Logan Paul vs ksi pro fight 9th nov

Soldato
They've gone pro so no headguards and 10oz gloves.

Can't say I'm a boxing fan but I'll be watching this, how about you?

Soldato
Well they are at least having a fight and not a sparring session. I’m not sure what I think of it. Neither are boxers and I worry a little about if they can take proper shots or how are prepared they are. My main concern is a few years of boxing will usually separate those that are genetically capable of taking punches and those who aren’t. Stepping in the ring with 10oz gloves is very different to that sparring fight they had. What weight is the fight at?

Soldato
Well they are at least having a fight and not a sparring session. I’m not sure what I think of it. Neither are boxers and I worry a little about if they can take proper shots or how are prepared they are. My main concern is a few years of boxing will usually separate those that are genetically capable of taking punches and those who aren’t. Stepping in the ring with 10oz gloves is very different to that sparring fight they had. What weight is the fight at?
Honestly who cares? If they're willing to risk all that for more money and 'fame' (of which they have plenty already) then I have absolutely no sympathy if anything happens.

Why is it a farce in your opinion? Just out of interest on your points.

If it brings a MASSIVE audience to boxing, potential revenue to boxing as a sport, etc. Why is that a bad thing?
I highly doubt the kind of people that will tune into the fight will care about boxing after it's over, they're watching it for the names, not the sport. It's two complete narcissists seeking attention and money, it's not some legitimate bout worth watching.

Soldato
I highly doubt the kind of people that will tune into the fight will care about boxing after it's over, they're watching it for the names, not the sport. It's two complete narcissists seeking attention and money, it's not some legitimate bout worth watching.

"It's two complete narcissists seeking attention and money" the same could be said about many boxers, UFC fighters etc.

They might indeed be watching the fight for the influences, but lets say the people on the undercard give a good show too (which they will) that might indeed convert some of the audience into boxing fans.

It has more potential to increase viewing numbers and revenue for the sport, than to try nothing at all.

Soldato
"It's two complete narcissists seeking attention and money" the same could be said about many boxers, UFC fighters etc.

They might indeed be watching the fight for the influences, but lets say the people on the undercard give a good show too (which they will) that might indeed convert some of the audience into boxing fans.

It has more potential to increase viewing numbers and revenue for the sport, than to try nothing at all.
If you can't understand the difference between YouTube personalities putting on a fight to boost their own ego and wallets and professional fighters who've dedicated their whole lives training making a living then I don't really know what to say.

Again, if they're watching for Logan Paul v. KSI I highly doubt they'll pay any attention at all to the undercard. If anything it's an embarrassment to the sport and highlights what a money focused, ******** of a sport it has become in recent years.

Soldato
If you can't understand the difference between YouTube personalities putting on a fight to boost their own ego and wallets and professional fighters who've dedicated their whole lives training making a living then I don't really know what to say.

Again, if they're watching for Logan Paul v. KSI I highly doubt they'll pay any attention at all to the undercard. If anything it's an embarrassment to the sport and highlights what a money focused, ******** of a sport it has become in recent years.

I can see, and certainly understand the difference in terms of an athletes dedication to a sport and an influences dedication to entertainment. Thats not what I am getting at.

You simply called them narcissistic personalities, and I made the same comments about professional fighters. Good luck trying to argue that, as many top level fighters will happily acknowledge they are narcissists.

Boxing is a money grabbing sport, in fact MANY popular sports are. The fact that Boxing is a dying sport in its current state, in both viewership and financials, means that this could be a positive thing for the sport. Reluctance to try grow the sport for the better by elitists is what will ultimately hold the sport back even more.

Eddie Hearn recognises this and is trying to do something about it. Its not a stupid move in the slightest.

The same can be said about any celeb TV programs which includes a profession or skill. People enjoy watching people they like try their hands at something. Examples being things like "dancing on ice" or "strictly come dancing" etc. etc.

It brings a wider audience to these things, in a good way, that might not have existed before.

Permabanned
Think about the stick that Floyd Mayweather got for fighting McGregor or the Japenese dude.

Floyd being one of the greatest fighters of all time and certainly of his era, McGregor the biggest star of UFC and the Japenese dude being the the best in his discipline.

I have no idea who ksi or Logan is, I mean I’ve heard of them but neither has any real background in combat sports they have just managed to create a social media buzz. It’s great for those involved making lots of money but has no business anywhere near a professional card.

I have no real problem with it happening, just keep it separate from the real boxing fights. This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Why is it a farce in your opinion? Just out of interest on your points.

If it brings a MASSIVE audience to boxing, potential revenue to boxing as a sport, etc. Why is that a bad thing?

This isn't boxing, this is two idiots vying for attention and as mentioned this will not attract new BOXING fans.
I had similar feelings towards the farce between Mayweather and McGregor.

A friend of mine's nephew was UK champion class (and potentially higher) but a few injuries and MAINLY boxing politics his career never came to anything. 15 plus years of training missing out on a huge amount of life growing up and little to show for it. Yet these clowns are given mainstream media attention for nothing more than a freak show.

Back
Top Bottom