Linkin Park - Living Things (New Album)

Associate
OP
Having listened through it several times, here are my thoughts (scored out of 5 per track):

1. "Lost in the Echo" - 5/5
2. "In My Remains" - 5/5
3. "Burn It Down" 4/5
4. "Lies Greed Misery" - 2/5
5. "I'll Be Gone" - 5/5
6. "Castle of Glass" - 5/5
7. "Victimized" - 1/5
8. "Roads Untraveled" - 4/5
9. "Skin to Bone" - 3/5
10. "Until It Breaks" - 2/5
11. "Tinfoil" - Instrumental and short so N/A
12. "Powerless" - 4/5

Couldn't think of a better way to represent what I thought to the album so that will do, anyone else similar?

Almost the same for me actually, apart from LGM which i like so would 5/5 and TINFOIL was actually the working title for POWERLESS so i treat it as one track and it's also a 5/5 :)

And VICTIMIZED I would put at 2/5 or 3/5 But UNTIL IT BREAKS is the weakest track for me, maybe that will be a remix track one month?

J

Soldato
I've listened to this a few times now and overall I'd say it's probably their worst album to date. It's not that it's terrible, just that there are only a few good songs and the rest just seem like filler. A Thousand Suns wasn't great, but it had a certain narrative to it and I don't really see that here.

Soldato
Quite frankly if they hadn't gained my loyalty with Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Reanimation, I wouldn't have stuck with them so long.

They've got gradually worse with each album and this is a disgrace. *sad face*

Soldato
Really disappointed with this one. Had high hopes for it played it a few times to see if it grew on me and have decided I don't have the time to do that these days on the off chance it turns around for me. Glad it was a Spotify listen and not a purchase.

Associate
OP
Well everyone has different views on the album, personally i love it i still stand by my track scores above and i'm not like all the tracks as much as each other but i'm happy with the CD.

What i'm not happy with however in the Share to earn thing, which it now seem they are changing the prizes of it was stated:

The top 100 sharers will get a hand-burned LIVING THINGS CD, signed and labeled by the band.

This now seems to not be happening following a post be Chester congratulating the top 1 and 10 and stating that the top 1000 would be emailed, that email then only talked about the top 1000 prize of:

The top 1,000 will get a new, exclusive photo of the band that won't be used again.

So it appears after spend a lot of time promoting the album i wouldn't be getting the CD?

Associate
OP
Well sent an email to the support and as if by magic the email regarding the top 100 gets sent out, lol.

Congratulations. You are receiving this email because you are in the top 100 of our LIVING THINGS Share to Earn program. You will be received a hand burned and signed copy of LIVING THINGS.

Please note that it might be a few weeks until you receive your CD. Also, as per the official Share to Earn rules, you must have a valid US, Canada or UK address to be eligible for prizing.

Thank you and congratulations.

Will post a picture when it gets here :)

J

Caporegime
Been listening to Hybrid Theory for the past week or so on the drive into work, pretty much non stop...... what an awesome album, literally one where you can play all the way through without skipping (bar Cure for the Itch)

Oh how the mighty have fallen :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Been listening to Hybrid Theory for the past week or so on the drive into work, pretty much non stop...... what an awesome album, literally one where you can play all the way through without skipping (bar Cure for the Itch)

Oh how the mighty have fallen :(

Indeed! I can easily listen to both HT and Meteora without skipping, which is rare to find these days...

But their latest attempts have been a disaster :(

Back
Top Bottom