1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Litecoin/Altcoin (Scrypt) Mining

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by hanluc, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Voicon

Wise Guy

I have a whole Litecoin :p

2. ozaudio

Mobster

Biffa would a few 7950's pay for them self aswell as your 2 soon to be 3? Monster 4p sert ups. Defantly worth considering giving up a couple of titans for :D

3. Hukkel

Hitman

I am curious, has anyone of you ever pulled out real money to your banc account or Paypal account? As in euros, pounds, dollars. Or is everyone just harvesting litecoins and bitcoins untill one day perhaps they can get money from it?

I thought it was illegal in a lot of countries since you don't pay income tax.

4. ToxicTBag

Soldato

First gpu arrived yesterday spent the day trying to get a display from it in the end decided it must be dl dvi not working so have a displayport cable coming today ..... seconds out round 2 and thank you for your input sir much appreciated :)

:eek::D Well done you .... save me some!!

5. RimBlock

Wise Guy

I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and have found the following;
    • GUIMiner really didn't work well for me.
    • Reaper was ok.
    • CGMiner has got the best results with my cards so far.
    • Not all video cards will work the same, even the same models from one manufacturer.
    I have two MSI 7950s (3GB standard) and am running on a dedicated C2D 8400 with 4GB ddr2 ram and a laptop hdd.
    One GPU will do around 650Mhash and the other will only do 550Mhash with the same settings. The second GPUs temp sky rockets and then it fails. I suspect badly applied TIM but have not taken the heatsink off yet.

I am cooling with two server fans sitting on top of the cards. These have taken around 15c of the GPU temps. The air coming off is barely warm now and the cards are sitting around 78c.

So running combined for around 1100Mhash, Coinotron is giving around 2.3 LTC/day which translates to around US$240 / month minus expenses.

Any better pools ?.

6. Hukkel

Hitman

Have you tried getting money out of the system so far?

I never read about people actually getting money from it. Does anyone have personal experience with this?

7. RimBlock

Wise Guy

Not tried yet. Only 10 LTC in the bank so far :D.

I did find it extremely hard to get money in to the ecosystem though especially as I am not in the US or UK.

I am now registered with MtGrox and so can do a bank transfer but have not done it yet.

Coinotron suffered a brute force attack late last week / early this week so I now have a new 47 character password (ok, passphrase :)).

8. Hukkel

Hitman

In the past I have looked into it, now this thread has spiked my interest as in I am interested in knowing how this works. But after some reading and searching I have never found someone that said that he did some exchanging and has actually received money in his Paypal account or something. So therefore I ask. even if it is only 25 euros or dollars or pounds. Someone show me this system works and doesn't just end up being only virtual money to use in a virtual world and gambling places and such. I could only do this if there would be a trustable experience of someone that actually got money out of the system.

9. Biffa

Man of Honour

As soon as I get one Bitcoin I'll do a transfer, however all the little charges that apply whenever you do transactions whether they be a % or a 0.001 of a LTC its not worth doing it for a couple of bucks.

Plus the paypal charge is like 6%

But definitely once I have an actual Bitcoin I'm not leaving it hanging around.

10. Hukkel

Hitman

Yeah I understand, but I am just wondering if someone with first hand experience would comment about it. If it was hard, if it cost more than a rediculous amount of %s, etc.

11. Biffa

Man of Honour

why don't you try it and let us know :)

12. Hukkel

Hitman

hahaha you're right. It is easy to ask and let someone else take the risk. But since you were all talking about it like you had done it for a while already I thought one of you might have actually done it.

13. ToxicTBag

Soldato

Display port cable came .... same darn problem until I realised there was some errrr ..... NVidia stuff still lurking on my hd removed it and all up n running now.
    Going to do a clean windows install and setup mining tonight :D

14. Biffa

Man of Honour

I'll be up ripping machines apart with me bare hands in the garage so will give you a call at some ungodly hour and see how you are getting on.

Either that or fall asleep on the sofa. ...

15. hanluc

Wise Guy

You might have to use another pool Tony, looks like the give-me-ltc servers are down :(

16. ToxicTBag

Soldato

Lines are open 24-7 sir just installed windows setting up programs about 1 hour to launch :D

I signed up this afternoon in anticipation does it mean i need to go elsewhere, what would you recomend just to get started ? Thanks :)

17. Mattus

Capodecina

Give-me-ltc is up for me. Got three whole litecoins now :p Think I'm going to hoard all my output in the hope that the LTC/BTC exchange rate increases (perhaps when LTC are added to Mt. Gox).

Really wish I'd been involved with this from the beginning. Could have built up quite a stash when the difficulty was 0.1 or something. Was reading a thread on another forum about a guy who had 25,000 BTC stolen. That's over $3m at today's prices!

18. Biffa

Man of Honour

19. danewesley

Mobster

i have been using we mine ltc pool, quite good so far.

20. ToxicTBag

Soldato

Will give that a try dane thank you :)