Living next door to ******?

Man of Honour
Having looked after a patient who was from the Irish traveling community...
The behaviour of the relatives were absolutely disgusting. Turning up drunk to the ward, fighting on the ward, swearing and nearly turning violent to staff, other patients and relatives. Heck one of them also had the cheek to steal the TV in the relatives room.
The amount of times we had to call the police in...
Heck I wouldn't want to live near them even if I get paid :/
And the worst part was knowing how loaded they were lol...and all probably from ill-gotten gains

Man of Honour
Having looked after a patient who was from the Irish traveling community...
The behaviour of the relatives were absolutely disgusting. Turning up drunk to the ward, fighting on the ward, swearing and nearly turning violent to staff, other patients and relatives. Heck one of them also had the cheek to steal the TV in the relatives room.
The amount of times we had to call the police in...
Heck I wouldn't want to live near them even if I get paid :/
And the worst part was knowing how loaded they were lol...and all probably from ill-gotten gains

That, not unreasonably, must have driven you nuts.
What I find difficult to comprehend, is that there are organisations, like The Gypsy Council, who advise them of their rights, and seek to paint them as a civilised respectable travelling community, just wishing to live their lives and to be left alone.
No one in their right mind would want to be anywhere near them, let alone speak in their defence.

Soldato
Surprised I missed this thread.

I have dealt with travellers a fair bit in my business. We used to sell quad bikes. we do not any more. Specifically, children’s.

I will say the 70 percent plus are 10000% fine. The 30 % missing are problems and really not worth the 70% of customers who are fine. Its a shame. They are fairly loyal, have family values and the like but the issue it its within their network and beyond they do what they want.

A traveller i have dealt with for years calls once in a while looking for bits, last year he went to switzland to clean driveways with a few others. This year (he called a week ago) they were in Canada... Canada cleaning drives?

They went as a group of 5. Rented a F150, rented a place to stay and rented a pressure wash. After a few weeks they bought a pressure wash and stayed out there 4 months.

I said to one of my employees . You have to tip your cap. I know of many people saying there is no work , on the dole etc. These guys are out earning a graft wherever will pay.

That said the only time i have ever had a issue in my business is with travellers. I was threatened with violence, sending the lads down, robbing me, etc etc. Hence why we no longer do it. We were not even being unreasonable in anything we did

Permabanned
Why....and do expand!

Whoosh........

ally called, when she got the word She said "I suppose you've heard about Alice" Well, I rushed to the window, and I looked outside And I could hardly believe my eyes This big limousine pulled slowly into Alice's drive Oh, I don't know why she's leaving, or where she's gonna go I guess she's got her reasons but I just don't want to know 'Cause for twenty four years I've been living next door to Alice Twenty four years, just waitin' for a chance To tell her how I'm feeling, maybe get a second glance Now I've gotta get used to not living next door to Alice Grew up together, two kids in the park Carved our initials deep in the bark me and Alice Now she walks to the door, with her head held high Just for a moment, I caught her eye As the big limousine pulled slowly out of Alice's drive

Man of Honour
I lived on the Isle of dogs for several years, and went to school in Greenwich, and now have to visit Kensington and Chelsea several times a year. It's a ****hole.

To paraphrase Angel, circa 1977;

People runnin' 'round they ask to talk awhile
They say you're lookin' fine but you just smile
You may be fooling someone but you're not fooling me.…

Associate
They only choose to live in carvans so they got no fixed address they can be bailed to i.e. they hope courts / police will have a hard to checking them to see if they are repeat offenders.

They are crime factorys on wheels.

alx

alx

Soldato
They only choose to live in carvans so they got no fixed address they can be bailed to i.e. they hope courts / police will have a hard to checking them to see if they are repeat offenders.

They are crime factorys on wheels.

If they are repeat offenders wouldn't they have finger prints in the system from the first time? Genuine question - I don't know the ins and outs of the system.

Back
Top Bottom