Linkin Park - Living Things (New Album)

Associate
Surprised i havent seen any mention of LP recently...didnt know this track exsisted! HT and Reanimation were my favourite albums. As a fan i have hope! Minutes to midnight wasnt that bad...a thousand Suns was a good listen the first few times then...it .. died for me :o

Soldato
They've not done anything good since Master of puppets....

This made me lol :D

---

I don't fully understand when people say "They're growing as a band and experimenting which is good for them" - They may be "Growing as a band", but they're slowly growing into a band I don't like :(

The change in music in A Thousand Suns was just too radical of a change of pace :(

Soldato
New song seems ok, just a little bland...
I'm going to give a thousand suns another listen through now, I dismissed it after the first listen a couple of years ago.

Love their other albums though, and they were fantastic live when I saw them at project revolution

Caporegime
It's not just me that doesn't like the direction they're taking. They're turning into a different band - they may well change their band name :p

Can you say hand on heart that you listen to the exact same music as you did 10 years ago? Probably not... It's about 100 times worse when you make the same music as you did 10 years ago, it's boring. If you want another Hybrid Theory, just listen to Hybrid Theory :p

Soldato
There's experimenting with a band's sound and there's just sounding bland and uninteresting, which IMO linkin park have become.

Incubus are, to me, an example of a band that changes the sound of their music while still producing interesting songs

Associate
Hybrid Theory was a pretty special album when it was released all those years ago.
Meteora was more of the same, except not as special. Still love these two albums though.
Minutes To Midnight, well, I don't like it really. A couple mod good tracks but it's just boring to my ears.
I absolutely LOVE A Thousand Suns, a radical change yes, but to me, it was a very welcome one.

Now onto the new single, and well. I'm not sure I like it. It's just a bit bland, and nothing really happens. The song goes nowhere.

I'll be buying the album on release anyway, so fingers crossed. I just really hope they don't follow the dubsteppy-metally-crossover thing too much.

Associate
OP
NME Interview & "Burn It Down" video clips

Linkin Park promise to 'get back to their roots' on 'Living Things'

But Mike Shinoda says the band haven't returned to their early nu-metal sound

NME Interview with Mike here

BURN IT DOWN Music Video Clips in NBA 2012 Playoffs Video

Associate
OP
Can you say hand on heart that you listen to the exact same music as you did 10 years ago? Probably not... It's about 100 times worse when you make the same music as you did 10 years ago, it's boring. If you want another Hybrid Theory, just listen to Hybrid Theory :p

Couldn't agree more :)

Associate
Haven't properly listened to Linkin Park since Meteora. I love Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Meteora. I'll give it a listen but I did see a LP video when they were in a desert? and it didn't sound very good to me but we'll see when I get home :)

Soldato
I actually listened to Fake Sound of Progress in the car this morning :D

Lostprophets, another band that lost their sound and became bland as ****.

Yup, first two albums are excellent and then they went...I hate to use this word...Emo!

Apparently their latest album is a return to form but haven't checked it out yet.

Man of Honour
I actually listened to Fake Sound of Progress in the car this morning :D

Lostprophets, another band that lost their sound and became bland as ****.

Woah woah woah, their debut is an awful album! It's so bad :o

The first two songs, the highlights, are bland and forgettable, let alone the fact that the Shinobi riff is rehashed for a later song.

Back
Top Bottom