Linkin Park - One More Light (New Album)

Associate
Hey all,

Linkin Park are set to release their new album, One More Light soon and the first song from it was released today, another marmite album?

Heavy - (Explicit)

J.

Soldato
Is it really that bad tho. Its a good marketing ploy. Not release anything for ages and an album up and coming what better way to get people talking than to release something people were not expecting and get talked about.
Quite a brilliant ploy to be honest.

Soldato
I stopped listening to them post Meteora. Still love Hybrid Theory and really enjoyed the Reanimation album.

oh I thought MtM was a great album. It was a thousand suns that lost me, even though i enjoyed the lead single (The catalyst)

This, well. I don't know. It might grow on me as something i hear on the radio, you know, but it's nothing special in any way. strange, they are a crazy talented bunch but i 've just not liked much of anything they've done post-MtM.

Permabanned
Is it really that bad tho. Its a good marketing ploy. Not release anything for ages and an album up and coming what better way to get people talking than to release something people were not expecting and get talked about.
Quite a brilliant ploy to be honest.

Is it though? I'm not even entertaining the notion of picking it up now, whereas before I was quietly intrigued.

Soldato
Linkin Pop. So :(

Going in a different "direction" or experimental defence doesn't wash in this instance, they now just sound like any old crap on the radio.

Muse are still OK, Deftones are still awesome and Metallica still do new stuff. That's how you evolve your sound. Not this. No this is something that would only be acceptable on 1st April.

Associate
OP
I would have to agree with what most of you have said. I'm a big fan of LP seen them live a few times, purchased all their albums and a few limited edition versions too but nope this isn't doing it for me. I will listen to the album when it's released and see what the whole sound is like but it could be the first of their albums I don't buy.

Caporegime
Honestly wouldn't have thought it was them. I would have guessed it was one of the Jonas brothers or someone equally as rubbish...

They should have called it quits after Hybrid Theory.

Soldato
I quite liked Meteora and reainimation. Minutes to midnight was ok as well. But not listened to anything from them after that, 2007.

Back
Top Bottom