pretty bland and boring in my opinion :( Am still looking forward to hearing the whole album, but at the moment I'm not that impressed :(

I agree, it's pretty bland. I listened to that track then loaded up some older stuff and it is SO much better

Caporegime
Hmmmm...

I love LP, one of if not my favourite band (old stuff), I know bands have to grow and expand and explore etc etc ... it still sounds good though. I've missed Mike's rapping :cool:, need a bit less of Chester trying to 'sing' tbh. Will still 100% by the album though because I love them.

DcD

DcD

Associate
The thing is I have no problem with bands changing their sound, most of my favourite artists have changed significantly over their career....the problem is LP went from a fairly unique sound to something that sounded like a bland, pale shadow of their earlier stuff. They just lost their spark imo.

Totally agreed.

They went from a band that produced some absolutely brilliantly unique music that (as far as I know) no one else could do to that standard, and then swapped it all in for pop sound-a-like ****... I'm disappointed, and havent followed Linkin Park since they dropped Minutes to Midnight.

Caporegime
Actually Minutes to Midnight was formulaic pop rock that has been done about 500 times before, nothing in that album that came close to matching the same sort of energy of Hybrid Theory. I liked the last album particularly because it was different and it moved of from the dull music they were making before. It's much more interesting to hear a band progress in sound rather than make the same album they did ten years ago.

Man of Honour
I can still name every single track from HT without looking it up, and know most of the words.

I can't name more than one from MtM and none of the song lyrics are overly standout. I found it just not a memorable album.

Associate
OP
UK Pre-sale coming 23/04/2012

New Linkin Park music is here.

"BURN IT DOWN" is the first single from our new album, LIVING THINGS, and you can hear it now on LinkinPark.com.

LIVING THINGS will be released on 25 June. Our exclusive LinkinPark.com pre-order will launch in the UK on 23 April. Stay tuned for more information on that.

Until then, click here to get "BURN IT DOWN" on iTunes.

-Brad, Chester, Joe, Mike, Phoenix, and Rob

TRACKLIST:
1. LOST IN THE ECHO
2. IN MY REMAINS
3. BURN IT DOWN
4. LIES GREED MISERY
5. I'LL BE GONE
6. CASTLE OF GLASS
7. VICTIMIZED
8. ROADS UNTRAVELED
9. SKIN TO BONE
10. UNTIL IT BREAKS
11. TINFOIL
12. POWERLESS

Via linkinpark mailing list

So the pre-order went live on linkinpark.com last night, however UK fans can't access this until the 23rd???

We can now get "Burn It Down" from iTunes here.

However the pre-sale, doesn't look that good anyway, CD or digital copy with the option of adding LPU and Subscription To LIVING THINGS REMIXED. (You Will Receive One New Remix Per Month For The Next 8 Months.)

So from the 23rd UK fans can go here and pre-order. I think i'll grab "Burn It Down" from iTunes and wait to see if there are any other pre-sale options later.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't like it :(

Hope the rest of the album isn't as poo as minutes to midnight.

edit:- I completely forgot they did A Thousand Suns shows how good that album was too!

Soldato
Minutes to Midnight does really seem like a Marmite album among LP fans... I think pretty much all LP fans agree though that A Thousand Suns was not their greatest work...

Ok, I just listened to it again, doing the one thing you must do with LP songs... Turned it up... Anyway, the Bass didn't quite hit me like I'd have liked... But generally speaking I don't mind the song. That said, if this is the first single released from the new album, I really hope it isn't the best song on the album...

kd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom