1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local social media marketplaces

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terley, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Vargas

Mobster

I see that all to often. Or “would you accept xxx for the item as I live in the area and can collect anytime”

I sold a huge amount on eBay recently and haven’t had a single issue with any buyer. None of my items are electrical, no chance of them turning up faulty.

2. tom_e

Man of Honour

Item up for £200 message of "75 can collect now" 5 minutes later "send your address" that's another good one.

3. Vargas

Mobster

Class :D

4. chaparral

Capodecina

It amazing seeing how some items loose there value so fast compared to other items

I.E These 2 item most be about the same age
    Xbox One X new cost about £450 they buy for £200
    Samsung S8 new cost about £650 they buy for £162 :eek:

5. HangTime

Man of Honour

S8 is an outdated model whereas XOX is top of the line. If S8 was still the flagship model I suspect it would be similar.

6. Kutter

Mobster

Got offered $30 for my $700 snowblower, i think some people just spam low offers incase some numpty says yes.

7. chrcoluk

Mobster

When my sister sold one of my old phones on facebook marketplace some of the offers were truly ridiculous, someone chanced a £20 offer for a 2 year old flagship.

I get some lowball offers on ebay at times but that site is nowhere near as bad as facebook for lowballing.

8. terley

Wise Guy

Well the Xbox is sold now, ended up getting 7-8 texts and a similar number of facebook messages after one day.. Definitley could have gone for £250-300, but i needed the quick sale.. Still a bit baffled by the £140 offer lmao

9. Scania

Capodecina

I’ve been selling some crap on the local faceache groups, one was an old Dyson, I put it up for £30 and a guy messaged to say I’ll give you £15,so I replied that’s fine, I’ll saw it in half and you can collect....

Ok send address was the response:p

10. Marvt74

Capodecina

I quite like the "I'll buy this for £20" when you have it up for £100. I sometimes reply with "No, you won't"

11. mrbell1984

Capodecina

It's called supply and demand, suck it up and just say no if you don't want to sell it at that price. OR put in your add, "no offers".

This will be my reply from now if anyone ever offers me half price! funny.

12. tom_e

Man of Honour

You're wasting your key strokes.

13. ubern00b

Mobster

If there is one thing I have learnt from selling things on FB Marketplace it's that people absolutely do not read the advert. They look at pictures and don't even bother looking at the price most of the time.

14. bazzabear

Wise Guy

I quite like using these groups to sell, as it's very low effort, don't have to post, and you might sell it nice and quickly. But you do get chancers, like everywhere.

My favourite is when you have a post listing several items for sale, and they just send you a message with the automatic "is this still for sale" text. Am I supposed to read their mind to gather which particular item they're talking about?

I had a guy engage with me for a great long conversation about a set of speakers, finding out all about them and deciding they were perfect for him ... then offered half the price for them. He was perfectly polite throughout though, so to be honest I had no issue with it.